• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Semi-Weekly AMA: Michele

Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Michele

This AMA's subject is a Social Thread mainstay with quite the apt name: Michele!

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Michele has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs or wish to be added, refer to this post over in the Social thread.

Whenever you're ready, Michele Michele .

Here's mine:
  1. What inspired you to main the Miis in Smash?
  2. What's your favorite Switch game (not including Smash)?
  3. Waffles or pancakes?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Including the mandatory question...

1. You ever played Quest 64?
2. Who have you mained in every Smash Bros. game you played(among the Nintendo games) and why?
3. EarthBound or Super Mario RPG?

D

Deleted member

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around why do we need Lumberjacks?

What is the worst game you have ever played?

What are some games/franchises that you have never tried but wanna try?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Howdy!

1. You have to be stuck in a room for three days with a celebrity. There’s food and water, but zero contact with the outside world. who do you choose?
2. You are tasked with creating an animated series, what’s the plot?
3. What’s your favorite bad Sonic game?
(06, Boom, stuff like that)

D

Deleted member

Do you own any Mario Party games, and if so which one is your favourite?
Rank the Mario Kart games.
Do you prefer hot or cold drinks?

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Oh noooo a lot of questions /s

Well, alright, I will try to answer them as much as I can.

Michele

This AMA's subject is a Social Thread mainstay with quite the apt name: Michele!

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Michele has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs or wish to be added, refer to this post over in the Social thread.

Whenever you're ready, Michele Michele .

Here's mine:
  1. What inspired you to main the Miis in Smash?
  2. What's your favorite Switch game (not including Smash)?
  3. Waffles or pancakes?
1. I don't know, to be actually honest. There are a lot of factors, but I think it's more because the Miis are supposed to be kind of like your person, right? At least from what I know from a interview related to Miis. I like to associate myself with them, for Smash, especially considering that the Miis COULD have potential to become an stand-alone original character, in a future time, but it's because I also like their moves. In games outside of Smash, my favorite class is ranged class, especially Archer and Gunner classes. Gunner in particular interested me the most because she (At least, canonically as per her trailer) has an versatile movesets from range. I'm aware that Bayonetta also uses guns, but I like the Mii more than her, due to difficulty of using the character.

Another reason is that I think they have a lot of potential with their moves, but they were never this much expanded upon. They're really good, sure, but I personally think that the customization is lacking a bit when it comes to moves.

For example, Fighter does have 3 moves per each directional move, but what if, asides from these, he had other moves, or skills? It is just hypothetical, so I'm aware it will likely never happen in the future, but for example, he could use a skill that raises his attack for a while, or he could produce blizzards, or energy balls from his hands.

Gunner could've been given any elemental moves, but given her versability, I think the potential that she can have is to give her moves that gives a lot of mobility, examples being attacks that hit the opponent while moving around a lot, even if it does little damage.

As for Swordsman, his sword can be expanded a bit in terms of skills. He could try altering his sword, like making it bigger for higher damage at cost of speed, or smaller for viceversa, or make him enter a stance mode, which could be a little similar to Shulk's Monado Arts, but altering his moves and stats.

2. Really hard to tell, since lately I don't play a lot with Switch, and I generally like RPG games more than anything else, but if I had to say, while I do really like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I want to pick up Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition, since I've been waiting for that game for a long while.

3. WAFFLES

1. Most wanted character for Smash DLC?
2. What would be your dream job?
3. How are you doing today?
1. I don't know. Personally aiming for Banjo or for Erdrick, but the latter is likely to happen. I don't know how to say it, since there are not a lot of characters I'm wanting the most, excluding other platforms. To be honest, I'd have loved an ARMS character...

2. Math professor. I really love math, person with 3Ds. And this is also why I count each responses to each questions.

3. It's June now, and I still have to prepare my thesis for my exam (3rd middle school or 8th grade), but I'm about 66% done by now. Have to be interrogated for the 2 last times. I'm getting good results, but I'm afraid it will become impossibly hard to fit about the same results when it comes to high school..... That's just my first thought, though.... My big sister is already doing impossible operations with success. Ugh... But my life has been going well, I can promise you.

Including the mandatory question...

1. You ever played Quest 64?
2. Who have you mained in every Smash Bros. game you played(among the Nintendo games) and why?
3. EarthBound or Super Mario RPG?
1. Quest 64? No, I ... haven't, but I heard the company who did that game fell under already....

2. Mario in Smash 4 and Ultimate. Why? Because if it wasn't for Mario, then I would have not played or discovered Nintendo. Besides, he is the easiest fighter I can use. My other main would be Bowser, but lately, I think I've been getting worse at him, I'm not sure about my skills actually. The reason why I use him is because of his high potential to KO other fighters. Like, let someone beat up another player, so that I can DROPKICK HIM OUTSIDEEEEEEE

3. Really hard question as well, but Earthbound due to its gimmicks. I wish there was a remake of that game, probably in 3D even if it will look ugly. Oh, and when's Mother 4? Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth Speaking of Earthbound, there has been new unseen footage of the Earthbound 64 beta.

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around why do we need Lumberjacks?

What is the worst game you have ever played?

What are some games/franchises that you have never tried but wanna try?
1. Erm.... because we need to clear the path?

2. I personally don't have any game that was the worst to me, but if I had to say it, the game I least liked was Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam. I did replay it, but, while the concept was good, the execution was a little... Poor, I guess. The worst games, are the shooting games- I don't hate Splatoon per se. It's good to me. But games like Fortnite? Nah, no thanks, I'll pass.
I also am not a fan of strategy games, but I do actually enjoy some of them, if there is an good concept.

3. I really WANT to get into Pokemon. I'm just.... not feeling motivated, especially since it's not as long as a JRPG, but.... since it's getting popular, maybe, JUST MAYBE, I might pick up the game. I'm willing to pick up Dragon Quest 11 S as well.

Howdy!

1. You have to be stuck in a room for three days with a celebrity. There’s food and water, but zero contact with the outside world. who do you choose?
2. You are tasked with creating an animated series, what’s the plot?
3. What’s your favorite bad Sonic game?
(06, Boom, stuff like that)
1. I do not know, but I'd likely choose an female celebrity. Probably Arianna Grande.

2. OOOOH I LIKE THIS QUESTION

WARNING IT'S VERY LONG

I TRIED TO MAKE IT SIMPLE

Name: Nintendo: The Animation

Plot: Story begins with the seven 1st grade kids in an place in Tokyo/Japan, setting up camp in June of the Summer for a school festival. When suddenly, an random tsunami or something falls over them. When they wake up, they find themselves in another reality, likely the Nintendo World. The seven kids are granted those Joycons which allows them to do this transformation, each into respective classes, by getting an physical link to their partners/companions, whose personality will likely take after them. In the first 8 episodes (first being the introductory one), for every episode, someone will gain an companion (For example, the girl-female protagonist will have an fairy, while an boy will get an blue, ice-like dragon), as they explore around the Nintendo World, meeting Pokemon, Mario, Zelda characters and such, while also finding a way home.

There is an mysterious threat, basically an mysterious organization that plans to dissolve the Nintendo World. At 15th episode, they meet an hooded man. From him, the seven kids learns that there is an eighth hero, but he is in the other world. And in the 17th episode, at the end of that one, with the help of him, and some Nintendo allies like Mario, Link and Pikachu, the kids manages to return to the real reality, the Nintendo Allies and the kids companions coming with them. But that hooded person disappears, starting to follow his path to seek out the eighth kid and reuniting with the seven other hooded peoples.

In the 18th episode, the six kids finally meets for the first time with the twin brother, who will be the boy-male protagonist, of the girl-protagonist, as she introduces him to them. The twins's family history is really, really long, but to make it short, the family's history dates back to even 4000 years ago, and their family influences a lot the other companies... popularity thing. Traditionally, the kids born in that family are females, of which the heir is passed upon to by the parents/ancestors, but he is the first boy to be born in the family, and he is to be the heir, altogether with his sister, heiress.

He is in a wheelchair, and he can't walk on his own, and wears glasses as well. Additionally, the other kids quickly figures out that the boy has no emotions, because the male appears to always smile in any moment, not frowing at all, even in inappropriate moments. Then the seven kids go outside, while the boy stays inside for a moment. He hears his mother talk about the feeling of pain, and the boy is curious, but she just simply says the pain is not a thing he should feel. Meanwhile, the seven kids learns that they go to the same school, and that their teacher also used to be an hero like them, but is now a director as she joins the group in leading them.

At around episode 21, their Joycon suddenly beep, and their partners also note a severe distrubance. They can't believe it; that same organization has managed to break the barrier as they begin their invasion of the real world, the kids parents learning the truth as well in the next episode. Anyways, they are looking for the eighth hero, and at the same time, the boy also suddenly disappears, his wheelchair and him being carried by the same man from episode 15. They meet up with the partner of the eighth kid, an floating talking robot who is small like an small crate box. And in the meanwhile, and the seven kids' powers also start to improve a bit, as their parents begins to believe in them.

In the 23th episode, the kids learns about the likely true reason for being chosen as the heroes. It all starts with the girl-protagonist seeing her partner when she was just 2 and just learnt how to walk, and now that her partner mentions it, the girl also remembers seeing someone asides from her partner, who liked her brother, and it would also explain why, after the kids went, her mother talked in a familiar tone with the girl's partner. Anyways, after that incident where Legendaries Pokemons and heroes suddenly came to the real world for a moment, the two partners suddenly disappeared as the seven sees the incident. This also causes the girl to think about a possibility.

Episode 25/26 is where the final part of Act 1 begins. One of the leaders of that organizations, an heavy-armored black knight manages to repel away that hooded man, also managing to capture the boy in the process, despite him still smiling, in kind manner. The seven kids arrive, but also seeing that robot for the first time, and with that, they learn that he is the eighth hero, and that the knight has managed to seal away his partner's power, which was a first, since that partner was well-known for giving the power to the someone called the Emperor, one who controls the force of darkness in the Nintendo World. With that, after some tentative repeal from the heroes, he attempts to kill the male protagonist from a distance, but instead there is an classic despair, as the same hooded person goes in front of him, taking the fatal attack which also dissolves his hood as the seven hooded peoples also sees the event.

His eyes goes wide as he learns that this hooded person is actually the future version of the boy and at the point the kid's mother comes. He implores with his smile to not go, but he disappears into data, going away like the leaves of an cherry bloom tree as he tries to grab the bits of data, but they just disappear tragically. As the screen seems to go dark, for the first time, he stops smiling, his eyes shaking as he finally remembers an really bad memory that was suppressed. At this point, he begins to cry, no longer living in this happy-go-lucky-world, which in turn leads to him unlocking his power, the Advanced variant that is the more powerful transformation.

He gets an crest in his necklace, and as he fights the enemy, he throws the white crest to his sister, which allows her to unlock her advanced transformation, and they manage to defeat the new enemy using the new, advanced dual attack. In the latter half of Episode 26, he is shown crying really heavily, lying down on the ground as he contantly cries to himself. His partner then orders the dissolution of the darkness, letting the minions run free in good mind, because he is growing tired of having to battle constnatly, and just want to live his life, start living a bit properly. With that, thanks to the boy, who meanwhile cried himself to sleep, the partner forms an pact with the other kids as the eighth hero's mother hugs him sadly, regretting not explaining the concept of pain. Act 1 closes with the seven hooded peoples revealing themselves as the 'future' selfs of these kids.

In Act 2, on first episodes starting from 27, the rest of the heroes gain their own Advanced powers, while the eighth kid also attempts to improve his social skills. On EP 35, he meets with a girl from that organization, who rips one of the copies of the photo of him and his family, which in turn allows him to learn the emotion of anger, insisting about love and relationship. The girl does seem convinced, but is punched in the gut to unconosciousness by her supposed father, causing the boy to get angry. The power in his first stage of transformation matches with his dad, but the Advanced stage does manages to easily beat him. The future kids also reveals that they are willing to help the kids, but the male-protagonist doubts their powers. However, it is quickly shown, as the future girl-protagonist very easily wins against the boy, despite him being in Advanced mode.

In Episode 38, the eight kids learns about the identity of the true enemy, who calls himself the 'Creator' of the Nintendo World, and who is not that Master Hand, as they prepare to battle him to end this strage and return to reality. In Episode 40 however, due to not only an little conflict, but also due to their plan, the group breaks up. Thanks to the future kids' encouragement, they do make up eventually as they also face the vice-leader in the 43th episode. It is an long and ardous battle. Thanks to the eight kids' collaboration, they create an group attack, that defeats her in an peaceful way.

In Episode 46, there is an severe distortion in the Nintendo World, so the heroes goes to investigate. They discover that it's been messed up in a crazy way, like distorted waterfalls, deserts in place where there shouldn't be, and such things. They see that some Nintendo peoples has have lost their minds, as some of they also act crazily toward them, including a Legendary Pokemon. And in EP 48, they discover that the hooded person from EP 15 is still alive and well, although in critical conditions, as he tells that it's the creator. By combining the runes found in EP 49, they manage to open up an space passage, which leads into nothingnes... the space of nothingness, as called as the Halted Memory. It is said that the creators resides there.

In EP 50, each kids have to face their trials; for example, the girl-protagonist has to face an memory with her mother, in which she wanted to do something, but her mother didn't allow that. The boy-protagonist also finally faces the memory that was suppressed, and with that, he will also face his destiny. After they manage to pass their trials, they finally come face with this Creator, this white-haired man with red eyes, faced against them and the future selfs including the future boy-protag, and the Nintendo Heroes. With an long explaination, the kids finally learns the truth of the entire adventure, and the entire incident, including the possibility that the whole adventure could just be lie.

Final battle in EP 51. It is revealed that this Creator is likely the strongest person that the eighth hero has ever faced. Fighting in the space, his Advanced Form power is at par with the final person. The situation seemed to be at the favor of the protagonist, unill this Creator uses that power, that not only hits him in chest, but causes him to suddenly lose his transformation powers. He also curses the creasts, rendering them unable to use their Advanced Forms. Then he does his last straw that takes away hope; he tries to attack the girl, but the boy manages to push her away, letting himself take the blow, which leads to him dissolving into data, his partner disappearing as well and his Joycon falling to ground, breaking completely into pieces as if it was just a glass tea. The same eventually happens to the other partners.

They find themselves within the world that was all blank and white, as they see numbers and they are also isolated completely, not really having a lot of personality and emotions. However, one such person insists otherwise. It is the same boy, who insists they should break the barriers. He protests a lot despite their hopeless refusal, but they get hopeful as they hear the call from their partners, their Nintendo allies, their teacher, and even their parents. The girl also sees her mother a bit angry, refusing to believe that she would lose hope.

Meanwhile. the Creator is about to obliterate an legendary Pokemon, shooting a white beam, when it is stopped by an simple stone. He turns to see that the girl has returned, albeit in not too good condition as she pants, insisting to him that it is not the right way to treat as there are a lot of words from the kids that insists he should not fight in different way, like not being able to hear music, not learning, and such thing, the boy-protagonist even saying that he doesn't want to hear an bad ending as he really dislikes it.

Their encouragement allows their joycons to flash up again; the light then goes past the Creator, but not through him, rather forming the holy light that allows another of the Creator, a girl that looks like an goddess, to be awoke from the newfounded power. She orders the eight kids to go to the sanctuary of the Halted Memory, where there are empty slots for the Joycon. By inserting them, it will activate the power, lighting up the world, restoring order, and forming an unity pact. The kids does so, going there while the Goddess repel this final boss. Once they finally put their own Joycons there, the things she said happens, while the Goddess manages to put a cube to lock away this malevolent person, and teach him a lesson.

The End in EP 52. The kids faint suddenly, feeling that their adventures are finally over as they close their eyes. The barrier that divides the worlds is now gone, and the heroes can finally cross over from the real world to the Nintendo world. The president of Japan creates an conference, and also forms an pact with Arceus. A lot of progress is shown to be made in other parts, especially in Africa, as the technology develops at a insane speed. Their adventures are over and, despite being able to still transform, they don't use it as much, as the world is now at peace. They do still go to school. There isn't any major timeskip, but instead immediately after those events, the eight heroes go on their own carrers. However, the adventure isn't completely over, it's just the end of the beginning

I HAVE A LOT OF THINGS TO SAY, BUT I DON'T REALLY WANT TO CLUTTER THIS THREAD. AAAAAAAAH. TOOK ME 1 HOUR.

3. Sonic 06. I think it's because in that game, we had an OC for the first time, referring to that Princess that Sonic saves. Also, we have an darker Sonic story for once, including that moment in which Sonic dies, and is resurrected through a kiss.

Do you own any Mario Party games, and if so which one is your favourite?
Rank the Mario Kart games.
Do you prefer hot or cold drinks?
1. I have Mario Party 8 and the DS version, although I don't play it as much as I used to.

2. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is easily the 1st. However, I'd love to tie that with Mario Kart Wii, because that was actually one of the most sold racing game, and one of the most sold games in history. Something... a bit similar to the numbers of Minecraft copies bought, I guess. It was actually really fun, but Nintendo WIFI had to die suddenly for no reason... I actually don't know why Nintendo WIFI was discontinued.

3. COLD DRINK EASILY. When I drink cold drinks, I feel more energy and gain them back more as opposed to the hot ones.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Since you're not on Switch much, what is your gaming platform of choice?

You clearly had a show idea at the ready. Are you wanting to get into animation? Or maybe script writing?

What's your dream college, assuming you want to go to college?

D

Deleted member

2. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is easily the 1st. However, I'd love to tie that with Mario Kart Wii, because that was actually one of the most sold racing game, and one of the most sold games in history. Something... a bit similar to the numbers of Minecraft copies bought, I guess. It was actually really fun, but Nintendo WIFI had to die suddenly for no reason... I actually don't know why Nintendo WIFI was discontinued.
Have you ever tried modding the Wii? Wiimmfi is a service that runs servers for DS and Wii games, and allows you to play games on those consoles online once again.

Alternatively, there is a browser exploit that allows you to run the game in your disc drive with an online patch if it's compatible with Wiimmfi, all through the Wii's Internet Browser.

A list of games compatible with Wiimmfi can be found here.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hmmmm. This one is unfamiliar....

1. What is your Final Fantasy of choice?
  2. What is your favorite Fighting Game (not Smash)
  3. If you could have ONE smash clone made by another company with their own IPs, what would it be?

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Since you're not on Switch much, what is your gaming platform of choice?

You clearly had a show idea at the ready. Are you wanting to get into animation? Or maybe script writing?

What's your dream college, assuming you want to go to college?
1. Well, lately I've been into PC games. I just happen to find them really comfortable, plus there are some browser and cilent games that I've come to really enjoy a lot. Plus, the fact that I need to be in contact with Discord peoples. Although, I heard that Discord wants to be on Nintendo- if it does happens I'd start using Nintendo Switch more.

2. Erm... actually, no. I really love watching anime, but I'm not interested into getting in animation or script writing myself. I think I'd love educating peoples more as a professor, in my honest opinion- it can be fun sometimes. But thanks for asking!

3. This is an tough question. I'd love to get into a Scientific university, or whatever it's called- however, I'd likely have to move outside of where I usually live, while being still in Italy. Alternatively, I'm getting interested in Japan- I do like my place where I'm currently in, Italy, but I think the Asia part is becoming more technologically advanced, especially the China and the Japan parts. I also have some slight desire to learn Japanese, but not too much, since the way I want to learn it doesn't work like English.

As for how I learnt English... Maybe the way I'll be saying is weird, but I learned it all by myself. No dictionaries or anything like that. It just felt really natural- all I ahd to do was learn a English sentence, and from there, it was slow, but it developed into actually good English as I browsed English sites, all by myself. It's... weird, and ironic as well, because I learnt it faster and better than Italian, my native language.

However, when I try doing the same with Japanese, it... just doesn't work, at all. It's like, I still have an hard time comprehending it. At the moment, I know only the konnichiwa (hello), arigatosu (thanks you), and NANI?!

Have you ever tried modding the Wii? Wiimmfi is a service that runs servers for DS and Wii games, and allows you to play games on those consoles online once again.

Alternatively, there is a browser exploit that allows you to run the game in your disc drive with an online patch if it's compatible with Wiimmfi, all through the Wii's Internet Browser.

A list of games compatible with Wiimmfi can be found here.
Ah... Well... No, I have.. Not tried that. I do still have my own Wii. Thanks you for the tip, but honestly, at this point, I likely will not be using Wii much anymore. I'm more satisfied with my Nintendo Switch than the generation. I guess it's just that not interesting to me anymore, especially after the failure of Wii U. Still, thanks you for helping me.

Hmmmm. This one is unfamiliar....

1. What is your Final Fantasy of choice?
  2. What is your favorite Fighting Game (not Smash)
  3. If you could have ONE smash clone made by another company with their own IPs, what would it be?
1. Final Fantasy 7, obviously. It finally comes to Nintendo Switch! I do wish the remake would get a Nintendo Switch port, but it would take a lot of resources. However, there is a rumor about the development of a new Nintendo Switch hardware, so there might be slight hope.

2. Street Fighter

3. One Smash clone? Now that you mention it. Sony did try their own All Stars, an crappy copy of that game. But... I don't remember Microsoft doing an clone of Smash.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Related to 1. What company do you mean? Cause THQ didn't create it. Anyway, do you play turn-based rpg's and enjoy them?

...Oh, wait, that counts as three questions, heh.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Related to 1. What company do you mean? Cause THQ didn't create it. Anyway, do you play turn-based rpg's and enjoy them?

...Oh, wait, that counts as three questions, heh.
1. Umm... I was talking about the developer of that game... Excuse me for my mistake.

2. Yes, I do, a lot actually. But I'm also a wholesome for the action RPG games!

3. Not true..... or is it?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
1. Umm... I was talking about the developer of that game... Excuse me for my mistake.

2. Yes, I do, a lot actually. But I'm also a wholesome for the action RPG games!

3. Not true..... or is it?
1. You ever play Paper Mario(an example of a turn-based action rpg hybrid)?

2. You ever play Mortal Kombat?

3. If you've played either of those, who is your favorite character in each of those series?

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
1. You ever play Paper Mario(an example of a turn-based action rpg hybrid)?

2. You ever play Mortal Kombat?

3. If you've played either of those, who is your favorite character in each of those series?
1. No, but I've heard of all of these games and the original. I've played Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam, but technically it doesn't count as such. The last two games were kind of meh. I'm hoping there'll be a return to the classic format for the Switch, but we'll see.

2. Can you please... Not mention that game? I have heard of that game, but I don't play that game, or watch it much, because... It's a bit too bloody as hell for me.

3. Mortal Kombat, no answer but I might like Scorpion. But if it had to be Paper Mario, well I definitely love the protagonist, as well as Peach's side-interaction during the interlude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom