• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Sep 11, 2015] Codename: Salty Bets ~ Vanilla + Custom Weeklies (Toronto)

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
Codename: Salty Bets ~ Vanilla + Custom Weeklies

@

^Vanilla l Partners^
Address: 452 Spadina Avenue
Main Intersection: Bloor & Spadina

Where: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Often: Every Friday, Evening
Date: Friday, December 18th, 2015

Prices

Venue fee: $5 - To Use The Owners Resources In The Building + Play Friendlies On Setups

Smash Wii U Singles: $5 - Entry Into The Tournament To Compete With Others For Prizes

Payouts

Super Smash Bros Wii U Singles

1st Place: 40%
2nd Place: 25%
3rd Place: 15%
4th Place: 10%
5th Place: 5% X2

*Payouts are subject to change.*

Schedule:

4 Pm - 9 Pm

4:00 Pm: Smash 4 Casuals
4:30-5:15 Pm: Registration Opens
5:15 Pm Last Call Before Registration Closes
5:30 Pm: Smash 4 Singles Begins
9:00 Pm: Tournament Ends/Payouts

*scheduled times ATM are approximate*

Food:
A&C sells water, Coke, Iced tea, Gatorade, and Canada Dry for $1/$2

There is is a Burger King across the street, visible from the venue, there is a Subway beside the Venue, there is a Rexall that is just up the street from the venue and there is a 7-11 just across from the Burger King.

There's a Tim's beside the 7-11; Pizza Nova, Popeyes, Ajisen Ramen, Gold Stone Noodle House, Pho Hung, Mashion bun house, New Ho King, Einsteins bar all within walking distance of the venue

Directions:

Walk west on College from Queen's Park station (or streetcar if you so choose, but it's no more than 5-10 mins walk depending on your speed) to 452 Spadina

OR

Take the streetcar south on Spadina from Spadina station (or walk, but it's 15-20 mins in comparison) to College.
The venue Is in the southwest corner of the intersection, just south of the Rexall!

Smash 4 Wii U Rules

- 3 Stock 8 Minute Timer
- All Sets Are Bo3 (Excluding Grand Finals Set 2)
- 2 Bans Per Player
- DSR Takes Effect (Can't CP a Stage You Won on)
- Gentlemans Rule Is In Effect: If Both Players Agree To a Stage, They May Proceed On That Stage (Ignores DSR)
- Customs Are Legal
- Mii Fighters Are Legal
- All Other Procedures Follow Apex Ruleset
- WFT is Banned
- Luma Is Banned
- ^ If You Actually Took The Above 2 Seriously! I Don't Know What To Say To You...
- Pilotwings Is Prohibited In Friendlies, Money Matches, Crew Battles & Tournament Sets. Gentlemans Clause Does Not Overule Any Of Those Mentioned Above.
- ^ This Is Serious! Failure To Do This Results In Paying A Warranted Fee Of $5 Per Game Being Used

Smash 4 Wii U Ruleset: Neutrals

Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Dreamland 64
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks

Delfino Plaza
Battleship Halbard
Castle Siege
DuckCunt
Town + City
Miiverse
Omega Versions

NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as "BOTH" YOU, and YOUR OPPONENT AGREE, and ask a judge! If you agree, there will be NO COMPLAINTS MOTHER F*****S!

General Rules:
No illegal substances, no alcohol, no green, (NO DANK KUSH). (YEA TAKE THAT $*** OUTSIDE)
Don't smell, shower (Yea Wash your Ballz and Other Privates, PLZ)
Tournament matches have priority over friendlies. MMs have priority over friendlies
Keep trash talking casual, no need for us to witness someone getting they ayuss whooped

Last edited:

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
Reserved For Tournament Organizer
Tournament Results: Vanilla/Customs/Partners

Vanilla Weeklies:
Vanilla #1 - http://smashboards.com/threads/codename-salty-bets-vanilla-weekly-1.421106/
Vanilla #2 - http://smashboards.com/threads/codename-salty-bets-vanilla-weekly-2.421280/
Vanilla #2 - http://smashboards.com/threads/codename-salty-bets-vanilla-weekly-3.421389/
Vanilla #2 -
Vanilla #2 -
Vanilla #2 -
Vanilla #2 -
Vanilla #2 -
Vanilla #2 -
Vanilla #2 -
Vanilla #2 -
Vanilla #2 -
Vanilla #2 -

Custom Weeklies:
Customs #1 - http://smashboards.com/threads/codename-salty-bets-customs-weekly-1.421201/
Customs #1 - http://smashboards.com/threads/codename-salty-bets-customs-weekly-2.421283/
Customs #1 -
Customs #1 -
Customs #1 -
Customs #1 -
Customs #1 -
Customs #1 -

Partners Weeklies:
Partners #1 -
Partners #1 -
Partners #1 -
Partners #1 -
Partners #1 -
Partners #1 -
Partners #1 -
Partners #1 -

Last edited:

Ghost_Nick

Smash Rookie
So does this tournament alternate between vanilla and custom? It was only vanilla last week (the 17th)

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
Where do I check for previous tourney results?

And yes. This tournament switches between vanilla and custom weekly.

Last edited:

firedude953

Smash Apprentice
NNID
firedude953
I have a question, so here it is: on the A&C website, it says the store closes at 8pm, but the tournament schedule says the tournament ends at 9. Whats happening?

Blueberry Kong

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DKbill
I have a question, so here it is: on the A&C website, it says the store closes at 8pm, but the tournament schedule says the tournament ends at 9. Whats happening?
the actually store part (where they sell games and gaming accesories and parts etc.) closes, but the gaming part at the back stays open an hour longer

firedude953

Smash Apprentice
NNID
firedude953
the actually store part (where they sell games and gaming accesories and parts etc.) closes, but the gaming part at the back stays open an hour longer
Thanks for the help, it really clears things up! I'm looking forward to going to these tournaments!

Last edited:

>NaCl

Smash Rookie
NNID
Avalon_Guild
3DS FC
0533-5783-6020
This is still happening this Friday, correct?

>NaCl

Smash Rookie
NNID
Avalon_Guild
3DS FC
0533-5783-6020
Have any link to this?

firedude953

Smash Apprentice
NNID
firedude953
Sorry, I'm new to this. Is this every week?
It is every week unless they are hosting another game tournament at the same time or they are renting the equipment. Those things don't happen too often. I recommend you call in to A & C Games to ask whether they're doing a tournament that day.

Scieric

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Player93
3DS FC
3325-4653-4007
What's wrong with Pilotwings? Did it do something to you similar to what Wikipedia did to teachers?

Scieric

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Player93
3DS FC
3325-4653-4007
So which ones are customs which ones are Vanilla? Also, are Mii fighters legal in Vanilla?

Last edited:

Scieric

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Player93
3DS FC
3325-4653-4007
I'm sorry. My question wasn't answered. Are mii fighters legal in Vanilla?

Thekiller37

Smash Cadet
NNID
Trebek
3DS FC
0232-8097-9642
I am planning to come as well, but am getting confused by the back and forth here D:

Is the event still happening Friday? Did it get rescheduled?

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
I'm sorry. My question wasn't answered. Are mii fighters legal in Vanilla?
yes, mid height, mid weight, 1111 miis are allowed.

I am planning to come as well, but am getting confused by the back and forth here D:

Is the event still happening Friday? Did it get rescheduled?
it's happening this and next friday for sure (june 12 and 19) but they will both be customs in preparation of the big events. EVO if I remember correctly.

Thekiller37

Smash Cadet
NNID
Trebek
3DS FC
0232-8097-9642
Thanks Zephyr! Darn, it kind of sucks that it's a customs tourney, but I'll still join in. Is customs in this sense just custom moves, or custom equipment as well? And I wouldn't be forced to use custom moves, right D:

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
Due To Recent Mishaps With Customs Being Forced Changed Too Be Vanilla Last Week, We Will Be Running Customs For 2 Weeks In A Row This Friday & Next Friday On The 12th &19th
Vanilla Will Resume On The 26th, Sorry For The Recent Changes Of Your Schedule If You Were Coming For Vanilla This Week!

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
Thanks Zephyr! Darn, it kind of sucks that it's a customs tourney, but I'll still join in. Is customs in this sense just custom moves, or custom equipment as well? And I wouldn't be forced to use custom moves, right D:
only custom moves are allowed since equipment can be broken, and you're allowed to use vanilla or from a set of custom moves that are legalized for EVO. can't remember the list at the moment though...
a lot of people still stick to vanilla in these custom tourneys, just expect some shenanigans here and there.

Thekiller37

Smash Cadet
NNID
Trebek
3DS FC
0232-8097-9642
only custom moves are allowed since equipment can be broken, and you're allowed to use vanilla or from a set of custom moves that are legalized for EVO. can't remember the list at the moment though...

a lot of people still stick to vanilla in these custom tourneys, just expect some shenanigans here and there.
Alright, I'm likely going to stick to Vanilla myself then, thanks Zephyr!

Ok, so it appears that the listing here is outdated, and the event actually starts at four. Did not know that >_>

Last edited:

Scieric

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Player93
3DS FC
3325-4653-4007
Am I the only one that likes customs better than Vanilla? I just think it's how the game should be played.

Thekiller37

Smash Cadet
NNID
Trebek
3DS FC
0232-8097-9642
Am I the only one that likes customs better than Vanilla? I just think it's how the game should be played.
I certainly enjoy vanilla a lot more than customs, but that's just me.

Also looking forward to doubles tomorrow :D

MugiC

Smash Rookie
So is there a custom/single tournament here on the 10th? ill be in the city and a smash tournament seems like the perfect place to spend it, Thanks, MugiC

DLSix

Smash Rookie
Just saying, you guys need to make this end like an hour earlier. If it ended at 8pm I could go every week. Stupid friday night shifts....

Thekiller37

Smash Cadet
NNID
Trebek
3DS FC
0232-8097-9642
So is there a custom/single tournament here on the 10th? ill be in the city and a smash tournament seems like the perfect place to spend it, Thanks, MugiC
There is a Smash 4 tournament today, the 10th, however it was not specified. You can look at A&Cs Facebook group to see for yourself.
Just saying, you guys need to make this end like an hour earlier. If it ended at 8pm I could go every week. Stupid friday night shifts....
Lots of people leave before the weekly actually ends for the night, it's not like you have to stay for the entire thing.

Mugutu

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mugutu
Hey is this week customs? Hard to keep track, I'm bad with dates.

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
Hey is this week customs? Hard to keep track, I'm bad with dates.
Vanilla Today!
Also Keep in Mind:
- That A&C Is Now Going To Open at 4PM For Friendlies (Blame The Venue Owner)
- After EVO Doubles/Triples Events Will Be More Constant
- New Schedule Of Changes Regarding Registration, Rulesets & Brackets Have Been Updated
- Join The Faceook Group For Up To Date Info and Meet The Wii U Community - https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashWiiUOntario/

Last edited:
Top Bottom