• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Semi-Weekly AMA: Strong Badam

Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Strong Badam

This AMA's subject is a recently promoted super moderator and all around good guy: Strong Badam.

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Strong Badam has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs or wish to be added, refer to this post over in the Social thread.

Whenever you're ready, Strong Badam Strong Badam .

Here's mine:
  1. How do you manage to type with boxing gloves on?
  2. Have you played Violent Ken in Ultra SF2 yet? And if not, why do you pretend to be a real Ken fan?
  3. Waffles or pancakes?

D

Deleted member

1. Would you give Ken a bro hug?

2. Best Pokemon?

3. You have to make a video game themed food. What would it be?

D

Deleted member

Why are you Bad?
Most-wanted Smash DLC Character?
Team Grookey, Team Scorbunny, or Team Sobble?

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
1. What was your favorite video on "homestarrunner.net it's dot com?"

2. Whats your favorite television series / movie?

3. Whats your favorite dog breed?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Here's mine:
  1. How do you manage to type with boxing gloves on?
  2. Have you played Violent Ken in Ultra SF2 yet? And if not, why do you pretend to be a real Ken fan?
  3. Waffles or pancakes?
1. Very carefully.
2. I messed around with him, yeah. I mostly like Ken for his 3rd Strike appearance (mechanically/gameplay). He's arguably the 2nd or 3rd best character, so he's pretty dope.
3. Waffles! They're so much better for storing syrup. The lil pockets are perfect.

1. Would you give Ken a bro hug?

2. Best Pokemon?

3. You have to make a video game themed food. What would it be?
1. I'm more into fist bumps myself.
fist bump.gif

2. Gengar!

3. Oh this can go so many ways! A personal favorite is the Slop of Compromise from Runescape.
Why are you Bad?
Most-wanted Smash DLC Character?
Team Grookey, Team Scorbunny, or Team Sobble?
1. I'm not! I'm good, I swear! :mad:
2. Banjo-Kazooie!
3. Probbo Sobble at the moment.
  1. What is your Final Fantasy of choice?
  2. Do you still play Poker with The Heavy, Max, and Tycho?
  3. What are you most excited to see at E3?
1. I've never finished one, don't think I have an answer for ya.
2. Every now and then. They owe me money, though :urg:
3. Square Enix/CrystalDynamics The Avengers project.
1. What was your favorite video on "homestarrunner.net it's dot com?"

2. Whats your favorite television series / movie?

3. Whats your favorite dog breed?
1. This is soo tough LOL. Fisheye Lens, "Dragon," "Techno," "Japanese Cartoon," "Virus," all super good.
2. Avatar: The Last Airbender and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood for shows. The Dark Knight for movies.
3. Corgis!
1. Dogs or cats?
2. What was the most hype Smash reveal for you?
3. Yes or no?
1. I'd never own either, but I like them both about the same. They are very different but great.
2. Either Sonic (I was super into Sonic games at that time, when I was younger. Was part of a lot of online fansites for Sonic) or Ken Masters (self explanatory).
3. Yes.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
1. What's a good home recipe you have that you would be willing to share?
2. Favorite flavor of ice cream?
3. Favorite event you've ever been to?

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
1. Gameboy favorite game, if you played any?
2. How do you feel as a moderator? I've always wanted to ask this, but not sure if it's awkward......
3. Boys or girls?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Since I know you've heard of 'em, favorite Two-Mix song?

Ketchup or mayo?

Should I stick with the bomb avatar I have now or
azura_pokemon.png

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
1. How much weight can you lift?

2. Are you a bad enough dude to save the president?

3. Mandatory question of have you played Quest 64?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
1. What's a good home recipe you have that you would be willing to share?
2. Favorite flavor of ice cream?
3. Favorite event you've ever been to?
1. A chef I am not. There's a very small handful of recipes I ever make. This recipe for dipping sauce is something I've done a number of times though.
2. Some of my favorites are strawberry cheesecake, mudslide, and java chip.
3. Hard to say, some of my best experiences were at events I performed poorly. And usually at the ones that I placed well at (like SKTAR 3, FinalBOSS, Low Tier City 1) I ended up having plenty of anxiety from competing. Ignoring Game Developer's Conference which I go to every year since I work in the industry, Super Smash Con is usually a blast.
1. Gameboy favorite game, if you played any?
2. How do you feel as a moderator? I've always wanted to ask this, but not sure if it's awkward......
3. Boys or girls?
1. Pokemon Red/Blue is probably gonna be it haha.
2. The way I've viewed it has changed with time. The main thing is, it's a position where I feel I can have a positive impact on the site, be it with negotiating policy/improvements with the rest of the staff or moderating users who are being unpleasant to others. This site means a lot to me because I came to it in my formative years (and was/is home to the discussion forum of a game I helped make for several years), so I treat it very seriously.
3. Whaddya mean? I have many friends of all of the multiple genders!
Since I know you've heard of 'em, favorite Two-Mix song?

Ketchup or mayo?

Should I stick with the bomb avatar I have now or
1. I only know their songs from Detective Conan haha! OP 5: TRUTH!
2. They're both good in different contexts. Ketchup is great for dipping or to put on a burger/hot dog, mayo is great for deli sandwiches and the like.
3. That's a pretty rad avatar, but I'm not really the one to ask. I tend to keep the same avatar for years at a time when I can!
Can you replicate EVO moment 37?
Yup, I've done it in training mode multiple times. Haven't landed it on a person yet but one day I will! Fun fact: In the 2011 re-release of 3rd strike, one of the Parry trials is replicating Evo moment 37.
Here's a vid of me doing it:
https://streamable.com/unvpc
You'll have to just take my word that it's me ahaha.
1. How much weight can you lift?

2. Are you a bad enough dude to save the president?

3. Mandatory question of have you played Quest 64?
1. I'd be lucky to bench the bar, I'm quite out of shape.
2. Our current one? Nahhh
3. Nope!

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Which of our devious staff shack secrets is your favorite?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
3. What I meant to ask was like... Doesn't matter the gender, just tell me if you like males, or females more. Considering what each gender do, like appearance, personality, etc.
Sorry to disappoint but I've got no preference there! Even a list of my favorite fictional characters ends up being split pretty 50/50
Which characters do you main in all the fighting games you've played?
Haha I'll try to stick to ones I've played a good amount
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - Ken Masters (SURPRISE!), I can also play Chun Li just fine.
Street Fighter 4 Series - Started out with Akuma, switched over to Cammy around when Super came out in 2010. I went to a lot of tourneys for this game from 2012-2015.
Guilty Gear series - Jam
MvC2 - Cable/Cyclops/Gambit
King of Fighters series: Iori Yagami, I could play Benimaru/Athena in the games where you have to have 3 though.
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid - Goldar/MMPR Green/MMPR Red
Smash Melee - Started out maining Falcon as a casual, when I became competitive I switched to Donkey Kong. Later I started switching mains a lot throughout the top tier (Marth, Fox, Sheik). Later on I started maining Falco. I'd consider myself a Falco main atm and Sheik secondary but I haven't played seriously in many years.
Project M - Mained DK for a long time, picked up Mario Wario and Ike later, eventually dropped most of them for Wario, picked up MK later. Wario > Meta Knight > Falco/Ike in terms of my skill I think. Ike is hard!
Smash Wii U - Diddy Kong
Smash Ultimate - Chrom
Which of our devious staff shack secrets is your favorite?
There's a thread you can't see (Super Mods only) where we make fun of staindgrey all the time. That's my favorite. :088:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
1.I am a heron. i haev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pansi am a heron.2.I am a heron. i haev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pansi am a heron.3.I am a heron. i haev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pansi am a heron.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
1. What kind of job do you have?
3. Turn-based RPG or pure Action rpg?
1. I make video games, specifically I am responsible for designing combat in various titles.
3. These scratch different itches imo. If I'm just trying to chill out, a turn-based one is great. One of my favorites is Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. The Action/Stylish system usually in these makes me want to pay attention even in a turn-based one. I avoid grindy ones since I don't want to spend hundreds of hours on a single game. Action RPGs are also dope but I haven't spent a ton of time on any of them. I generally go for more physical combat in games (DMC, God of War, Bayonetta) than what action RPGs tend to have, or games whose combat are primarily long-ranged (such as Uncharted).
1.I am a heron. i haev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pansi am a heron.2.I am a heron. i haev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pansi am a heron.3.I am a heron. i haev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pansi am a heron.
I am a heron. i haev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pansi am a heron.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
1. I make video games, specifically I am responsible for designing combat in various titles.
3. These scratch different itches imo. If I'm just trying to chill out, a turn-based one is great. One of my favorites is Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. The Action/Stylish system usually in these makes me want to pay attention even in a turn-based one. I avoid grindy ones since I don't want to spend hundreds of hours on a single game. Action RPGs are also dope but I haven't spent a ton of time on any of them. I generally go for more physical combat in games (DMC, God of War, Bayonetta) than what action RPGs tend to have, or games whose combat are primarily long-ranged (such as Uncharted).

I am a heron. i haev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pansi am a heron.
Strong Bad, I asked you THREE questions, why can't you answer them oml

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Oh, well that's pretty simple. It's because i am a heron. i haev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak.
Ohhhhhh, I gotcha. Thanks for the clarification, I couldn't comprehend at first, but now all of our miscommunication has been cleared up, and I completely understand, what you mean. I can totally relate to that. Cheers!

D

Deleted member

1. Will there be a version of Strong Bad Game for Unatractive people? I kinda want to play it but I'm not attractive enough.

2. What's a game/franchise you haven't tried but wanna try.

3. If a train departs from station A to station B at 100 miles per hour and a train departs from station B to station A with the same speed and at the same time, who is the evil mastermind behind this crash?

osby

Smash Obsessed
  1. Songbirds. Thoughts?
  2. What do you think about most when you look at sunsets?
  3. Does Ken knows I love him?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
1. Will there be a version of Strong Bad Game for Unatractive people? I kinda want to play it but I'm not attractive enough.

2. What's a game/franchise you haven't tried but wanna try.

3. If a train departs from station A to station B at 100 miles per hour and a train departs from station B to station A with the same speed and at the same time, who is the evil mastermind behind this crash?
1. You're one of the most attractive people on the website. Quick, buy it before it goes away forever due to the Telltale stuff! (it may be too late already tho)
2. I've very recently tried some of the ones that were on this list (Bayonetta, Devil May Cry, Undertale, Hollow Knight). I'd say I wanna play Horizon: Zero Dawn (already own it, lol) and The Last of Us quite a bit!
3. I blame Xiivi for this.
  1. Songbirds. Thoughts?
  2. What do you think about most when you look at sunsets?
  3. Does Ken knows I love him?
1. I have no thoughts!
2. Usually warmth and some existentialism. Some wondrous moments caused by nature remind me that we all exist, and that's wild. It is incredible to be.
3. I can let him know!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Is that all of the questions you have for me? You've but two more days to ask the almighty Strong Bad, Sultan of Strength, anything! You only get this opportunity once every 200 years, so you'd best make the most of it!

:088:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
1. Fire or Water?
2. Earth or Wind?
3. Light or Dark?

(Yes, I've run out of ideas)
1. Fire
2. Wind
3. Dark
1. How was Tomafia?
2. How is the Back Rooms i.e. being a Grimer?
3. What has been your most memorable experience while being a mod?
1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCOklLxj7D8
2. It's probably my favorite spot on the site, and I may have left the site in 2016 if it didn't exist. Recently added a crew of cool cats to it and it's been a bit more lively lately. Hoping to have a round of applications later on in the year to get some new blood, too.
3. Probably making Shaqboards happen in 2015. I'm working on some stuff atm that aren't for public knowledge right now that I'm pretty proud of too. I'm unsure if they will be "memorable" but I'm sure they will have a positive impact on the site and its users.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1) How can you type with boxing gloves?
2) What are you doing/were you doing before the E3 Ninty Direct?
3) is this real life or is this just fantasy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom