• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Semi-Weekly AMA: KarneraMythos

Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

KarneraMythos

This AMA's subject is the Social's resident KOS-MOS king and best Mega Man main: KarneraMythos.

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until KarneraMythos has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs or wish to be added, refer to this post over in the Social thread.

Whenever you're ready, KarneraMythos KarneraMythos

Here's mine:
  1. Out of all your mains from every Smash game, which was your favorite to play?
  2. Xenosaga III is pretty damn expensive. You wanna sell me on it before I go to the next Retro Games Expo?
  3. Waffles or pancakes?:azura:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
1)If you were to Choose between KOS-MOS or a XB1/2/X getting into Smash, which one would you choose?
2)Is the heat killing you?
3)Since you're playing SMM2, do you have any big idea for a level you want to make in the future? If yes, can I get some info about it? Or do you want to keep it top secret for now?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

KarneraMythos

This AMA's subject is the Social's resident KOS-MOS king and best Mega Man main: KarneraMythos.
Part of me feels melancholy being the unofficial sponsor for KOS-MOS when support for her has been around before I started posting here, and yet I can't help but feel sanctioned to have earned the metaphorical crown.

Though please, I'd hold back from the Mega Man bit or else Knight Dude and any potential expert on here will target me to take that title away, hahaha.

With that being said... Let's get crackin'...

Whenever you're ready, KarneraMythos KarneraMythos

Here's mine:
  1. Out of all your mains from every Smash game, which was your favorite to play?
  2. Xenosaga III is pretty damn expensive. You wanna sell me on it before I go to the next Retro Games Expo?
  3. Waffles or pancakes?:azura:
  1. Tough call... It used to be Ike from the Brawl days all the way up to Smash 4, but over time, I started sticking with Mega Man and Zelda. Their play styles benefit a ton from zoning since their neutrals are pretty darn awful compared to most characters, so I take advantage of their weaknesses by making people assume I'll do something else. It helps they're literally the Title Characters of my favorite childhood video games.

2. Let me establish something to avoid the dreaded Broken Pedestal trope: I have not played a single Xenosaga game ever. However, it's in the plans to acquire the trilogy and see what I've been missing. The reason I haven't gotten any of the games at the time is because I was a wee brat with no accounting for taste, so story-heavy games like that would have gone over my radar entirely. I DID know her though, well enough that she wasn't a "Who?" to me. I will eventually catch up with the Xenosaga franchise though, expensive or not.

3. Pancakes. Waffles are aesthetically-pleasing and fantastic when done right, but so are pancakes. It's easier to spread that butter and that delicious blueberry syrup on top without having to worry about getting the gaps evenly. They're also easier to make than waffles. Then again, waffles do go great with ice cream and speculaas... Ugh, I hate you for asking this one, lmao.
1)If you were to Choose between KOS-MOS or a XB1/2/X getting into Smash, which one would you choose?
2)Is the heat killing you?
3)Since you're playing SMM2, do you have any big idea for a level you want to make in the future? If yes, can I get some info about it? Or do you want to keep it top secret for now?
  1. KOS-MOS, easily. Namco, Xeno, the looks, and the gameplay all in one. This isn't just killing two birds with one stone. This is using R-CANNON on every migration flock ever. Elma and any variation of Rex with Pyra/Mythra, if not outright putting the Blades themselves would be fantastic. The latter pair would have the Classic Zelda/Sheik style transformation, but again, having any of them would be excellent since Xeno content in Smash is so painfully undone. KOS-MOS still beats them at the end of the day by virtue of being their Senior as well.

2. Outside? Yes, somewhat. Made worse with the fact that I'm still moving furniture around in my new house, but other than that, I have air cooling in here to keep me nice and cool! Outside is very toasty and humid and it sucks, but I prefer it to Winter time for many MANY reasons. I don't like snow. It's cold and sharp and slippery and it gets everywhere.

3. For now, I am remaking stages from the first Mario Maker so that they can be streamed by my pals at The Shining Hearts twitch page. New stages are definitely going to happen eventually though, but I'll be the first to admit here that platforming levels for a game like this aren't my strong suit given how everything needs to be precise enough to be challenging, and yet not so spacious and opportune that level-breaking moments happen.
1. Most wanted character for smash besides KOS-MOS?
2. Favorite genre of music/favorite band?
3. What's an obscure game that you think more people should give a shot?
  1. Ehhhh... [thinking cap] Proooobably Dante? He's definitely somewhere in Top 4. Other than him, I would probably squee if we get Saber and/or Reimu. If it came to any combination though, KOS-MOS and Dante are definitely my top combination as far as Fighter's Pass stuff goes. If I'm lucky, there will be a Season 2 because I don't have any hopes for any of my banner characters atm (some of which are just there for filler since the old sig contained characters whose chances died off entirely).

2. Electronic, rock, jazz, bossa nova, chiptune, etc. No bands in particular. I much prefer instrumental tunes since vocal stuff gets tiresome after a while. At least with music-music, I can daydream and let the ambience create settings for me. I don't get that kind of luxury with sung music since most of it tends to be very context-specific, which shakes off the imaginative potential behind them.

3. I don't think there are any obscure games that I've personally played to be sponsoring. Probably Melty Blood and Under Night In-Birth if I'm going to be honest, though "obscure" is kind of stretching it for those games. I just want to see Tsukihime return to Kinoko Nasu's radar. It's kind of an impossible deal at this point. See above for the thinly-veiled despair I feel at KOS-MOS' shaky chances at being playable in the Fighter's Pass.

Last edited:

Striga

Smash Journeyman
#1. Other than Xeno, what is your favorite JRPG series?

#2. What are the best and worst animated TV shows you’ve seen?

#3. What is your favorite superpower?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
#1. Other than Xeno, what is your favorite JRPG series?

#2. What are the best and worst animated TV shows you’ve seen?

#3. What is your favorite superpower?
  1. The Shin Megami Tensei series. I usually stay away from morose story settings where everything is hopeless and everyone is an a-hole, but the demon-punching games make them work. Keep in mind that I consider Persona, Catherine, and other spin-offs to be connected in some manner, so all of them give me similar levels of enjoyment and awe.

2. Assuming anime is excluded here:
    • Best animated TV shows (in no particular order):
      • Samurai Jack
      • Ed, Edd n Eddy
      • Dexter's Lab
      • Courage the Cowardly Dog
      • The Powerpuff Girls (classic era)
      • Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
      • The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
      • Adventure Time
      • The Amazing World of Gumball
      • Teen Titans (2000's version)
      • Megas XLR
      • Regular Show
      • Duck Dodgers
      • Futurama
      • The Venture Bros.
      • Rick & Morty [laughs in 200 IQ]
        • Yeah... I think I might be a tad bit biased toward Cartoon Network here, lmao...
    • Worst animated TV shows (in no particular order):
      • Too many to list here. In fact, it's kind of an oxymoron: What WOULD I deem the "worst" if I don't sit through them to begin with, eh? Made worse with the fact that I can't recall any right now because I suppressed those horrid memories in seeing an episode or two.
  3. Dimension-hopping. Required-Secondary Powers assume you're compatible with whatever universe you enter no matter how foreign its laws (if any) are from yours. It's also very versatile and comes with all the wondrous implications whenever the after-life is involved. My main OC has this ability as a defining trait of his, which is very common in the story setting I'm contributing to. There's the whole matter of seeing alien Earths that's super interesting in and of itself.
1 whats your favprite game genre other than jrpg's
2 its you against thanos what superpower do you want to fight him
3 grapes or plums?
  1. Fighting games. I am terrible in every single one of them, but they are a lot of fun and satisfying to play. I don't have a particular favorite right now, but if it comes down to a franchise, it would probably have to be Blazblue [braces for the burning fury that is the Guilty Gear fandom]. I consider it the "Xenoblade" of fighting game universes if that makes any sense.

2. Assuming it's MCU!Thanos:
    • Without Infinity Gauntlet: Force him into another reality where the stones do not exist via dimension-hop
    • With Infinity Gauntlet: Condense dimensional gate into singularity where the gauntlet's gaps are. His hand takes an infinite amount of time for any self-contact to occur as snapping and clenching requires him to red-shift endlessly into the singularity. It won't destroy him, but it would make the gauntlet as pointless as Dormammu killing Strange forever.
  3. Plums, because they're delicious. Grapes don't do anything for me and 99% of stuff involving grapes (outside of wine) tends to taste very artificial and medicine-y (and not the good sort either). As for plums, there's something about them that's so sweet and inviting. Their taste, their outside and inner colors, their juiciness. Mmmm...

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
1. Obligatory have you played Quest 64?
2. For RPG's in general, do you prefer it with or without action commands?
3. Likewise, what kind of battle system do you overall prefer? Exact details are preferred for an answer due to very specific differences(or sometimes subtle ones).

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
1. What video game would you like to see adapted into a live-action movie?
2. What's one game that you think would benefit from a reboot/remake?
3. What's your favorite memory regarding Smash Bros? (if you have one)

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
1. Obligatory have you played Quest 64?
2. For RPG's in general, do you prefer it with or without action commands?
3. Likewise, what kind of battle system do you overall prefer? Exact details are preferred for an answer due to very specific differences(or sometimes subtle ones).
  1. [Looks up Quest 64] The only Nintendo 64 games I ever had during the console's life cycle were Super Mario 64., Mario Kart, Banjo-Kazooie, Super Smash Bros., Golden Eye, and Tetrisphere. My gaming catalogue back in the day was paltry, to put it lightly. We're talking half licensed games, half mostly-Mario games. Quest 64 is probably one of those hidden gems like Mischief Makers which I completely missed out on because my tastes were super different back in the day.

2. Action commands can be fun when done right. A nice blend of freedom and strategy without slowing the pace to a crawl is a much-needed element for me to enjoy RPGs to the fullest. It's either they focus on the combat system and make it as good as they can without action commands, or they go in depth with the mechanic. There's no in between.

3. Assuming this isn't strictly tied to the RPG genre or just genres in general, my favorite battle system for any game is the hack'n'slash style of gameplay. The best part it is that it takes elements from my favorite genres for a fusion style Beat 'Em Up on crack. It's so cathartic slicing and dicing and painting the streets red (or whatever color your mooks are made of).

RPGs are indeed my favorite genre, followed by fighting games, and hack'n'slash games would be my favorite for being the best of both worlds, but they also come with the baggage of being short single-player experiences with no competitive value in the same way that fighting games provide. They can be very immersive, but the exploration is minimal at best.
1. What video game would you like to see adapted into a live-action movie?
2. What's one game that you think would benefit from a reboot/remake?
3. What's your favorite memory regarding Smash Bros? (if you have one)
  1. It would be pretty cool seeing the Marvel Studios guys giving the Mega Man X series a little spin. Maybe even incorporate the universe into the MCU somehow, given how Earth-30847 is a thing. If given the option to say no, I would opt out of this. Nothing I love would work in a film setting and most of the Western Audience wouldn't bother with them anyway.

2. Definitely the Xenosaga franchise, as well as Xenogears. They are games with fantastic ideas and world-building, but too ambitious at the time (mainly for Xenosaga, as I've heard). With today's technology and advancements, all of that is possible. I guess I cheated a bit here since the Xenosaga Trilogy is more than one game, heh...

3. My favorite would have to be Mega Man's announcement. I was completely ecstatic, especially since this was during the dark ages for the Mega Man franchise. In fact, I would argue a few things against his inclusion when his announcement was leaked:
    • Capcom letting Sakurai use the Blue Bomber, over Ryu, or even Chris Redfield for that matter? Absurd!
    • No way in hell Rock is gonna get in over fan-requested fighters. The character is made a total joke in most crossover fan works.
    • Everyone and their grandma knows Sonic. If any third-party character is the first to make a return, it's him. Mega is niche in comparison.

Really, all of it just seemed way too good to be true. Second most pivotal moment for me was Ike's return in Smash 4. I was drawing my OC around that time and got done coloring him, then 2 days later Ike is announced with an eerily-similar render posture to my ****ty drawing. I was expecting Chrom to completely replace him, but man was I glad to be wrong.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Revenge time! (Lol jk)

Since you asked me last time, what are your favorite Xeno characters (human, blades, nopon or whatever)
Whats a game/franchise you never tried but wanna try?
Whats the worst game you ever played?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Revenge time! (Lol jk)

Since you asked me last time, what are your favorite Xeno characters (human, blades, nopon or whatever)
Whats a game/franchise you never tried but wanna try?
Whats the worst game you ever played?
  1. Oof, I think I'd be here all day if I went into detail, so I will try to keep it short and sweet:
    • The whole party is pretty damn great. Rex manages to be a hard-working protagonist from the get-go and displays great feats of strength on his own accord without needing a MacGuffin to accomplish handiwork. He's also amusing to listen to when he's spouting his dorky salvager gobbledygook and his narmy voice is endearing. I guess you could say that I like his attitude!

• Zeke is probably one of my favorite chuuni in recent years. There's also that surprising amount of depth to him and I am of the belief that his eccentric mannerisms are just a coping mechanism for the **** he's been through before the events of the main game. He's also one of those characters who's way stronger than he makes himself out to be. Hilariously-speaking, he and Sans are somewhat alike.

• Morag is probably my favorite non-Blade human character in the party. She's just so damn cool and has an awesome uniform to boot. She might be lacking in the humor department, but the comedy stems from her trying to understand it. She's got a really cool fighting style as well, and her hidden compassion for others is very admirable. There's a reason she is called Special Inquisitor!

• Pyra is the female equivalent of "buttery smooth" when it comes to voices. She's also got that motherly side to her that makes her very chill and relaxing to be around. Both her and Mythra have this wonderful dynamic together with a dark secret that subverts their initial presentation to most players. They're probably some of my favorite female characters ever, and it would be a real treat seeing them more often.

• Poppi and her progression/regression across her various forms is a high point to her, and her Noponic mannerisms are hilarious and endearing. I wish she kept her monotonous robotic tone from when we first meet her, but her growing humanity made the change into the Important Haircut of vocal evolution. Still, in spite of that and her connection to Tora, she's a sweetheart and a total badass too.

• Kasandra is my favorite non-Party, non-Crossover Blade by a long shot, to the point that whenever I get this sort of question, I'm told to refrain from mentioning her. Her voice is excellent, her personality is joyous, she is sunshine absolute, and her Pseudo-Egyptian–Yokai design aesthetic is awesome. Obviously I wish she was as excellent in gameplay as she is excellent existing, but I love her regardless.
  2. Not sure if Xenosaga counts, but if it does then it's that. Kantai Collection's a pretty close deal, though the surprising amount of savant discussions of historical events is far beyond my pay-grade. It'd be something I'd quietly admire. Disgaea is another series I would love to get into since it's a pretty significant part of my high school days. A good friend of mine played the hell of the first two games so it always caught my interest.

3. Probably Sled Storm. I did not have fun with that game at all. My aunt from my mom's side was pretty notorious with gifts. Every game she got was either your generic sports title, a licensed game, or shovelware garbage. There are other unfun games, but if I can't remember them, it's because I don't want to.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1. What was the most hype Smash reveal for you?
2. Cats or Dogs?
3. What's your favorite console generation?

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
1. What was the most hype Smash reveal for you?
2. Cats or Dogs?
3. What your favorite console generation?
  1. I'm gonna be lazy and just repost that one response explaining the unbridled joy I felt when Mega Man was announced, riiiiight here:

Sans_Sprite_Shrug.png

Heh, naw. I'm not gonna leave you hanging on that one, Ramen. Mega Man was indeed the most hype-inducing character for me. He was a never-ever until Sakurai proved otherwise. I would be crushed if he was left out in future games, but I wouldn't be surprised if he will be. He's no where near as popular as other third-party characters apart from Bayonetta.

2. I love animals in general, but if cats have one advantage over dogs, it's the fact that I'm not deathly-allergic to the enzymes in their saliva (for some breeds, maybe...). I was sent to the emergency room after getting licked by my old land lord's retriever once. Normally, near-death experiences like that at such a young age (3 at the time) would traumatize anyone, but not me. I still love dogs, even if petting one is playing with fire.

3. Currently this one. The Switch is my favorite system right now by virtue of being a handheld console with similar capabilities to one. Not to mention the great relationship Nintendo's got with Microsoft. I prefer this Friendly Rivalry over the console wars of yester-years. Sony on the other hand needs to learn how to play nice, because ooo boy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom