• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 10, 2015] Thursday Night Smash @ The Nexus Gaming (Union City, NJ)

Nexus| Taka

Fraudulent Doc Main
EVERY THURSDAYS!!! www.NucleusGG.com

FACEBOOK GROUP:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NucleusGGTourneys/

STREAM:
Smash 4: twitch.tv/RushHourSmash - twitch.tv/NucleusGG

SCHEDULE:
5:00 PM - Setup / Sign In / Register / Friendlies

6:00 PM Smash 4 Doubles

7:00 PM Smash 4 Singles

We start on time so BE on time!

FEES:
$5 Venue
$5 Per Event

PAYOUTS (< 64 entrants):
60/30/10

PAYOUTS (>= 64 entrants):
48/22/14/8/4/4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SM4SH Wii U RULE SET:

* 2 stocks, 6 minutes
* Sets are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.
* Items set to “off” and “none.”

* Custom moves are NOT LEGAL

* Equipment is banned.

* Mii Fighters are legal.

*Amiibos may not be entered into the tournament (as a sub for the player himself nor as a teammate for doubles).

* Either player may call for a double blind character selection for the first match.

* Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the player who quit.

* If time runs out, the player who is winning by stock and percent is declared the victor. In the case of a stock and percent tie, a 1 stock 3 minute match will be played with the same characters and stage.

* If a match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move, the player who initiated the move is declared the victor.

* No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as it doesn’t hold up the next match.

* Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.

SMASH 4 Wii U STAGE LIST (subject to change):

2 bans per player

Starter Stages:

- Battle Field ( or Mii verse)
- Dream Land
- Final Destination
- Smashville
- Town and City

Counterpick Stages:

- Castle Siege
- Delfino Plaza
- Duck Hunt
- Halberd
- Kongo Jungle 64 (Doubles only)
- Lylat Cruise
- Omega Stages*

Set procedure:

1. Before the set begins,the the players engage in rock paper scissors. The winner strikes the first neutral stage, then the loser strikes the next two, then the winner strikes the last one. Game one is played on the remaining neutral stage.

2. After game one, the winning player bans two stages, meaning that the losing player cannot counterpick to those stages (banning Final Destination bans the ability to pick any variant of Final Destination).

3. The loser announces their counterpick stage.

4. The winner announces their character.

5. The loser selects a character and then the next game begins. Repeat this process until one player has won two games (or three in finals).

6. DSR is NOT in effect. (No CPing a stage you already won on in a set).

ADDITIONAL TOURNAMENT RULES:
- Players are not allowed to modify the length, nor change the other rules of the set without consulting the TO, even if both players agree. Any players found to be doing this will BOTH be disqualified, and face forfeiture of prize money.

- Any player entering with a misleading tag (such as a good player entering with a random tag, or a player entering using another players tag / a variation of it) without alerting the TOs will face complete disqualification, and forfeiture of prize money.

- Any players colluding or manipulating the bracket will also be disqualified and face forfeiture of prize money.

- TOs have full discretion to override or change rules as
they see fit, when circumstances warrant it.

Last edited:

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012
This is a few minutes away from my job haha. I'd consider it but on another day. I live in Paterson and my job is about 25 min away. (in Secaucus) :) If it starts good I'd be much more inclined, especially on a weekly basis.

Last edited:

Nexus| Taka

Fraudulent Doc Main
The tournament is double elimination and this will be a Bi Weekly tournament. However every other week we will be doing a smashfest that will have all generations of smash.

3/18 Smashfest
3/25 Tournament Smash 4 and PM

feel free to like our facebook page to see when our next events will be https://www.facebook.com/NucleusGG

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Ayite/Catasraphe here. Is there a youtube channel the matches are uploaded to? Its a pain to sort through the stream.

RizMF

Smash Apprentice
There are already biweeklies on the same day 20 minutes away. Any chance you can do this on a different day or at least switch the times that you do smashfests and tournaments?

Nexus| Taka

Fraudulent Doc Main
we are pretty solid on our days and times, sorry for the inconvenience but it is what works best for our team and community.

as for the youtube channel, we are going to upload the matches however it may take some time since this is our first upload, we will be announcing on the previous event page and on our FB page once they are uploaded.

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012
So next date is April 8th? I'll most likely attempt to come if I remember.

kenii28

Smash Rookie
ill try my best to be there this week because i have class until like 4:30.
if it's possible could this event be on perhaps tuesdays or thursdays? my classes end early on those days! just wondering!
so this is going to be a biweekly event right?
and the $5 is only for entering bracket right?
and $10 puts you in the raffle for the amiibo.
this is gonna be my first tournament if i can make it so i'm still noob

Nexus| Taka

Fraudulent Doc Main
correct, this is a biweekly, the dates are pretty set we will be doing other events on other days so be sure to like our facebook page to keep updated.

https://www.facebook.com/NucleusGG?fref=ts

it will cost 10$'s to enter into the venue and then you can pay 5$ for each event you would like to enter. every paid venue gets you a raffle ticket.

Nexus| Taka

Fraudulent Doc Main
Some changes to this event listed below;

Venue will be 7$'s every week
Melee will be a weekly while smash 4 and pm will stay on a Bi weekly schedule
There will be free play set ups available on the weeks that there is only a melee tournament
The only melee days will also feature melee doubles

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I will be there, I may be like 5 minutes late. Please permit entry to the tournament anyways :)

FryingPan

Smash Rookie
Takasan. I see some schedule changes were made. Am I to expect that every Wednesday will now be mixology Wednesday's, and every Thursday will be smash night Thursday? From now until the foreseeable future?

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Jesus, this tourney changes schedules every time I wanna go!

So are the tournaments from now on every Thursday instead of Wednsday?

MadSpace

Smash Rookie
Takasan, If I might be a little late this thursday, is it okay if my brother comes and registers for me if I give him the money? If i'm too late I guess it would be fine to DQ me. I'll still come anyway and pay the venue fee just to spectate.

FryingPan

Smash Rookie
Yo, is smash 4 going to transition into a weekly now? I see that before, It was melee and pm weeklies. With smash 4 biweeklies mixed in. But I just get a little confused because the banner says every week and I don't know if it means for all 3 games or not. Could you specifiy?

Nexus| Taka

Fraudulent Doc Main
Takasan, If I might be a little late this thursday, is it okay if my brother comes and registers for me if I give him the money? If i'm too late I guess it would be fine to DQ me. I'll still come anyway and pay the venue fee just to spectate.
Yes this should be fine, if you are 5 minutes late you will go to losers bracket.

Yo, is smash 4 going to transition into a weekly now? I see that before, It was melee and pm weeklies. With smash 4 biweeklies mixed in. But I just get a little confused because the banner says every week and I don't know if it means for all 3 games or not. Could you specifiy?
yes all three games are weeklies now. we switched our fests/parties to be wednesdays

Sneaky boy Nick

Smash Journeyman
How much is a ticket at the port authority bus? I could make it back on the 123 bus after the tourney right?

Nexus| Taka

Fraudulent Doc Main
How much is a ticket at the port authority bus? I could make it back on the 123 bus after the tourney right?
the ticket should cost $3.20
however there are also shuttle buses on gate 51 that go for 3 dollars and you dont need tickets or exact change.

you can either take the 123 bus or the 125.

Last edited:

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012
I really need to be motivated to come myself.. It's so close to my job in Secaucus.

Navi95

Smash Rookie
Hey, I really want to go to this event but this will be the first event I ever attended. I was wondering if anyone else is catching the bus at the port athority bus terminal and wanted to take the trip with me. Just holla at yah boi if you are because I really don't know how to get there. Please don't meet up with me and try to kill me... That would really ruin my day. Thanks.

ON HIATUS - due to venue problems, join the facebook group to keep updated

EVERY THURSDAYS!!! www.NucleusGG.com

FACEBOOK GROUP:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NucleusGGTourneys/

STREAM:
Smash 4: twitch.tv/RushHourSmash
Project M: twitch.tv/NucleusGG

SCHEDULE:
5:00 PM - Setup / Sign In / Register / Friendlies

6:00 PM Smash 4 Doubles

6:30 PM Project M Doubles

7:00 PM Smash 4 Singles

8:00 PM Project M Singles

We start on time so BE on time!

FEES:
$5 Venue
$5 Per Event

PAYOUTS (< 64 entrants):
60/30/10

PAYOUTS (>= 64 entrants):
48/22/14/8/4/4

We also offer 2 additonal ways to get FREE/discounted VENUE @ Smash Night Wednesdays!

1) Come with 3 Smash friends who pay venue and you pay no venue fee.

SM4SH Wii U RULE SET:

* 2 stocks, 6 minutes

* Custom moves are NOT LEGAL

* Equipment is banned.

* Mii Fighters are legal.

*Amiibos may not be entered into the tournament (as a sub for the player himself nor as a teammate for doubles).

* Either player may call for a double blind character selection for the first match.

* Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the player who quit.

* If time runs out, the player who is winning by stock and percent is declared the victor. In the case of a stock and percent tie, a 1 stock 3 minute match will be played with the same characters and stage.

* If a match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move, the player who initiated the move is declared the victor.

* No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as it doesn’t hold up the next match.

SMASH 4 Wii U STAGE LIST (subject to change):

2 bans per player

Starter Stages:

- Battle Field ( or Mii verse)
- Dream Land
- Final Destination
- Smashville
- Town and City

Counterpick Stages:

- Castle Siege
- Delfino Plaza
- Duck Hunt
- Halberd
- Kongo Jungle 64 (Doubles only)
- Lylat Cruise
- Omega Stages*

Set procedure:

1. Before the set begins,the the players engage in rock paper scissors. The winner strikes the first neutral stage, then the loser strikes the next two, then the winner strikes the last one. Game one is played on the remaining neutral stage.

2. After game one, the winning player bans two stages, meaning that the losing player cannot counterpick to those stages (banning Final Destination bans the ability to pick any variant of Final Destination).

3. The loser announces their counterpick stage.

4. The winner announces their character.

5. The loser selects a character and then the next game begins. Repeat this process until one player has won two games (or three in finals).

6. DSR is NOT in effect. (No CPing a stage you already won on in a set).

PROJECT M RULE SET:

* 4 stock, 8 minutes.

* Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.

* Dave’s Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick any stage he won on in a set. There is no DSR in best of 5 sets.

* Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can’t be agreed upon. For doubles, the controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.

* For doubles, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.

* Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.

* Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the quitter.

* If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.

* If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon’s side-B, Kirby/DDD’s swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.

* Buffer set to off.

*** Pause set to "Hold" ***

* Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.

* Custom music is allowed as long as it’s not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures are not.

* If you want to use your own SD card, a TO must overwrite the important game files (not music) in order to make sure there are no modifications. If you are caught cheating with modified game files, you will be immediately DQed without refund and banned from future events.

* In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO’s discretion.

* No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs’ Rising Pound and Mario’s Up-B Wall jump)

* Giga Bowser is banned.

PROJECT M STAGE LIST:

For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-1 fashion. After each match, the winner of the previous match bans 3 stages (Players may counter-pick a stage that they previously banned in the set, but may not counter-pick a stage on which they won). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.

Starter Stages
- Battlefield
- Smashville
- Green Hill Zone
- Dreamland
- Pokemon Stadium 2

Counterpicks
- Norfair
- Distant Planet
- Yoshi's Story Melee
- Yoshi's Island Brawl
- Fountain of Dreams
- Lylat
- Warioware
- Final Destination

---Doubles Neutrals---
Pokémon Stadium 2
Yoshi's Island Brawl
Battlefield
Smashville
Dreamland
Distant Planet
Dracula's Castle

---Doubles Counterpicks---
Lylat Cruise
Green Hill Zone
Final Destination
Norfair
Skyworld

PROJECT M STAMINA MODE RULE SET:

- 2 stock, 8 minutes, 300HP
- "Type 3" (normal knockback without blastzones)

Same stagelist and counterpick method as regular Project M!

ADDITIONAL TOURNAMENT RULES:
- Players are not allowed to modify the length, nor change the other rules of the set without consulting the TO, even if both players agree. Any players found to be doing this will BOTH be disqualified, and face forfeiture of prize money.

- Any player entering with a misleading tag (such as a good player entering with a random tag, or a player entering using another players tag / a variation of it) without alerting the TOs will face complete disqualification, and forfeiture of prize money.

- Any players colluding or manipulating the bracket will also be disqualified and face forfeiture of prize money.

- TOs have full discretion to override or change rules as
they see fit, when circumstances warrant it.

Navi95

Smash Rookie
Yo Nick I'm taking the bus too but I'm not sure where to get the bus and stuff. Do you wanna meet up and take the trip together? Just don't try to kill me.

MadSpace

Smash Rookie
Hey, I really want to go to this event but this will be the first event I ever attended. I was wondering if anyone else is catching the bus at the port athority bus terminal and wanted to take the trip with me. Just holla at yah boi if you are because I really don't know how to get there. Please don't meet up with me and try to kill me... That would really ruin my day. Thanks.
As you can see in the title, this event is on Hiatus due to the venue closing. The TOs are going to try and find a venue by August

Top Bottom