• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Semi-Weekly AMA: Sari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1573408208660.png

Sari
This AMA's subject is the local SNK fanatic, Give it up for Sari.

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Sari has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. We'll try to draw two names for two AMAs each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alrighty, Sari Sari , you ready? Sari to keep you waiting.

I'll start:
  1. What were the thoughts rushing through your head once terry got announced?
  2. What are your top 3 favorite movies?
  3. R U OKAY?

D

Deleted member

If you were to pick a second character from SNK who would it be and why?
What's a game or franchise you never tried but want to try?
Waffles or Pancakes?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
1. Excluding KoF 98' and Garou, what SNK fighting games would you personally recommend?

2. Favorite indie game that isn't Cave Story?

3. What hobbies do you enjoy besides gaming?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
1. Is there any other fighting game franchise you want to see represented in Smash after SNK got a character?
2. What are your thoughts on Death Stranding?
3. What's your favorite game for this decade?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
This is pretty fun. Keep these questions coming!

I'll start:
  1. What were the thoughts rushing through your head once terry got announced?
  2. What are your top 3 favorite movies?
  3. R U OKAY?
Thank you for having this AMA with me :).
  1. When I first saw the SNK leak on the Nintendo site a few days prior to the actual announcement, I remember running into my brother's room to tell him the news and I was jumping up and down with joy. For the next few days I could not think of anything other than Smash. As for the thoughts in my head during the actual trailer, you can see them here in these Discord pics with my brother (he was at work at the time and I wanted to keep him updated).
    1573411157262.png
    1573411209926.png
  2. In no particular order:
    1. Inside Out
    2. Avengers: Infinity War (still the best MCU film even after Endgame imo)
    3. The Dark Knight
  3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na9O13Ts4kI
But for real considering that Terry is in Smash and I got an awesome new job I don't think I've ever been this OK.

If you were to pick a second character from SNK who would it be and why?
What's a game or franchise you never tried but want to try?
Waffles or Pancakes?
  1. Kyo Kusanagi without a doubt. KoF is the SNK franchise I enjoy the most and he's one of my favorite characters to use. If he gets into a Smash game as a playable character I will never ask Nintendo/Sakurai for anything Smash related ever again.
  2. I have quite a few actually:
    1. Tomb Raider. I bought some of the original games on Steam about a year ago but they kept crashing so I just refunded them. I'm a sucker for ancient artifact hunting type of stories like Indiana Jones and Uncharted so I'd love to get into the series sometime.
    2. NieR, specifically NieR Automata. I've heard nothing but praise for it but I don't have a PS4/XOne and my laptop can't run it. Hoping it gets a Switch port soon.
    3. Persona, specifically Persona 4. I already know everything about Persona 5 both in its plot and major gameplay segments so I'm not as interested in it as I am with P4. While I did accidentally spoil who the villain is in P4, I still really want to try it out which is why I'm hoping P4 Golden gets a Switch port eventually.
  3. Pancakes with butter and blueberries > any other breakfast food.
1. Excluding KoF 98' and Garou, what SNK fighting games would you personally recommend?

2. Favorite indie game that isn't Cave Story?

3. What hobbies do you enjoy besides gaming?
  1. KoF 2002. The original version is great and is even on Switch. There is also the UM edition on Steam which is basically a full-on remake and has about 66 characters. It's my favorite SNK game of all time and is one of my top 3 favorite fighters overall. I also recommend KoF 2000, KoF XIII, and Real Bout: Fatal Fury.
  2. Probably A Hat in Time. Many games have tried to recreate the classic 3D Nintendo platformer feel but none of them have come close to this. Super Mario Sunshine was one of my favorite games as a kid and AHiT really does feel like a true spiritual successor to it. Shantae and The Pirate's Curse is a close runnerup for my favorite indie.
  3. I like to write discussions/analyses on different types of subjects (games, shows, etc.). I also like to watch anime as I just recently binged through all of Kill-La-Kill and have just reached part 3 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
1. You ever play Quest 64?
2. If you quote a Quote, do they become an answer?
  1. Unfortunately I have not.
  2. My brain hurts just trying to think about this :crazy:. Uh, I think they'd be an answer though it's hard to say since Quote from Cave Story rarely talks. I think the only time he ever talks is if you're playing Curly mode in Cave Story+.
1. What upcoming game are you most looking forward to?

2. Most wanted DLC character?
  1. Only games I can think of that I'm really excited for are Animal Crossing: New Horizons and King of Fighters XV. Also wow I just realized I haven't been really keeping up with the latest Animal Crossing news. Honestly maybe it'll be better for me to go into it blind and experience all of the new features by myself.
  2. Since Kyo was pretty much deconfirmed in the Terry livestream, probably Edelgard or Quote. Honorable mentions include Crash, Rex, and another one of the major Three Houses characters.
1. Is there any other fighting game franchise you want to see represented in Smash after SNK got a character?
2. What are your thoughts on Death Stranding?
3. What's your favorite game for this decade?
  1. Most of my most wanted fighting game characters are from either Street Fighter (Chun-li, Alex) or SNK fighters (Kyo, Iori) so tbh I'm not really clamoring for another FG character at the moment. That said however I'd be alright with a Tekken or ARCSys character getting in since those games seem pretty fun. One thing I will flat out say is that I just couldn't get into Mortal Kombat so I really don't care about Scorpion.
  2. Never really cared for it even when it was first announced, both because I don't have a PS4 and it just doesn't interest me. I remember seeing all those yearly trailers at the VGAs where each trailer felt like an eternity to finish. The somewhat average reviews (mainly 7's and 8's from both fans and critics from what I've been seeing) for a game that had an insane amount of hype behind it further makes me uninterested in it.
  3. Honestly probably Smash Ultimate. It's pretty much the biggest crossover ever and I seriously don't think they will ever top this game again. Some other games that stood out to me this decade include Pokemon HG/SS and Fire Emblem Three Houses.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
How would you react if Quote was #5?
Did you ever expect SNK to get in smash before the leak?
Any hobbies?
  1. I'd be pretty ecstatic. Cave Story is probably my favorite indie game of all time.
  2. I thought it was a 15% chance at best. While they had history and a lot going for them, they had major competition from bigger companies like Capcom and Namco.
  3. Writing, playing games, watching anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom