• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Send in the Clown- Lola Pop Support Thread

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We got a very strange official confirmation where the series was confirmed but not the character, leaving the door open to many potential fighters, especially considering the designated MC is an Assist Trophy. This opens the door to any fighter, even the ones added to the game as DLC, such as-

LOLA POP BOUNCES BACK
435px-LolaPop.png

INFO
A woman with candy themed ARMS (and hair) Lola Pop enters the ARMS tournament hoping to use the notoriety to set up her own Circus.

UNIQUE POWERS
Lola Pop seems to share a strange amount of powers with Lanky Kong beside her stretchy ARMS she can inflate herself as a defensive measure allowing her to deflect attacks and bounce out of danger. Her weapons of choice are Funchucks which spin around when she punches, covering a wider area and she also packs Bifflers which obscure the screen and the reflective Clapback.

1. Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6
  2. fogbadge fogbadge
  3. SneakyLink SneakyLink
  4. scoobymcsnack scoobymcsnack
  5. Dark Bagel Dark Bagel
  6. Pizza Robo Pizza Robo
  7. Mamboo07 Mamboo07
  8. Shenryu64 Shenryu64
  9. BZocky BZocky
  10. Marvel-Otaku-Man Marvel-Otaku-Man
  11. OnyanRings OnyanRings
  12. KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465
  13. @JDCabrera
  14. Sari Sari
  15. NOSTARSICK NOSTARSICK
  16. Laniv Laniv
  17. ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos
  18. Suiren_Kirin Suiren_Kirin
  19. Ed-boy Ed-boy

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
she has no style, she has no grace this clown has a...... wait, hold on wrong character

ahem i support

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
It's Clown Time! Wait, wrong medium...

I support on the basis of Lola Pop being a clown.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
Seeing a clown-type character that's as sincerely fun-loving and whimsical as Lola is a honestly refreshing, since clowns in the recent scope of popular culture tend to get more of a bad rap nowadays. Her design's great, she's got a well-implemented scheme of bright, warm colors that really pop out at you (no pun intended). And not only that, her unique ARMS weapons and special inflation-guard ability lend themselves well to a more oddball, defensive character with decent utility to boot. I'd love to see this quirky gal Smash it up with the best of 'em, count me a supporter.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I support her for Smash.
(Shame that clowns get a bad rap for being creepy and scary a lot especially in horror.)

Shenryu64

Smash Rookie
She's my favorite by far alongside Dr.Coyle and I think they would be the most unique in Smash, I don't really think she stands a chance against Min Min or Spring Man unless they don't want to upgrade a spirit/mii fighter, but I support her and I'm hoping she gets in somehow.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I will say, while Lola Pop came around after I really stopped paying much attention to ARMS, I always remembered her whenever the fear of clowns was discussed due to a tidbit this tweet brings up.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I always found it rather funny, so she did stick out to me in the long term more than most of the ARMS cast. Not my top ARMS choice, but I would be fine with Lola Pop as a fighter.

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
Lola's one of my top picks for an ARMS rep. I think Sakurai might be attracted to the idea of adding a clown based character in smash.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
My prayers have been answered ! :122:Our time has come fellow Klownz. :122:

Okay, let's be real, Lola Pop has pretty much no chance of getting in as a playable fighter.
She already stands out in her own series so she wouldn't be the best candidate to represent Arms as a whole, and even if we do get a Bowser Jr. situation (with multiple characters as alts), she's too goofy and unique to really fit another character's build.

With that said, she's still my favorite character in Arms and probably one of my favorite character design in general, i support this Cool Candy Clown.

Last edited:

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
I'm just sayin', I looked around at some of the most popular clown characters in video games, and they're all like 90% horror themed. This could be the golden opportunity for Sakurai to add in the classic goofy archetype of a clown.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
She's certainly picking up traction among fan artists lately; not only did Krazy do her, but also the resident TheYetee artist Kevin Fagaragan now, as well.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Anyway, I've made my feelings on her clear enough in the general, so count me in as a supporter. Seeing as all the biggest ARMS mascots are in the base game via some form, that could be used as a potential loophole, who knows...

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Shenryu64

Smash Rookie
A thing I don't really understand is why people say Lola isn't popular, is it because she lost in round 1 in the party crash bash against the winner of the event (Min Min)? Because her trailer in Youtube is like the most viewed among all DLC from ARMS (Lola has like +1 million views meanwhile Dr.Coyle has 900000 and Max Brass has 600000) and she won every individual Party Crash she was in that wasn't part of the Party Crash Bash (vs Helix and vs Misango).

I know this really doesn't prove much about her popularity but it still kinda bugs me people treat her like she is unpopular or something because I don't see that impression in the ARMS fanbase in general, only in Smash speculation.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
A thing I don't really understand is why people say Lola isn't popular, is it because she lost in round 1 in the party crash bash against the winner of the event (Min Min)? Because her trailer in Youtube is like the most viewed among all DLC from ARMS (Lola has like +1 million views meanwhile Dr.Coyle has 900000 and Max Brass has 600000) and she won every individual Party Crash she was in that wasn't part of the Party Crash Bash (vs Helix and vs Misango).

I know this really doesn't prove much about her popularity but it still kinda bugs me people treat her like she is unpopular or something because I don't see that impression in the ARMS fanbase in general, only in Smash speculation.
Coulrophobia outside of Japan, that's it. That's the only genuine reason. Also, firm belief in the "main character rule will never ever be broken" fan rule.

Truth be told, I'm getting exhausted of having to fend off naysayers and non-believers, and just want the ARMS reveal to happen as soon as possible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Society moment.

Jokes aside, count me in as a supporter.

Lola Pop seems like a visually fun character to have in Smash.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Coulrophobia outside of Japan, that's it. That's the only genuine reason. Also, firm belief in the "main character rule will never ever be broken" fan rule.

Truth be told, I'm getting exhausted of having to fend off naysayers and non-believers, and just want the ARMS reveal to happen as soon as possible.
ah the naysayers, ever tiring, always there

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
People think she's got no chance 'cause she was a DLC character, but that won't stop them from supporting Dr. Coyle. I swear, clowns have the same kind unfair hate that furry animal characters have. Y'know, we really need a character to appear in a popular game to show the common folk why clowns are so great. Someone like...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
People think she's got no chance 'cause she was a DLC character, but that won't stop them from supporting Dr. Coyle. I swear, clowns have the same kind unfair hate that furry animal characters have. Y'know, we really need a character to appear in a popular game to show the common folk why clowns are so great. Someone like...
Lola Pop's one of those characters who's not got one particular thing going for her (unless you count already being a spirit to be a deathblow) but has a lot of charm and unique mechanics that would make for an intresting moveset.

She's similar to Dr. Coyle in that regard but the Rad Scientist has the potential edge as she and Headlok make up the Final Boss on hardest mode. That said, Lola may have the advantage as her mechanics could work a lot easier on a 2D plane.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Lola Pop is currently being rated in the RTC thread (along with 2 other ARMS characters + a concept).

https://smashboards.com/threads/rat...eeman-half-life.453357/page-637#post-23955291

Feel free to rate her in both chance and want, and make sure to have at least 2 sentences for both of them for it to count.

-----

Also while I'm at it, I'm gonna support Lola. She's adorable as hell and her inflation ability looks like it'd be fun in Smash. Plus Smash is long overdue for a clown character.

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
I've said before I'm happy with literally any of the characters...but Lola is tied with Coyle and Max for the ones I'd like the most!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If you want to get an idea of how Lola could play, here's a video going over how to play her in ARMS.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Popping in to support Lola Pop, she's one of my three most wanted ARMS characters

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well the reveal is on one Monday so this is your last chance to get that sweet, sweet "I called it!" cred by adding your names to the support list.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I had a Lola Pop epiphany this morning when I saw the reveal was on monday. Please add me to the list just in case, Lola's my favorite.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to be added to the support list too. Lola is one of the four characters I'd like to see as the Arms rep.

Fictional clowns have been typecast as evil to hell & back, so who better than Ms. Pop (and in my wildest dreams, Lanky Kong) to buck the trend.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'd like to be added to the support list too. Lola is one of the four characters I'd like to see as the Arms rep.

Fictional clowns have been typecast as evil to hell & back, so who better than Ms. Pop (and in my wildest dreams, Lanky Kong) to buck the trend.
whos the other 3?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Odds might be stacked against her but here's hoping Lola gets her time to shine in the Direct.

Top Bottom