• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Semi-Weekly AMA: Iridium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1570967975260.png

Iridium

This AMA's subject is commonly found on meteorites (does that make them alien?), and is the Ultimate Social's defacto Link player, Iridium!

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Iridium has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. We'll try to draw two names for two AMAs each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alighty, Iridium Iridium , it's all yours

I'll start:

1. What would you say was your most hype Smash reveal?
  2. What's your favorite Joycon color?
  3. What are your top 3 favorite Zelda games?

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
1. What's your favorite incarnation of Link?

2. Are you a collector of anything interesting? If so, what is it that you collect?

3. What's the most amount of time that you've ever sunk into a single game?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
1. Ever play Quest 64?

2. What is the air velocity of an unladen Swallow?

3. Yellow or Blue?

Iridium

Smash Hero
Well, let's see how this goes. I'm ready.

This AMA's subject is commonly found on meteorites (does that make them alien?), and is the Ultimate Social's defacto Link player, Iridium!

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Iridium has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. We'll try to draw two names for two AMAs each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alighty, Iridium Iridium , it's all yours

I'll start:

1. What would you say was your most hype Smash reveal?
  2. What's your favorite Joycon color?
  3. What are you're top 3 favorite Zelda games?
1. Kind of hard to choose, but I'll go with :ulthero:. Really awesome cinematic fight (and including :ultlink:), swords, and the visual effects of the "enemies" feels so legitimate.

2. Probably red. I don't really use Joy-cons, but they do have a lot of good colors, especially for anything special edition.

3. Toughest question here. Let's bring it down to BOTW, Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. Too many good ones, and I would have said Wind Waker otherwise. Majora's Mask too?

1. What's your favorite incarnation of Link?

2. Are you a collector of anything interesting? If so, what is it that you collect?

3. What's the most amount of time that you've ever sunk into a single game?
1. Saying BOTW out of bias, but I really like the focus his world has on advanced technology. Considering he could have had even more from the planning phase, it's hard to say no.

2. Collector...eh, I haven't gotten to that point just yet. Unless me being a part of the Rankings Team and finding results means something. Will collect any Zelda merchandise when I can, though.

3. I think I had a few thousand hours in just Smash 4 when I had nothing much to do and really loved doing Smash Run. Ocarina of Time is also up there, and a rather obscure JRPG, Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume, which got me into RPGs as a whole. Soon, Ultimate will take the crown, or maybe the BOTW sequel...

1. Ever play Quest 64?

2. What is the air velocity of an unladen Swallow?

3. Yellow or Blue?
1. I'm afraid not, but it's interesting how my experience with Beyond Oasis parallels Quest 64. Sega and Nintendo, and both had one even more quiet sequel. I can definitely respect your dedication to the game.

2. What do you mean? African or European swallow?

3. Very accustomed to blue for how much I see it.

What is it about Link that makes you like him so much?
The Legend of Zelda was the first franchise I ever played when I started trying videogames, and I always figured me and Link shared some similarities, at least when I'm around people.

But it's the traits he has that made me enjoy him as a character. He has a large inventory for whatever he needs to get the job done, swords are very cool to me, and he's a hero that's always around even with passing time. Plus consistently great designs, with different types of clothing adding on. Come to think of it, I can look at the DQ heroes in the same way, sort of...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Howdy!

1. Is the pen mightier than the sword?
2. You are tasked with creating an animated series. What’s the plot?
3. Swiss or Cheddar?

D

Deleted member

Whats a game or franchise that you have never tried but wanna try?
If a man is a miserable pile of secrets, then what is Dracula?
What's the thing you like the most regarding Zelda?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
1. I'm afraid not, but it's interesting how my experience with Beyond Oasis parallels Quest 64. Sega and Nintendo, and both had one even more quiet sequel. I can definitely respect your dedication to the game.

2. What do you mean? African or European swallow?

3. Very accustomed to blue for how much I see it.
Well, it doesn't have an actual sequel, cause it was cancelled. Unless that's what you mean.

Just the answer I wanted~

Blue is good, yesh.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Howdy!

1. Is the pen mightier than the sword?
2. You are tasked with creating an animated series. What’s the plot?
3. Swiss or Cheddar?
1. When you're Percy Jackson, I guess so.

2. A loner who soon forms a group of heroes with the help of his childhood friend to find and slay the demon that has tormented his town for centuries, dealing with prevalent supernatural forces along the way.

Hey, I had ideas of drawing characters just in case I ever wanted to go through with this. Maybe when I get that done, I can explain more in full detail, but that's the main gist of it.

3. Would say Cheddar because I use that more, but I like both...so both.

Whats a game or franchise that you have never tried but wanna try?
If a man is a miserable pile of secrets, then what is Dracula?
What's the thing you like the most regarding Zelda?
1. There's a few, but I'd say it's a toss up between Shin Megami Tensei and Devil May Cry, which I guess would also mean Persona by extension for me.

Now that I've had some playtime in Dragon Quest, I need to find a way to play more games so I can fit in with the fanbase.

2. "If my existence itself makes me savage, is that not the result of this world? Are not all the people of this age savages as well? If so, I should be a shining beacon for what this world wants me to be: the one to lead them. Do you not agree?"

3. Probably it's approach to battle; I find it more unique than most other Nintendo franchises in regards to that, and it has a lot of deep lore to dig into. Which is why I want an updated Hyrule Historia to release whenever possible.

Well, it doesn't have an actual sequel, cause it was cancelled. Unless that's what you mean.

Just the answer I wanted~

Blue is good, yesh.
Oh, it was cancelled? The original doesn't seem bad at least, especially for something from the N64 era.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh, it was cancelled? The original doesn't seem bad at least, especially for something from the N64 era.
Sadly so. Was going to have two playable characters, male or female, and took place somewhere around... 100 years after if I remember right. Nothing but concept art came out.

Otherwise, it does have some remakes and a spin-off. It's kind of complicated, since there's multiple language versions. Essentially, with everything combined, there's 5 unique games overall with any actual gameplay changes or completely different games(the only real difference among the Puzzle spin-off is the European version has language select and a cool manual, but that's it). The US version is one game, then it has 3 language variance for the European versions, then there's the updated Japanese version. The remake, for the Gameboy, has a US version, and then a Japanese version which is more updated. The key difference is the Gameboy games were developed at the same time but released near each other(JP version released first despite having more content/options), whereas the JP version of the 64 game released quite a bit later and is a proper updated port by all means And well, the puzzle spin-off is the same for both games for the most part.

It's more complicated than that, but that's a pretty quick gist of it.

D

Deleted member

1. Most wanted newcomer?
2. Favorite meme?
3. What music are you into right now?

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
  1. Have you ever shot a bow in real life?
  2. Which image in my signature do you like better?
  3. Would you rather take punches from ten professional boxers simultaneously, or be launched half a mile away from a cannon?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
  1. What is the chemical formula for Iridium?
  2. What is your Final Fantasy of choice?
  3. You are given the choice of either becoming a Pokemon or dying. Which do you choose? And what kind of Pokemon or Ghost do you become?

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
1. Most wanted newcomer?
2. Favorite meme?
3. What music are you into right now?
1. Ryu Hayabusa, of course. I got both Erdrick and Terry from my wishlist, so why not go further?

3. Death/thrash metal. I don't know how I got here.

1. Have you ever shot a bow in real life?
  2. Which image in my signature do you like better?
  3. Would you rather take punches from ten professional boxers simultaneously, or be launched half a mile away from a cannon?
1. That's only a dream, wish I could say yes.

2. Uh...first one?

3. Have to admit, being punch bait would be fun.

1. What is the chemical formula for Iridium?
  2. What is your Final Fantasy of choice?
  3. You are given the choice of either becoming a Pokemon or dying. Which do you choose? And what kind of Pokemon or Ghost do you become?
1. Ir; in other words, a ton of Zelda appreciation. Maybe I should show that a bit more, eh?

2. Probably FF VII, but if not that, then FF IV.

3. I'd like to be a Gallade, perhaps. Mega Evolution makes him even more flashy, and I'll take a cape.

Iridium

Smash Hero
1. How are you feeling today?
2. Do you think the Link's Awakening remake is worth it?
3. When are you gonna raise my boi up a few tiers on your list? :yoshi:
1. Mixed feelings, but okay right now.

2. Well, it gave the original even more attention it deserves while being great itself. Probably not something that needs to be $60, but I can see why it is.

3. Oh, I think he's a good character, but I haven't really used him very much, but there's a lot of characters I could say this for now. I made my own list outdated on that regard, but maybe I'll make another list.

Iridium

Smash Hero
1. who is your favorite character to fight against in smash?
2. Favorite Movie?
3. Have you been to any smash tournament? If so, how was the experience?
1. If I'm being honest, I always liked fighting :ultsnake: more than most people. It's either him or :ultzss: to me.

2. Tough question, so I'd just go with the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy.

3. Nope, no tournament yet. I imagined I would find online tourneys first to take part in than offline, but yeah, I can't give much info on experience.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
1. If I'm being honest, I always liked fighting :ultsnake: more than most people. It's either him or :ultzss: to me.

2. Tough question, so I'd just go with the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy.

3. Nope, no tournament yet. I imagined I would find online tourneys first to take part in than offline, but yeah, I can't give much info on experience.
Yeah I’m actually fine with Snake as well, he might be spammy but I feel like he’s still fun to fight. His dash attack always gets me though..

when paired all together I don’t think any movie experience can compare with the LOTR trilogy. Still looks amazing almost 20 years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom