• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Semi-Weekly AMA: Striga

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
1565716140306.png

Striga

This AMA's subject is the winner of Smashboards' first (and only) most intimidating profile picture award: Striga Striga !

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Striga has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message.

To start us off:
  1. What are you playing at the moment?
  2. You can add an Echo Fighter to one existing Smash character. Who do you add, and why?
  3. Your most-wanted character gets in, but at the cost of two existing fighters (including their echoes). Do you do it? If so, who's headed for the chopping block?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
  1. What is your Final Fantasy of choice?
  2. If you could swap lives with any video game character ever, who would you pick?
  3. You are now a frog. What is your course of action for the aftermath?

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
Hey Striga:

1) What Smash Bros Ultimate song would you blast over a High School PA system on a random school day?
2) Which 2 Smash Ultimate fighters would you go on a cross-country road trip with?
3) Which franchise already included in Smash Bros do you feel would work best as a Pixar animated feature, and why?

Striga

Smash Journeyman
This should be fun. Sorry if I am late!
  1. What are you playing at the moment?
  2. You can add an Echo Fighter to one existing Smash character. Who do you add, and why?
  3. Your most-wanted character gets in, but at the cost of two existing fighters (including their echoes). Do you do it? If so, who's headed for the chopping block?
1. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
2. Raiden from Metal Gear Solid as a Snake Echo. Because I'm a huge Metal Gear fanboy, and Raiden being a Snake echo makes sense giving MGS2's story. Though, his final smash would easily be him slicing his opponents Rising style.
3. I get Doomguy by cutting Robin and Corrin? Yes please.
  1. What is your Final Fantasy of choice?
  2. If you could swap lives with any video game character ever, who would you pick?
  3. You are now a frog. What is your course of action for the aftermath?
1. Er, I don't actually have that much experiance with Final Fantasy, only playing 4. So, I guess thats my pick lol.
2. Hmmmm, tough choice. I think I'd choose Samus or Link. Either one of those.
3. Find the princess that can undo this situation.
Hey Striga:

1) What Smash Bros Ultimate song would you blast over a High School PA system on a random school day?
2) Which 2 Smash Ultimate fighters would you go on a cross-country road trip with?
3) Which franchise already included in Smash Bros do you feel would work best as a Pixar animated feature, and why?
1. The Brinstar Depths remix.
2. Again, tough choice, but I will say Samus and Link. (I'm a huge Metroid and Legend of Zelda fan if it wasnt obvious.)
3. Mario. Pokemon already has a movie, and Earthbound is way too dark for Pixar lol. Mario I feel would be right at home in the hands of Pixar.
1. Cats or dogs?
2. What are your top 3 favorite films?
3. Yes or no?
1. Dogs. Not even a contest.
2. Ah, man. If I had to be absolutely sure, it would Blade Runner, Alien, and The Dark Knight.
3. Wat?

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
1. A man drags you to an alleyway and puts a pill on your hands and then runs away, what do you do?
2. What's your biggest wish for BoTW 2?
3. What's your favorite newcomer reveal?

Striga

Smash Journeyman
1. A man drags you to an alleyway and puts a pill on your hands and then runs away, what do you do?
2. What's your biggest wish for BoTW 2?
3. What's your favorite newcomer reveal?
1. Uh...Drop it????
2. For it to retain it everything that made BoTW amazing while expanded it's scope even farther. I'd also like the durability system to be tweaked for weapons to be stronger.
3. Really close tie between Ridley's reveal and The Belmonts reveal. Ridley was a dream of mine that came true after years, and Castlevania is a series I wanted in Smash for a long time. Amazingly, both happened.

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
1. Who would win link or link with stilts
2. What's your favorite genre of game outside of platform fighters
3.scale of one to ten how cool is the kool aid guy

Last edited:

Striga

Smash Journeyman
1. Who would win link or link with stilts
2. What's your favorite genre of game outside of platform fighters
3.scale of one to ten how cool is the kool aid guy
1. Link wins no matter what.
2. Metroidvannias, but Adventure games similar to Zelda and Action games like Bayonetta, Devil May Cry, and Ninja Gaiden are also fun.
3. *bursts through wall* "OH YEAAAAH!"

D

Deleted member

Whats a game/franchise you have never tried but wanna try?
Any amusing story as of late?
What are your favorite Zelda and Metroid games?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Howdy!

1. A shark will appear every time you enter a body of water, including the bath. How do you deal with that?
2. You are tasked with creating an animated series. What’s the plot?
3. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, or Big?

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Whats a game/franchise you have never tried but wanna try?
Any amusing story as of late?
What are your favorite Zelda and Metroid games?
1. Tales of. I'm interested in what it has to offer, but have never had the chance to play an entry from the series.
2. Eh, not really no.
3. My favorite Zelda titles are:
  • Breath of The Wild
  • A Link Between Worlds
  • Majora's Mask
  • Ocarina of Time
  • Skyward Sword
And my favorite Metroid titles are:
  • Prime
  • Super Metroid
  • Samus Returns
  • Fusion
  • Prime 2
Howdy!

1. A shark will appear every time you enter a body of water, including the bath. How do you deal with that?
2. You are tasked with creating an animated series. What’s the plot?
3. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, or Big?
1. Carry a rifle and a tank of fuel.
2. Oh boy. Had to bust out the keyboard for this one. So, this series would be called "Vigil One". Vigil One is a group of military soldiers working for a government agency by the name of Cathedral. Now what does Cathedral do? Cathedral investigates reports, sightings, and activities of the paranormal and extreterestrial-AKA they find and fight aliens, ghost, monsters, mutants, and many other kinds of supernatural entities.

It sounds bogus, and it would if they weren't real. But as the members of Vigil One will tell you, they are very real. From invading alien forces, to poweful psychic ghosts, to grotesque mutants, to even corrupt human forces of their own, Vigil One will have to rely on their traning, wits, and teamwork to survive the nightmarish encounters their in line of work. To give you an idea, think of this show like a fusion between The X-Files, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, and XCOM.
3. Neither.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Er, no. I don't even know what that is....
It's a basic rpg. Think Dragon Quest in 3D, but mostly the same game. (Obviously different enemies and other various differences, but you play in semi-real time, akin to Paper Mario to some degree. You can move in battle before an attack, for instance. It's also one of the few RPG's without money. For better or worse, it does make it interesting at least).

Moving on, what's your favorite element(s)? (I.E. Fire, Light, etc.)

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Have you played any Resident Evil games? If so, was it awesome?

You only get to watch one TV show for the rest of your life. Nothing else. What show is it?

Where'd you get your username?

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Have you played any Resident Evil games? If so, was it awesome?

You only get to watch one TV show for the rest of your life. Nothing else. What show is it?

Where'd you get your username?
1. I’ve played a good portion of the Resident Evil titles, and yes, for the most part almost all of them were awesome.
2. Samurai Jack. Best animated, well, anything!
3. I came up with. Tried to think of a name that would sound awesome, and Striga sounds exciting like that.

Top Bottom