• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Semi-Weekly AMA: UtopianPoyzin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1576372126588.png

UtopianPoyzin

This AMA's subject is what many consider the perfect toxic substance. Give it up for UtopianPoyzin!

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until UtopianPoyzin has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. We'll try to draw two names for two AMAs each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alrighty, UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin , take it away

I'll start:
  1. What would you say was your most hype Smash reveal?
  2. What are your top 3 favorite movies
  3. iirc you're a fellow RH fan, correct? What's your favorite Remix in the series?

Last edited:

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
Hello there, UtopianPoyzin!

1. What Smash character matches your personality the most?
2. The horizon could use a little redecorating. Choose a pretty-looking planet in our solar system to substitute the moon, so that we'll be close enough to see it out in the sky during the day.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
First off, thanks Smashing Ramen for having me here, and for hosting both this AMA and all of those previous!

1. What would you say was your most hype Smash reveal?
  2. What are your top 3 favorite movies
  3. iirc you're a fellow RH fan, correct? What's your favorite Remix in the series?
1. Not gonna lie, I was torn between King K. Rool and Banjo Kazooie. Watching hose two reveal trailers were definitely some of my favorite gaming memories of all time. However, I've gotta give the gold metal to Banjo Kazooie for subverting everybody's expectations through the trailer, even if Banjo was highly speculated at the time.

2. Guardians of the Galaxy 1 was probably my favorite movie, honestly. Solid times all around, and I adored the music selection. My second favorite would probably be Spider Man: Homecoming, and third would be a tie between Up and Thor Ragnarok. You might see a *very slight* draw towards the MCU on my end.

3. Eyy, you are correct! My favorite Remix has to be Remix 8 from fever. Probably the only thing bad about it is during the Air Rally bit when Baxter yells "BAAH BAAH BAAM BAAM!!" during the "climax" of the song. Besides that though, the song is fantastic and the minigames are fun. However, Remix 10 is also super good and I love it a ton as well. While I don't hate Remix 10's music, Remix 8's song is just too good imo. Remix 4 is also pretty good too in my book.

1. Your favorite animal?
2. How well do you get along with family?
3. Do you accept Yoshi as your lord and savior? What was your first game?
1. Peregrine Falcon

2. Pretty well, actually.

3. It was one of these three. I was too young to remember the order, but these were the first games that I can remember playing. There was one more here, but of course I can't remember it now. You're really making me deep dive back...
1576387828073.png
1576387941689.png
1576387992396.png
Were the first two good games? No, I'm pretty sure I gave them away. SMB3 was the only one I would end up keeping to use with the GBA port on my DS, which is where my first video game memories would come from. With my brand-spanking new DS, I can remember many more games that I had. I'm going to see how many I can remember off the top of my head:
  • New Super Mario Bros
  • Mario Kart DS
  • Mario Party DS
  • Super Mario 64 DS
  • Yoshi's Island DS
  • WarioWare DIY
  • Pokemon Pearl
  • Pokemon White
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
  • Mario & Sonic at Beijing
  • Sonic Rush
  • Bowser's Inside Story
  • Mario v Donkey-Kong Mini Land Mayhem
  • Big Brain Academy
  • Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader
  • Some game called Dolphin Island
  • Some iSpy game that I never opened
This lineup of games lasted me for basically most of my childhood, along with the Wii and that lineup. However, this was the first set of games. Obviously I didn't get everything at once, and some of the games at the bottom didn't really get much playtime. But this was my childhood right here, and I am thankful for the memories made with every single game on that list.

1. Favorite food?
  2. On a scale of 1-50, how excellent are you?
  3. Is poyzin any deadlier than poison?
1. Fettucini Alfredo

2. 42

3. Nah, just a bit flashier. Like a "wow! i've been poisoned (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧"

1. What Smash character matches your personality the most?
2. The horizon could use a little redecorating. Choose a pretty-looking planet in our solar system to substitute the moon, so that we'll be close enough to see it out in the sky during the day.
1. Piranha Plant (him? her?) itself. You can walk right by a pot with dirt in it and be like "oh, a pot with dirt in it", and walk out of the room. Suddenly, I emerge from the pot, and it's all like "woah!" but then the surprise fades and it's just me in a pot. So then we go back to our daily lives, I get out of the pot, the people around me are wondering why I'm covered head to toe in gardening soil, and I shrug and head home to take a shower. You feel?

2. Mercury is my answer. Just imagining a planet the size of Jupiter just looming above us is absolutely mortifying fine.

Which character is that in your avatar?
1. Ryuji from Persona 5. The scene from where I got this image is kind of spoiler-y though, so I won't link it here. (No, this image is not a spoiler. The background is though, but luckily cutting it out made my avatar more focused, so we're good.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Why did you pick Utopian poyzin as your username?

Favorite Moment in Persona 5?

Whats your favorite jingle/catch phrase for a snack food?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I am indebted to you with a life favor giraffelasergun giraffelasergun , for I did not get to your question when I had an AMA opened for me. I’ll go above and beyond here.

Why did you pick Utopian poyzin as your username?

Favorite Moment in Persona 5?

Whats your favorite jingle/catch phrase for a snack food?
1) Alright, this is a two part question. Back when I was younger than I am now, I used to be a heavy reader. I was into a lot of fantasy / science fiction stories, but I was always a huge fan of dystopian fiction novels. I had always been fascinated by the concept, so when it came time to create an account name for an online game or something, I would name myself Dystopia. However, this didn’t really fit me, as it sounded far too edgy in my opinion. So, I switched it up and named myself Utopia instead, because it has a much more positive tone and doesn’t make me seem repulsive.

On the flip side, I was also very interested in elements, specifically elementals. Maybe this interest came from the Pokemon types, because I would always wonder why there weren’t more elements in other games. Why wouldn’t there be an air land in MtG? (Maybe there are now). Why isn’t there any ice types in Skylanders? (Maybe there is now; I only played the first two). I created this one game called Orb Finder where you would have to run around the playground finding rocks with different colors that simulated different elements, such as fire powers, ice powers, earth powers, etc. Of course poison ended up being the most intriguing for me, because “rock” was kinda lame. I really wasn’t that violent, and I’ve always had a much more passive personality. Don’t get the wrong idea from all of this “dystopia” and “poison” business, I’m sure there are people who can relate in some way.

Anyway, utopian and poison would end up becoming some sort of keywords for me. I played a lot of online games and I would create a username that was based off 1-2 of my keywords. Some of my other keywords were “molten”, “silver”, and “marine” to go along with “utopia” and “poison”. I just decided for Smashboards I’d combine utopian and poison, as it would be a bit of an oxymoron out of my keywords, as opposed to DystopianPoyzin and MoltenPoyzin, which both double down on the same emotions. UtopianPoyzin lingually contradicts itself, as it conveys polar emotions in a sense, if you feel emotions towards usernames.

2)
My favorite moment from Persona 5 was definitely the moment that Life Will Change started playing in the Kamoshida Palace. I had a fueled basted for Kamoshida that no other video game had ever given me in my life, and the second that the song started playing, I instantly felt so self-satisfied with myself that I would be able to change Kamoshida’s life that it stuck with me for the rest of the game. While the future Palace owners objectively committed worse crimes than Kamoshida, he was the first, and also the most impactful for me because it was a massive flux in satisfaction for me, and the jump wasn’t as large for future palaces, and Futaba’s was definitely underwhelming for me because she wasn’t a bad person to begin with.

3) The snack that smiles back. Goldfish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom