• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Semi-Weekly AMA: PsySmasher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1581655926675.png

PsySmasher

This AMA's subject is hooked on gacha and is another pretty smashing fellow, PsySmasher!

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until PsySmasher has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. We'll try to draw two names for two AMAs each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

kay, PsySmasher PsySmasher , it's all yours

I'll start:
  1. What would you say was your most hype Smash reveal?
  2. What are your top 3 favorite movies?
  3. Have you gotten around to try out Granblue Versues yet, and if so, what are your thoughts?

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Ay finally got an AMA, noice

I'll start:
  1. What would you say was your most hype Smash reveal?
  2. What are your top 3 favorite movies?
  3. Have you gotten around to try out Granblue Versues yet, and if so, what are your thoughts?
1. Bit of a hard one, but I'm gonna go w/ :ultbowserjr: simply because he was my most wanted character going into Smash 4 by a VERY large margin.
So much to the point that I mained him throughout the entirety of 4 (even though he was kinda... eh in terms of viability)

:ultridley: is next though, and I had relatively little knowledge of the Metroid series at the time, but the concept of "big, murderous space pirate dragon" sold me lol. He's my main in this game for now, but unlike in 4 I have a very, very... large character pool nowadays so it gets kinda complicated

And as a bonus... surprisingly: :ultpiranha:. They're my favorite common enemy in the Mario series (which got me into gaming in the first place), but we never got a standard Plant playable in... anything iirc (I'm not counting Petey's appearances although I do like him). And to see it get a spot in Smash of all things was both surprising and ****ing hilarious

2. Much more of an animation guy, so my top 3 would probably look like:
-Ratatouille: Honestly this one wasn't my favorite Pixar movie for the longest time but after watching all the Pixar movies over in a marathon very recently, I started to really just how freaking incredible this movie was. And it's honestly my favorite Pixar movie now

-The Lion King (yes, the original not that garbage 2019 remake) will always be my childhood movie and even today (removing the nostalgia) it's my favorite Disney renaissance movie, and one of my favorites in general

-WALL-E is the other major Pixar movie for me, but unlike Ratatouille, I have always loved this movie SO much

Honorable Mentions go to Pulp Fiction, Saving Private Ryan, Toy Story, and Monsters Inc.

3. Figured I'd get asked this question :smirk:

The fact that ArcSys not only made a fighter of my favorite anime series, but now my favorite GACHA series. Man I'm just loving this timeline lol

And this will actually promote Granblue in the West, so it'll be nice to see it finally get more attention

Can't speak on the RPG or any other extra modes since I just tried this game like... a day or 2 ago (for like an hour or 2) and that was only because my friend actually coughed up the money to get the Hong Kong version (props to my guy)

Presentation is absolutely fantastic, ArcSys already got me invested in them thanks to DBFZ, and this game definitely keeps that high level of quality

As far as gameplay goes, it's good. It's more of a poke/footsies/neutral based fighter (like Street Fighter), which I'm honestly worse at than something like DBFZ or Smash. :upsidedown: But I still enjoy it a lot.

Inputs aren't too much of a problem for me (since I do actually play other fighters besides Smash lol) but I like the inclusion of simple specials that have a large cooldown (or less damage in terms of supers), so it gives you an incentive to actually learn the commands.

The inclusion of a block button (along w/ evade and cross over) is also interesting since it kinda reminds me of Smash's defensive play. Idk if I like it yet in this setting though (gotta lab it out a bit more)

I'm looking forward to see this game evolve as a fighter and see what characters they add and what they bring to the table

Don't know if I'll get a PS4 copy just yet (since I don't use it that often nowadays), but if a Switch copy is announced you know I'm gonna be all over that **** and I will be going in depth with it

There's also the small possibility of me competing in this game at EVO (alongside Smash and DBFZ) but that depends on 1) if I actually go to EVO lmao and 2) if I get enough experience w/ the game to legitimately justify entering it

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
1. What are some games you're looking forward to?
2. What are some of your favorite manga/anime?
3. Cats or dogs?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
  1. Who?
    1. What?
    2. When?
    3. Where?
    4. How?
    5. Why?
  2. What are you 99% sure of?
  3. What is your deepest, darkest secret?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
1. You ever play Quest 64?
2. What's your main Ridley costume?
1. I have not. Have heard of it though

2. Meta Ridley is my go-to costume, but I switch it up every so often

1. What are some games you're looking forward to?
2. What are some of your favorite manga/anime?
3. Cats or dogs?
1. Granblue Fantasy Versus (obviously lol) but outside of that, I'm looking forward to UNICLR, Guilty Gear Strive, FFVII Remake, Cyberpunk and whatever else Nintendo is supposed to have this year (b/c I don't really care about Animal Crossing and I'm not touching Xenoblade 1 until I finish 2 completely)

2. Dragon Ball (as a whole) is definitely my favorite anime series. But honestly, I don't watch too much anime outside of that.
My other favs would be Evangelion (yes even w/ how crazy it gets), Re:Zero, and Sword Art Online (yes I know it's trash, but it's trash I enjoy lol)

3. I'm not huge on either tbh, but I'd go dogs over cats

1. Who?
    1. What?
    2. When?
    3. Where?
    4. How?
    5. Why?
  2. What are you 99% sure of?
  3. What is your deepest, darkest secret?
Who:
aa4.jpg

What: I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish w/ these questions
When: You mean "When's Mahvel?" EVO 2020 bois lets go
Where: Where are all these answers coming from? Idk I'm just winging it at this point
How:
Unknown-2.jpeg

Why: Why did you put How before Why, since it technically should've been: Who?, What?, When?, Where?, Why?, How? :smirk:

2. I'm 99% sure that I'm gonna get gimped a billion times when I attempt to get Byleth back into Elite Smash... again:glare:

3.Alrighty here it is:
7fd.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom