• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Semi-Weekly AMA: Ultomato

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Ultomato

Beware! this AMA's subject hath fury (EDIT: RIP Alphadream, Wrote this before they went bye bye)! Give it up for Sandshrew and giraffe fanatic: Ultomato!

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Ultomato has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. We'll try to draw two names for two AMAs each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Anyways, let's bring it over to you, Ultomato Ultomato

I'll start:

1. What would you say was your most hype Smash reveal?
  2. What are your top 3 favorite movies?
  3. Is there any reason in particular you like Sandshrew so much?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
1. Is the hot dog a sandwich?
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
3. Do you prefer hot weather or cold weather?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
  1. What is your favorite game released this year so far?
  2. What would your perfect dinner meal look like?
  3. Most anticipated game right now?

D

Deleted member

1) How'd you come up with the name Ultomato?
2) Favorite thing to do on Halloween?
3) Favorite Mario RPG game?

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

Ultomato

Beware! this AMA's subject hath fury (EDIT: RIP Alphadream, Wrote this before they went bye bye)! Give it up for Sandshrew and giraffe fanatic: Ultomato!

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Ultomato has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. We'll try to draw two names for two AMAs each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Anyways, let's bring it over to you, Ultomato Ultomato

I'll start:

1. What would you say was your most hype Smash reveal?
  2. What are your top 3 favorite movies?
  3. Is there any reason in particular you like Sandshrew so much?
1. My personal most hype smash reveal... That's a very difficult question. The one character I was literally screaming for when they got announced was Dark Samus but that wasn't much of a trailer. The hypest trailer was def Megamans. Never really had a connection to the character, Just a really cool trailer.

2. In no particular order: Wall-E, The Pianist and Grand Budapest Hotel

3. I always thought Pangolins were adorable. Then I saw Shrewsters gen1 sprite, the old black and white one and I fell in live with it.

1. Is the hot dog a sandwich?
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
3. Do you prefer hot weather or cold weather?
1. It's in a bun, not between slices of bread, so I refuse to refer to it as a sandwich!

2. Japan is still pretty high on my bucket list (what a surprise, Im a nerd). They have the best mix of beautiful nature and fascinating culture.

3. My skin burns extremely easily but I love swimming, so I enjoy the Heat more, for like a day. The coldth, with snowball fights and hot Chocolate, I can enjoy for months.

1. What is your favorite game released this year so far?
  2. What would your perfect dinner meal look like?
  3. Most anticipated game right now?
1. So far... Probably Three Houses? Although I haven't played Astral Chain yet.

2. Hmmmm...... That's a very difficult tie between a Greek grill dish (have you ever had pig stuffed with feta it's so gooood) and my fathers Dutch-Surinam casseroles with Potatos, mango, tjau min and Madame Jeanette peppers

3. Metroid Prime 4. I literally jumped out of my chair and screamed both when it was announced and when it got delayed. I need that game!

1) How'd you come up with the name Ultomato?
2) Favorite thing to do on Halloween?
3) Favorite Mario RPG game?
1. I was 7 and was eating a tomato while playing some flash game (I think it was Vic the Vitamin Monster?) and it asked me to enter a nickname. Been using that online for a while. More recent names have usually been either Sandshrew related or Giraffe related.

2. I don't celebrate Halloween. It's not really that big in the Netherlands, outside of being An excuse for people to throw themed parties. So... Stay in and play video games? I hate it that everything has fake blood or bugs on it, twists my stomach.

3. Right after Alphadream went under huh... Well of course the one where the Fury of the great Fawful truly shined! Bowsers Inside Story was a masterpiece!
(Wanted to insert a gif of Fawful laughing here but my phone is acting up so just Imagine it)

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
1. Have you thanked Mr. Skeltal?
2. You are tasked with creating an animated series. What’s the plot?
3. Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi?

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
1. Have you thanked Mr. Skeltal?
2. You are tasked with creating an animated series. What’s the plot?
3. Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi?
1. I have not, for I am not a fan of Halloween.

2. It'd probably be about a dude travelling different universes with different "genres" (fantasy, sci-fi, Magical animals, western, super Heroes, etc.) Raising a team to fight "An ancient evil". So the first season is a bit of a lighthearted action adventure thing shifting subjects each episode. Only throughout the series the perspective slowly shifts from the dude to one of the other teammembers as they find out this "ancient evil" was a powerful political figure in the multiversial council who killed his wife, for which he has no prove, so now hes on the run from the council and essentially a criminal himself and the second season would be mainly the internal conflict within the team and..... Damn I thought about this too much already, I should start writing stuff.

3. Easily M&L, mostly because of my Furious overlord... R.I.P. to Alphadream, again.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What are the differences between a Tomato and an Ultomato?

What is your Final Fantasy of choice?

A cosmic god has kidnapped you. She will kill everyone you love unless you agree to permanently switch bodies with someone else which absolutely no connections to your old life. Do you agree? And if so, who do you pick?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
1. What's your biggest regret in life?

2. Do you think certain video games should be considered art?

3. What's the wecommended amount of dedotated wam I should have to a survr?

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
What are the differences between a Tomato and an Ultomato?

What is your Final Fantasy of choice?

A cosmic god has kidnapped you. She will kill everyone you love unless you agree to permanently switch bodies with someone else which absolutely no connections to your old life. Do you agree? And if so, who do you pick?
An Ultomato is much more stylish than a tomato. We were grown in a special greenhouse with Jazz playing constantly to invoke great taste.

I never played any Final fantasies but watched several letsplays. My favourite was of FF14, but I think the quality of the letsplay is counterproportionate to the quality of the game.

I Will not answer this question for personal reasons.

The typical one;

1. Have you played Quest 64?
No I havent. If I have to believe Rabbit Luigi, it's pretty bad.

1. What's your biggest regret in life?

2. Do you think certain video games should be considered art?

3. What's the wecommended amount of dedotated wam I should have to a survr?
1. So far... Probably claiming that Awkward messege I sent to my previous crush last year was sent while I was "drunk" so I could avoid further conversation, even though I was sober and Just nervous.

2. Why wouldn't they be?

3. ?????

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No I havent. If I have to believe Rabbit Luigi, it's pretty bad.
I never saw the review, but the game is simply "mediocre" but has tons of its own unique charm. It has a unique battle system that overall uses the N64 controller is a good way. The C-Buttons all adhere to the battle menu for magic. It otherwise makes use of everything but the D-Pad(which may not be a good thing as the controller is kind of eh). The story is definitely a bad point for it, same with characterization. Graphics-wise, it's got tons of unique models(only the enemies and items actually reuse colors/animations for the most part, while there's over 200 unique NPC designs). It also has pretty good music for Midis, all Celtic befitting it takes places in Celtland. It has a lot of European influences(which is part of why it can be a very charming game).

The game isn't really bad, persay, but that's only if you're expecting it to be Final Fantasy. It's not. It's more like Dragon Quest 1 in 3D, but with slightly more story overall, a better inventory system(slightly), yet lack of money and new equipment(your spells do cover just about all you'd need equipment for. Raising your agility/areas you can walk in battle, increasing your defense, offense, or doing the same to enemies. And healing too is kind of balanced out). The two problematic balancing factors, respectively, is that there's no dungeon maps at all, so they can get confusing(Blue Cave being the worst and longest dungeon in the game with a game-breaking glitch), and that enemies were balanced poorly. The game was rushed, which explains the bad enemy balance. Many are still fine, but a lot of enemies tend to have a ridiculously strong member. On the other hand, this could be partially Fireball being too strong in the hands of the enemy, which is the spell that is overpowered every time you come across an enemy using it. The other spell, which has weak output when you use it, is called Walking Water(which is basically a wave of water heading towards you, more or less), which hits like a truck. Everything else, even strong, matches how well you use it, so those are the unbalanced spells for whatever reason.

I'd recommend seeing a proper playthrough, and trying it via rental or emulator first. Reviews oftentimes don't really go over its good points to a degree. While IMO, I'd say the game is a 3/10, under average, it's worth noting that the score isn't as important as the details in the review overall.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I never saw the review, but the game is simply "mediocre" but has tons of its own unique charm. It has a unique battle system that overall uses the N64 controller is a good way. The C-Buttons all adhere to the battle menu for magic. It otherwise makes use of everything but the D-Pad(which may not be a good thing as the controller is kind of eh). The story is definitely a bad point for it, same with characterization. Graphics-wise, it's got tons of unique models(only the enemies and items actually reuse colors/animations for the most part, while there's over 200 unique NPC designs). It also has pretty good music for Midis, all Celtic befitting it takes places in Celtland. It has a lot of European influences(which is part of why it can be a very charming game).

The game isn't really bad, persay, but that's only if you're expecting it to be Final Fantasy. It's not. It's more like Dragon Quest 1 in 3D, but with slightly more story overall, a better inventory system(slightly), yet lack of money and new equipment(your spells do cover just about all you'd need equipment for. Raising your agility/areas you can walk in battle, increasing your defense, offense, or doing the same to enemies. And healing too is kind of balanced out). The two problematic balancing factors, respectively, is that there's no dungeon maps at all, so they can get confusing(Blue Cave being the worst and longest dungeon in the game with a game-breaking glitch), and that enemies were balanced poorly. The game was rushed, which explains the bad enemy balance. Many are still fine, but a lot of enemies tend to have a ridiculously strong member. On the other hand, this could be partially Fireball being too strong in the hands of the enemy, which is the spell that is overpowered every time you come across an enemy using it. The other spell, which has weak output when you use it, is called Walking Water(which is basically a wave of water heading towards you, more or less), which hits like a truck. Everything else, even strong, matches how well you use it, so those are the unbalanced spells for whatever reason.

I'd recommend seeing a proper playthrough, and trying it via rental or emulator first. Reviews oftentimes don't really go over its good points to a degree. While IMO, I'd say the game is a 3/10, under average, it's worth noting that the score isn't as important as the details in the review overall.
It wasnt in a review, it was a top 5 worst rpg's and the man is very thorough about his stuff.

But it seems interesting enough to check it out sometime. As a European, the phrase "It has many European influences" seems weird to me though. We have 50 countries and each Country houses many different cultures. Did you mean Celtic influences?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It wasnt in a review, it was a top 5 worst rpg's and the man is very thorough about his stuff.

But it seems interesting enough to check it out sometime. As a European, the phrase "It has many European influences" seems weird to me though. We have 50 countries and each Country houses many different cultures. Did you mean Celtic influences?
No, it's not just Celtic. A lot of makeshift paintings are displayed in rooms outside of Celtic stuff. The only things majorly Celtic is the music. It has a Scottish name for a location(Isle of Skye), Brannoch, based upon an Irish town name, the name Brian, an Irish name(also one fit for royalty), Nepty and Zelse, which are a corruption of Greek names being Neptune and Zeus(both being based upon related elements. Zelse actually I found out later on due how they share basically electrical based ability and near identical names). The Red Rose Knight comes from the Arturian Legends, and the Rose Knights are loosely based upon the Order of the White Rose as well(sharing near identical shield designs, and very similar armor too), and finally the Wyverns are based upon the specific British descriptions. Well, there's also how the final area seems to be loosely based upon Christianity, which did originate in the UK too, but that's due to the beta version using it as the original story, so that makes sense. It's very loose in some ways, like how a Spriggan fits in. The other 3 monsters make sense(Pinhead is the Dragon, Pale Rider is named after the Pale Horse, probably influenced by the movie of the same name for its exact name origin, and Judgment is a literal statue of Hades, whom follows Death, whom sits on the Pale Horse, during battle. There's also the Sea of Blood, and some other small stuff, but the rest would be way more spoilery). There's also a Viking-based Pirate and his group, so that's worth noting too.

That's what I mean by multiple UK references. Celtic is supposed to be the "main one", but it's surprisingly not too often in usage. Celtland, and the music, mostly. it doesn't help that Celtic stuff is mostly just a mixture of other cultures anyway. Scottish and Irish. Hence two stand outs at most I mentioned. There is probably way more I haven't figured out, though.

To note the top 5 worst rpg's, did he at least go over Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage? It was a neat game, but a big disaster in the opposite way. Everything that Quest did right(good battle system, good music, acceptable graphics for its time,, but bad story and characterization) Aidyn Chronicles did wrong(while it got characterization and story right, it had a very lackluster battle system, terrible music, horrible graphics, and even worse regular gameplay overall. The revival item didn't work right. The gameplay physics were really really bad at times. You could walk off a cliff like you had walk-through-walls on). I'll give credit for them trying to reinvent DnD in a 3D game proper, but it was really unpolished in terms of balance. A game with terrible gameplay(Quest really doesn't have this factor) is very hard to salvage. One that simply had a meh story/characterization is still salvageable because people can play through the game anyway. It might not end up being their most liked, but it's easier to sing praises to a game you can finish. It's the core reason why Quest did get positive feedback overall. Also, Aidyn Chronicles has an extremely bad set of enemies that can easily kill you early in the game. Quest isn't perfect with enemy balance(due to them pushing the game to be out too soon) by any means, but you cannot game over even then and you most likely won't have to travel far to get back where you were, at least near the start.

The one thing I've noticed among both games is that if you aren't given a bit more clear instructions, the battle system can confuse you anyway. Both are very flawed(one is just unique) overall. The biggest issue with Quest's is that if you escape a battle, you aren't kept in the same direction you started in, which is why it's easy to get lost. This is pretty much the biggest downside to it taking place on the literal overworld instead of a transition, and worth keeping in mind. Understandably, this can turn people away from the game and I don't blame them. If you don't have a map of the dungeon, getting lost is easy. I've played the game for 20 years straight, and I can still get lost due to this factor alone. I recommend watching a LP or emulation, though, if you don't have a 64. Game is probably going to be in the 15 or lower range these days otherwise. Oh, I should note two related questions more clearly;

1. What region are you in, assuming your 64 only plays that region's games.
2. I did say up above as is, but I'll ask it differently; what was the list of those bad rpg's anyway?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
1. What's your dream job and are you currently making steps towards it?

2. What's your preferred music genre and your favorite song from it?

3. Do you believe in Bigfoot?

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
No, it's not just Celtic. A lot of makeshift paintings are displayed in rooms outside of Celtic stuff. The only things majorly Celtic is the music. It has a Scottish name for a location(Isle of Skye), Brannoch, based upon an Irish town name, the name Brian, an Irish name(also one fit for royalty), Nepty and Zelse, which are a corruption of Greek names being Neptune and Zeus(both being based upon related elements. Zelse actually I found out later on due how they share basically electrical based ability and near identical names). The Red Rose Knight comes from the Arturian Legends, and the Rose Knights are loosely based upon the Order of the White Rose as well(sharing near identical shield designs, and very similar armor too), and finally the Wyverns are based upon the specific British descriptions. Well, there's also how the final area seems to be loosely based upon Christianity, which did originate in the UK too, but that's due to the beta version using it as the original story, so that makes sense. It's very loose in some ways, like how a Spriggan fits in. The other 3 monsters make sense(Pinhead is the Dragon, Pale Rider is named after the Pale Horse, probably influenced by the movie of the same name for its exact name origin, and Judgment is a literal statue of Hades, whom follows Death, whom sits on the Pale Horse, during battle. There's also the Sea of Blood, and some other small stuff, but the rest would be way more spoilery). There's also a Viking-based Pirate and his group, so that's worth noting too.

That's what I mean by multiple UK references. Celtic is supposed to be the "main one", but it's surprisingly not too often in usage. Celtland, and the music, mostly. it doesn't help that Celtic stuff is mostly just a mixture of other cultures anyway. Scottish and Irish. Hence two stand outs at most I mentioned. There is probably way more I haven't figured out, though.

To note the top 5 worst rpg's, did he at least go over Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage? It was a neat game, but a big disaster in the opposite way. Everything that Quest did right(good battle system, good music, acceptable graphics for its time,, but bad story and characterization) Aidyn Chronicles did wrong(while it got characterization and story right, it had a very lackluster battle system, terrible music, horrible graphics, and even worse regular gameplay overall. The revival item didn't work right. The gameplay physics were really really bad at times. You could walk off a cliff like you had walk-through-walls on). I'll give credit for them trying to reinvent DnD in a 3D game proper, but it was really unpolished in terms of balance. A game with terrible gameplay(Quest really doesn't have this factor) is very hard to salvage. One that simply had a meh story/characterization is still salvageable because people can play through the game anyway. It might not end up being their most liked, but it's easier to sing praises to a game you can finish. It's the core reason why Quest did get positive feedback overall. Also, Aidyn Chronicles has an extremely bad set of enemies that can easily kill you early in the game. Quest isn't perfect with enemy balance(due to them pushing the game to be out too soon) by any means, but you cannot game over even then and you most likely won't have to travel far to get back where you were, at least near the start.

The one thing I've noticed among both games is that if you aren't given a bit more clear instructions, the battle system can confuse you anyway. Both are very flawed(one is just unique) overall. The biggest issue with Quest's is that if you escape a battle, you aren't kept in the same direction you started in, which is why it's easy to get lost. This is pretty much the biggest downside to it taking place on the literal overworld instead of a transition, and worth keeping in mind. Understandably, this can turn people away from the game and I don't blame them. If you don't have a map of the dungeon, getting lost is easy. I've played the game for 20 years straight, and I can still get lost due to this factor alone. I recommend watching a LP or emulation, though, if you don't have a 64. Game is probably going to be in the 15 or lower range these days otherwise. Oh, I should note two related questions more clearly;

1. What region are you in, assuming your 64 only plays that region's games.
2. I did say up above as is, but I'll ask it differently; what was the list of those bad rpg's anyway?
I had a long thought out response but my internet screwed and it's gone so here are the Bullet points:
- what you say is very interesting.
- you seem to confuse UK and EU a lot.
- Christianity did not start in the UK.

1. Europe, but I have no N64
2. https://youtu.be/-xZyU8zatqU

1. What's your dream job and are you currently making steps towards it?

2. What's your preferred music genre and your favorite song from it?

3. Do you believe in Bigfoot?
1. If all goes well I finish my university bachelors degree in Chemistry this year, spend the next 2 years getting my Masters and then work in a lab developing... Something usefull. Probably gonna specialise in Energy & Sustainability because it has really interesting underlying chemical processes. Im the type of Guy who might Just save the environment, not because I care about the environment but because I love Chemistry.

2. I am a Jazz person and my current favourite is Cassini by Bill Laurence, which I recomend because it's not a type of jazz people tend to even know and it's beautiful.

3. Looks at my EU size 47 feet... Lmao yeah

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I had a long thought out response but my internet screwed and it's gone so here are the Bullet points:
- what you say is very interesting.
- you seem to confuse UK and EU a lot.
- Christianity did not start in the UK.
My bad. I have used them interchangeably as the same "region" for a long time. Europe would be the overall set of areas, where UK is a more confined area, right? Like the US in general consists of South America, North America, and Canada, where USA is another way to say North America at this point. Or I might be still misunderstanding, so please correct my errors on that. :)

1. Europe, but I have no N64
2. https://youtu.be/-xZyU8zatqU
I'll watch and put my thoughts down later. I can say for sure that ProJared actually said some incorrect things in his review, and even I've made mistakes about the game. Also, since you're in the UK, the n64 game version you're looking for is called Holy Magic Century. It's either French, German, or English basically. There is no tangible differences besides languages, so whichever one you're most fluent in is probably the best to get or find via emulation. I myself have played every single Quest game(all 10), and own all but 2 of those.

(Note that I'll edit in my thoughts, but seeing as how he thinks Turn-Based is a hard-coded requirement for a JRPG, which isn't actually true, it looks like his criteria is a lot more subjective than simply showing some flaws alone).

Well, quick edit time; I am not seeing any real mistakes up to the sixth part thusfar. However, Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage, easily is a worse game in practice. It has some cool ideas, but the gameplay is horrendously awful(never mind it somehow sounds and looks worse than Quest 64, which admittedly doesn't have high quality music or graphics overall due to being rushed and midis) overall. That said, he didn't make any mistakes. Those are legitimate flaws with Quest that are undeniable. He didn't really delve in far enough to explain other issues that actually can make the game problematic. Despite having a ton of charm in its own right, and a very good battle system for what it's supposed to do, it doesn't mention that battles are very very often and repetitive(it slightly implies that), nor does it explain the bad item system(which is a lack of money and it actually doesn't let you divide items up). The final thing is no maps, which makes dungeons very long and some even look very same-y. Obviously this makes it sound kind of bad too, but I felt like the overview the user did is very lacking overall and could've at least noted more factors. That said, it's very evident the user is looking for extremely specific things to begin with anyway. Story and Characterization are two main things that often are noted, same with gameplay balance sometimes. Music sometimes comes to mind, as shown with Sonic Chronicles.

Other than that, I'd say Sticker Star is being oversaid on how bad it is. It's not actually a bad game. It's just not the game people were looking for. It's decent. It does its job overall in a unique way, but is very shallow(but not to the point the game is virtually unplayable or completely poor). It's obviously flawed. I also don't plan to talk about the Neptunia issues as is, cause that feels like a bad debate waiting to happen.

Overall, I'd say I've seen better overviews of games. I also agree with one of the comments that the name would feel more accurate to say these games are generally underwhelming instead of outright terrible.

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
My bad. I have used them interchangeably as the same "region" for a long time. Europe would be the overall set of areas, where UK is a more confined area, right? Like the US in general consists of South America, North America, and Canada, where USA is another way to say North America at this point. Or I might be still misunderstanding, so please correct my errors on that. :)

I'll watch and put my thoughts down later. I can say for sure that ProJared actually said some incorrect things in his review, and even I've made mistakes about the game. Also, since you're in the UK, the n64 game version you're looking for is called Holy Magic Century. It's either French, German, or English basically. There is no tangible differences besides languages, so whichever one you're most fluent in is probably the best to get or find via emulation. I myself have played every single Quest game(all 10), and own all but 2 of those.

(Note that I'll edit in my thoughts, but seeing as how he thinks Turn-Based is a hard-coded requirement for a JRPG, which isn't actually true, it looks like his criteria is a lot more subjective than simply showing some flaws alone).

Well, quick edit time; I am not seeing any real mistakes up to the sixth part thusfar. However, Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage, easily is a worse game in practice. It has some cool ideas, but the gameplay is horrendously awful(never mind it somehow sounds and looks worse than Quest 64, which admittedly doesn't have high quality music or graphics overall due to being rushed and midis) overall. That said, he didn't make any mistakes. Those are legitimate flaws with Quest that are undeniable. He didn't really delve in far enough to explain other issues that actually can make the game problematic. Despite having a ton of charm in its own right, and a very good battle system for what it's supposed to do, it doesn't mention that battles are very very often and repetitive(it slightly implies that), nor does it explain the bad item system(which is a lack of money and it actually doesn't let you divide items up). The final thing is no maps, which makes dungeons very long and some even look very same-y. Obviously this makes it sound kind of bad too, but I felt like the overview the user did is very lacking overall and could've at least noted more factors. That said, it's very evident the user is looking for extremely specific things to begin with anyway. Story and Characterization are two main things that often are noted, same with gameplay balance sometimes. Music sometimes comes to mind, as shown with Sonic Chronicles.

Other than that, I'd say Sticker Star is being oversaid on how bad it is. It's not actually a bad game. It's just not the game people were looking for. It's decent. It does its job overall in a unique way, but is very shallow(but not to the point the game is virtually unplayable or completely poor). It's obviously flawed. I also don't plan to talk about the Neptunia issues as is, cause that feels like a bad debate waiting to happen.

Overall, I'd say I've seen better overviews of games. I also agree with one of the comments that the name would feel more accurate to say these games are generally underwhelming instead of outright terrible.
Europe is a continent, UK is one of the many many Countries in that continent.

I'll Read the rest later cause im in a semi hurry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom