• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 12, 2015] S@PS Weekly [Melee, Wii U, Project M] (State College, PA)

Registeel

Smash Cadet
NNID
luigi1594

Welcome to the official Smashboards Event Page for S@PS Weekly Featuring Melee, Wii U, and Project M Singles. Doubles will take place for Melee and Smash 4 Each Week

Location: Room 128 Waring Commons(Study Lounge) on the Penn State University Park Campus in State College. It's right in the middle of Pennsylvania so it's very central and people from all over can attend. We've had attendees from Williamsport, Lock Haven, Pittsburgh, and other regions.

Events: Melee Singles, Smash Wii U Singles, Project M Singles, and Doubles of Melee and Smash 4

Schedule:
12PM: Venue Opens
12-2PM: Late Registration For Smash 4 Singles and Project M Singles
2PM: Smash 4 Singles and Project M Singles Begin
5PM: Melee Singles Begin
Special Events will take place at varying times

Be sure to join our facebook group for more information https://www.facebook.com/groups/PSUSmash/

These Weeklies take place during the academic year of Penn State University so there will be none in the summer. They will pick back up in August.

Prices: $3 Venue Fee (Full Setups including TV, Game, and Console will have venue fee waived) $2 per singles entry, $1 per doubles entry.

Rulesets: Instead of posting all of them here, I have them all on our website http://sapsu.weebly.com/ It has all of the rules for each game as well as power rankings for our region. All of the rules are standard .

Prize Payouts: Top 3 will receive a 60/30/10 Split of the pot. This will change down the line once the pots get bigger and we are able to do payouts for top 5 or top 8.

Food: There are many great delivery restaurants in State College for Pizza, Chinese, and fast food like McDonalds and Taco bell due to the OrderUp website. Head over to https://orderup.com/ using the zip code 16802 for more details and eateries.

Twitch Channel
Event Twitter
TOs Twitter
Website
Facebook Group

I hope you decide to come out to our weekly, they are a blast! Also, shoutouts to the guys over at Xanadu for this event page format. For more information, contact me using to TO Twitter, here on smashboards, or find me in the facebook group. Name's Khalil Hill

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
The payout system is a little low for my taste. Raise it up to $5 or $10 entry for the future!

:018:

C3PO

Smash Cadet
NNID
C3POSmash
I too would prefer $5-10 entry fees..

Registeel

Smash Cadet
NNID
luigi1594
For smash 4 we expect 20-30 people per tournament. As for the entry fees, if we raise them that high, newer players to the scene would be turned off and ultimately stop coming.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
For smash 4 we expect 20-30 people per tournament. As for the entry fees, if we raise them that high, newer players to the scene would be turned off and ultimately stop coming.
You'll get significantly more interest if you just followed the standard $5 minimum entry fee for singles and doubles. Xanadu averages around the 60's with this on a Tuesday. I know I'd come as well as bring an entire carpool if you raised it to at least $5. It's not that much of a difference honestly. Newer players won't mind paying that. I've never seen it as an issue. $10 I could understand, but $5 is nothing.

Registeel

Smash Cadet
NNID
luigi1594
You'll get significantly more interest if you just followed the standard $5 minimum entry fee for singles and doubles. Xanadu averages around the 60's with this on a Tuesday. I know I'd come as well as bring an entire carpool if you raised it to at least $5. It's not that much of a difference honestly. Newer players won't mind paying that. I've never seen it as an issue. $10 I could understand, but $5 is nothing.

We'll definitely take a look at this possibility next semester! I would like players from all over to come to our events so I can definitely see raising entry being beneficial.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Is this tournament going to happen on May 9th as well? Please tell me it will. :3

Last edited:

BaPTraPLaP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaPTraPLaP
I would like to be able to come but I have a few questions. Have the weeklies started yet?Will I be able to come despite my age (I am not 18 and still in high school) The rest of the high school community would love to come considering they wouldn't allow us to start a club within the high school. I hope this is an ok place to ask all of this.

Registeel

Smash Cadet
NNID
luigi1594
I would like to be able to come but I have a few questions. Have the weeklies started yet?Will I be able to come despite my age (I am not 18 and still in high school) The rest of the high school community would love to come considering they wouldn't allow us to start a club within the high school. I hope this is an ok place to ask all of this.
Yes they've started, yes you can come even though you're under 18, yes you should bring your friends, and yes this is the right place to ask. I hope to see you on saturday!

Top Bottom