• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Senate Sponsored: SWF Suggestion Box (No smiley suggestions!)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
With the sudden influx of naughty picture bots (I am led to believe they are such) in the Smash 4 social thread, I think tighter countermeasures against bots when registering would be ideal. Like a captcha or something, cause I guess whoever made those bots programmed them with the knowledge of every answer to the initial security questions (I.e. When was Smash 64 released?)

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I put adblock back on this site because of the Lego Minecraft ads. I don't even roll over the damn thing and it takes up half the screen and starts playing. Even when I hit "close" it opens back up and plays 5 seconds later.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
With the ads train of thought in mind, is there any way to adjust the mobile ads so that they don't execute a script that automatically opens up something in the App Store on my iPhone? When I'm not logged in and look at the site it does that and it's super annoying; I have to use a mobile adblocker for that sole reason.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I will second that these rollover Lego ads are quite obnoxious, and on multiple computers I've had issues with loading the site because of them. It will show the loading icon with the Smash logo in it, and anywhere I click leads me to the ad.

Top Bottom