• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Semi-Weekly AMA: KingofPhantoms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1578779488233.png

KingofPhantoms
This AMA's subject loves himself some good cartoons and electric lions, let's hear it for KingofPhantoms!

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until KingofPhantoms has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. We'll try to draw two names for two AMAs each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

righty, KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms , you ready?

I'll start:
  1. What would you say was your most hype Smash reveal?
  2. What are your top 3 favorite movies
  3. You got the chance to revive/reboot any cartoon you want, which one would you go for?

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hey bud, I know we talk frequently but I'm still excited to ask questions and getting to know you better :)

1. What are your current aspirations in life?
2. What are your top 10 favorite tv shows of all time? You don't have to rank them exactly, and they can either be animated or live-action. Just a group of 10 tv shows that you absolutely love.
3. What is your favorite insult unleashed by Gordon Ramsey?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
1. You ever play Quest 64?
2. Opinion on the Phantom Knight(Zelda series)?
3. Are you a King of anything else?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
View attachment 256764
KingofPhantoms
This AMA's subject loves himself some good cartoons and electric lions, let's hear it for KingofPhantoms!

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until KingofPhantoms has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. We'll try to draw two names for two AMAs each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

righty, KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms , you ready?

I'll start:
  1. What would you say was your most hype Smash reveal?
  2. What are your top 3 favorite movies
  3. You got the chance to revive/reboot any cartoon you want, which one would you go for?
It is time!

1: Probably :ultkrool:'s. Dude was my most wanted newcomer besides Tetra, and as shocking and unexpected as Ridley's reveal was to me, by that point I had lost enough hope of getting him for the hype to hit the same way. I was still extremely hyped, don't get me wrong, but just not a personal level. K. Rool's character appealed to me since I first read up his trophy descriptions in Melee and Brawl, and the more I learned about him, the more I thought he'd be a perfect fit for Smash, and an overdue one, at that. I was losing my mind during his trailer, freaking out and screaming in joy. And my experience with the
DKC series is pretty limited, mind you. :ultgreninja:'s reveal in Wii U/3DS is a close second, as I immediately took to him as another favorite Pokemon the moment it turned out to be the official final form of Froakie. It was a Pokemon I didn't even know I wanted in Smash that badly, until it was revealed.

2: #1 goes to The Lion King (the original). That film's awesome, I love everything about it, and heck it even resonates with me on a personal level. The other top two film of mine, I'm not so sure about...Let's say Jaws at #2 and the Nightmare Before Christmas at #3 for now, then!

3: I really want to say Gravity Falls, but I can't in all honesty, as I don't think I'd do it's brilliant writing and directing justice. Plus, as much as I want more of it, I think the series ended perfectly well at season 2 before it lost it's magic. So, instead, I'd give a revival/reboot of My Life as a Teenage Robot. I watched it alongside Danny Phantom, Spongebob, Fairly Oddparents, Jimmy Neutron, and the like a lot as a kid, and I consider it underrated. If nothing else, it's network (Nickelodeon) did a poor job promoting it, and I think it deserves better. I'd be happy to revive it if given the chance, especially if I could take the show in a more serialized direction that many modern cartoon have been taking.

Hey bud, I know we talk frequently but I'm still excited to ask questions and getting to know you better :)

1. What are your current aspirations in life?
2. What are your top 10 favorite tv shows of all time? You don't have to rank them exactly, and they can either be animated or live-action. Just a group of 10 tv shows that you absolutely love.
3. What is your favorite insult unleashed by Gordon Ramsey?
1: Honestly? I want to become a creator of some sort. Create characters, worlds, write stories, etc. Whether that entails becoming an animator, writer and/or programmer, I'd really like to create characters and stories that entertain and resonate with people in the world. I don't want to start anything like that too late, but for now, I'm kinda simply seeking a computer-based job of some kind. I just wanna get some income soon.

2: Gravity Falls, (2012) Adventure Time (2010) DuckTales (2017) Game of Thrones (2011) The Walking Dead (2010) Steven Universe (2013) My Life as a Teenage Robot (2003) Star vs. The Forces of Evil (2015) Samurai Jack ( 2001) and Lilo and Stitch: The Series (2003).

Spongebob is an honorary mention for making me laugh for many years, regardless of seasonal rot. MLP is another honorary mention as I liked it's characters, morals and stories for quite a while, but it doesn't offer a lot of what other shows I really like have, so yeah, it's fallen down my list of favorites a fair bit, but I still like it enough. Star almost didn't make the list, because honestly? The grand finale was a terrible ending that came out left-field and insulted it's characters even more than it's audience. which is saying something, because it felt like a big insult to the audience, imo. The 4th season in general sucked after the first few episodes. It still made the list because the previous three seasons are so good, and because I wish to remember them and the show in a positive light. It's easier for me because season 4 went so off the rails in every direction that it really didn't feel like the same show, so it's somewhat easy for me to disconnect it from the rest of the show's seasons.

3: Too many to pick from.:laugh: I'd have to go waaaaaaay back in my history of watching Hell's Kitchen to pick a definite favorite. That one Lamb Sauce take is pretty legendary though, and I can see why.

1. You ever play Quest 64?
2. Opinion on the Phantom Knight(Zelda series)?
3. Are you a King of anything else?
1: I haven't, though you've gotten me curious about it. I was born at the tail-end of the N64 era and missed out on a lot of games from the whole era.

2: As in it being Zelda's Down-B? I think it's great, a good set-up for other attacks, for spacing, and for getting K.O.s in the right circumstances. Plus it's something more from the "toon" line-up of Zelda games, which are some of my favorite entries in my all-time favorite video game franchise. As a character and an enemy? Spirit Tracks handled them much better and more creatively, as the team came up with a greater amount and better variations of the enemy, cleverly made (Phantom) Zelda becoming playable through possession of them, which made for some neat gameplay, and, unlike in Phantom Hourglass, they aren't involved in any aggravating repetitive timed missions in the mistake that was the Temple of the Ocean King.

3: Ghosts, ghouls, spirits, specters, apparitions, skeletons, the undead in general, etc. Some people will also tell you I'm the King of Puns. Don't believe them. That's just propaganda against my monarchy. :p

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
1. Any games you're really looking forward to?
2. What's a crossover fighting game between two companies you want to see?
3. Doriyah?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
  1. Favorite food?
  2. If you've ever created any characters, who are some of your favorites that you've created?
  3. Can you croak like a frog?
1: Maybe steaks? The flavor can be fantastic. Apples and certain snack foods are also contenders, as is chocolate.

2: Only characters I've ever really created were usually cheesy or simple characters I came up with as a kid. So I have none to list. I have several character ideas I'd like to realize, though.

3: My frog impression is only "okay" at best lol.

1. Any games you're really looking forward to?
2. What's a crossover fighting game between two companies you want to see?
3. Doriyah?
1: Breath of the Wild 2, or whatever it's final title will be, is #1 since I love The Legend of Zelda and BotW in particular was so good. Pikmin 4 and Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Metroid Prime 4 are also on there, as far as Nintendo goes. Ori and the Will of the Wisps is another one. I'm also curious about out upcoming FPS games.

2: Ooh, I like this question a lot! I got a lot to pick from, but going off of just two, maybe between Disney and Nintendo, there are mountains of potential there, Mickey and Mario? Very rare would you see two icons that virtually everyone across the globe knows about. And that's just the very beginning of the crossover character interactions and battles. How about Disney villains vs Nintendo villains, for example? That'd be awesome.

3:

Ganondorf is indeed fun to play btw, he's one of my secondaries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom