• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Semi-Weekly AMA: - Zero Requiem -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1574729550568.png

- Zero Requiem -

This AMA's subject has a pretty unique username that makes them a little tough to tag: - Zero Requiem -!

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until - Zero Requiem - has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. We'll try to draw two names for two AMAs each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alrighty, Lamperouge Lamperouge , take it away

I'll start:
  1. What would you say was your most hype Smash reveal?
  2. What are your top 3 favorite movies
  3. Pyra or Mythra?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Yeah, "Zero Requiem" without the hyphens was already taken so I had to improvise...

View attachment 248094
- Zero Requiem -

This AMA's subject has a pretty unique username that makes them a little tough to tag: - Zero Requiem -!

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until - Zero Requiem - has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. We'll try to draw two names for two AMAs each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alrighty, Lamperouge Lamperouge , take it away

I'll start:
  1. What would you say was your most hype Smash reveal?
  2. What are your top 3 favorite movies
  3. Pyra or Mythra?
1. Definitely Ridley; I've been a big (get it?) supporter of him ever since the Brawl days and I never actually expected him to show up as a playable character in a million years. The Metroid fanboy in me screamed the second I saw that hallway in his reveal trailer. While I do wish Ridley was a little more competitively viable and his U-special had additional angles to choose from, I think that he's an absolute blast to play and one that I feel fairly comfortable using.

Mashed Potato Samurai did my boy justice.

2. I was actually discussing this with my brother the other night and settled on three movies in particular. These movies include:

• Falling Down (Michael Douglas gives an incredible performance as a guy who is driven to insanity by small inconveniences that make him reflect on life.)
  • American History X (It's a terrifying look at how racist beliefs and hate crimes can lead one down the wrong path, and the ending is among the most tragic that I've ever seen in a movie.)
  • Pineapple Express (This movie is completely ridiculous and James Franco plays a stoned idiot extraordinarily well. Seth Rogen did okay, too.)
3. Mythra; I feel like she has more character and plot relevance to the story than Pyra, and the Torna expansion helps make her a lot more sympathetic by shedding more light on the trauma she faces in the main game. In battle, her absurdly high Crit rate and powerful specials far exceed what Pyra is capable of, too, so most players often bench Pyra as soon as Mythra is available.

Her design is pretty great, too...with a couple of exceptions. I wish that the window was covered and her skirt was a little bit longer, but the overall design and color scheme of her outfit is pretty appealing. I'm also a fan of her wild blond hair in comparison to Pyra's bob cut (although I do still think it's really cute).

That being said, my actual favorite if only by a small margin is...

Pneuma.

Her outfit makes her look like a Gundam girl and I dig the ponytail.

1. Ever play Quest 64?
2. What site did you find that avatar on?
1. I can't say that I have.

I remember watching a video by the AVGN where he covered the game and I thought it looked fairly interesting, but I'm not going out of my way to play it any time soon.

2. Reddit, I think.

I typically just grab whatever image I think would make a great avatar from Google.

1. Favorite food?
  2. Have you ever ridden in a steamroller?
  3. Why don't you have any requiem?
1. Hm, I'd probably say spaghetti; I'm pretty big on tomatoey foods in general, plus it tastes great when you sprinkle a pinch of parmesan cheese on it.

As for a slightly more "out there" response, I really dig corned beef hash and sometimes even have it for dinner.

2. No, but if I ever get a job related to construction and I happen to step in one, I'll be sure to give you an update.

3. Uhh, because I'm not dead yet?

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
1. How much playtime do you have on XC2?

2. Who's your favourite rare blade from XC2?

3. And for some variation, which character do you dislike the most to play against in Smash Ultimate?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
1. How much playtime do you have on XC2?

2. Who's your favourite rare blade from XC2?

3. And for some variation, which character do you dislike the most to play against in Smash Ultimate?
1. I'm sitting at 300+ hours across three playthroughs (normal run, New Game+, and then a fresh run on a different account).

...Yeah, I might have a slight problem.

2. I'm excluding guest Blades because that would be too easy and kinda boring (Shulk, Fiora, and KOS-MOS are all in my top 5).

In terms of viability, I'd probably say either Zenobia or Dagas as they're both fairly strong; the former gets some nice buffs when facing higher leveled enemies and the latter has Kaiser Zone which provides a great damage buff to the entire party.

Personal preference and slight bias answer, though? Perun.

She's designed by the artists for Code Geass and is even voiced by Ami Koshimizu (the voice actress for a major character in the show), so I'm a little biased since I'm a big fan of the series.

3. Probably Ness and Lucas, honestly.

I can't say that I've faced many of them that don't make PK Fire the primary focus of their game plan. That being said, I know that I should be able to adapt to their shenanigans but they're still pretty annoying to face regardless.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
1. I’ve never played Xenoblade. What’s the appeal of Mythra? (Not denying that she’s a good character, I just know nothing about her and I’m curious.)

2. What’s your favorite Smash Bros. boss?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
1. I’ve never played Xenoblade. What’s the appeal of Mythra? (Not denying that she’s a good character, I just know nothing about her and I’m curious.)

2. What’s your favorite Smash Bros. boss?
1. I've basically already touched upon this in my first post but she's a badass with a great design (minus a couple of things I'd tweak), she's extremely useful in battle thanks to her skill set and easily among the best Blades in the game, and she's got a pretty compelling story arc.

2. I gotta go with Marx.

I love Kirby games and I grew up playing Super Star on the SNES when I was a kid, so I couldn't be happier with how much of a loving homage to the original his battle in Ultimate turned out to be. Definitely the perfect way to represent the character as far as I'm concerned.

Dracula would easily be my runner-up choice, though; I love Castlevania and the fight is basically ripped straight from the original game and Rondo of Blood.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Did you get Kos-Mos in Xeno2 and if you did how long did that take?

Why are you so not not cool?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Did you get Kos-Mos in Xeno2 and if you did how long did that take?

Why are you so not not cool?
1. I think I drew her from a Rare Core Crystal in chapter 5 with around 40 hours clocked in.

...Yeah, I got lucky as **** compared to some others who pulled her near the end of the game or are still trying to get her. She's still one of my most used Blades to this day, too.

2. I didn't choose the thug life, the thug life chose me.

In all seriousness, I think I'm just a goofy dweeb who tries too hard to be funny around people...kinda like I'm doing right now lol.

1. What is your name?
2. What is your quest?
3. What is your favorite color?
1. - Zero Requiem - :-P

You can call me Dillon if you'd like, though.

2. To crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentation of the women!

3. Probably blue, since I associate it with a bunch of characters that I've liked since childhood (Sonic, Optimus Prime, and Mega Man immediately come to mind).

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
  1. I've got a copy of XC2 but still haven't convinced myself to play it. Can you tell me what made the experience so great in a single sentence?
  2. If you had one day to spend binging, but could only pick one show, what show would you binge?
  3. What's your favorite food to make?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
  1. I've got a copy of XC2 but still haven't convinced myself to play it. Can you tell me what made the experience so great in a single sentence?
  2. If you had one day to spend binging, but could only pick one show, what show would you binge?
  3. What's your favorite food to make?
1. The worlds are imaginative with many benefiting from wonderful art direction to make them really pop, the story, while cliche and silly at times, is fun and backed by a fun, albeit underdeveloped cast of characters that have become some of my favorites in the JRPG genre, battling is addicting and allows for many different strategies thanks to the Blade system, and the soundtrack is an absolute treat to the ears and features some of the best music I've ever heard in a video game.

2. Firefly

I've heard that it's a cult classic and the low episode count (around 20 episodes, I think?) means that it probably would be possible to binge all of it in a single day.

3. I don't cook or bake that much at all, tbh, but brownies are pretty fun to make.

Quite delicious, too!

D

Deleted member

Thoughts on XC 3DS?

Do you own any LEGO set?

How was the last movie you saw?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Thoughts on XC 3DS?

Do you own any LEGO set?

How was the last movie you saw?
1. It's a servicable port and the only way that I've experienced the game so far. The graphics and resolution took a pretty big hit, sure, and the frame rate can get quite messy when there's a lot of things on screen, but it's definitely the best way to play Xenoblade Chronicles on a handheld...at least until Definitive Edition comes out lol.

2. I used to have a Spider-Man LEGO set of some kind but I couldn't tell you what specific theme it was going for beyond that. My gut is telling me that it was some kinda bank heist thing, IDK.

3. John Wick 3: Parabellum was the movie that I streamed most recently and I thought it was the best one in the series so far. Can't wait to see how Part 4 will close things off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom