• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Semi-Weekly AMA: Bolderousness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Bolderousness

This AMA's subject is a member of the Ultimate Social DQ Club, and is a mean gambler, who has already put his Smashboards life on the line multiple times with absurd account deleting bets. He got lucky with Hero and Banjo. He better hope he's just as lucky with Geno, or else his precious internet points go bye bye! Give it up for Bolderousness!

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Bolderousness has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. We'll try to draw two names for two AMAs each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

'kay, @Bolderousness, whenever you're ready!

I'll start:
  1. What are your top 3 favorite films?
  2. Cats or dogs?
  3. What's your favorite Dragon Quest game?

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
1. I would assume that your avatar is in your likeness. Is this true?
2. What are your aspirations in life?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
  1. a man is framed in killing his mother in a horrific car accident. before he is sent to jail, the imposter visits him and tells him not to do it. out of anger, he kills him and searches him to find a time machine. he decides to use it to save his mother and clear his name, all with a little help from the man who ruined his life. when he is in jail, he considers the man's words and thinks what he does may disrupt the time space continuum. he changes his mind, but suddenly, something horrible occurs. on a scale of ten to yes, how much does baboom win?
  2. i have nothing else to ask.

D

Deleted member

****ing finally. Let's dig into this.

I'll start:​
  1. What are your top 3 favorite films?
  2. Cats or dogs?
  3. What's your favorite Dragon Quest game?
  1. Man, I haven't watched a movie since last summer. That was like Spiderman Homecoming, and I guess that was pretty epic all things considered. If I had to list out movies that I could just go back to constantly, here's what I'd say.
    1. Batman The Dark Knight: Phenomenal movie. Pacing, writing, characters, themes, humor. It has it all, compared to the other two Nolan where they--for some reason--tried to build up the Batman when they should have just gave him to us immediately. That and Heath Ledger's Joker is iconic. It's one of the reasons I don't wanna watch the new Joker movie. Not only does the Batman need Joker, I'm worried that the Joker should need Batman. Similarly to my other complaint with the Nolan movies, I don't want the Joker built up. I want the Joker at his full force.
    2. Hunchback of Notre Dame: Favorite Disney movie as far as I care. It's like if Disney just stopped giving a **** about the dark tones and just said exactly what they wanted to say. I love it. The religious discussion is intriguing and mature, and Hellfire is such a good song.
    3. Princess Mononoke: You ever just sit on the sidelines of two people arguing and wish they would just see how unnecessarily wrathful they were being? I think Princess Mononoke is a great way to establish that primal human emotion on a grand scale while telling a cool story. It's just beautiful to watch and the designs for creatures and people are top notch. It's also incredibly gruesome and I have no issue with that.
  2. Dogs. I am in no way biased by the two dogs I currently have.
  3. Probably 9. I've historically **** on this game in the past mainly due to its generic story and ugly visuals (being on the DS), but it probably has my favorite version of the class system and multiplayer opens up so much opportunity with your friends and family. It's also the first DQ game I beat so I am nostalgically biased.
1. I would assume that your avatar is in your likeness. Is this true?
2. What are your aspirations in life?
  1. Correct. I like using drawn pictures of myself for avatars. In high school, I dedicated myself to an art forum, so I met a lot of artists and received a lot of drawings. This one specifically was commissioned because I haven't had a drawing of me in about a year, and it is pretty faithful, even the pencil in the ear. Here's the full image.
  2. Graduate college with a degree in mechanical engineering is the big one right now. College is pretty with the friends I have and it gives me an opportunity to workout and practice self-defense like boxing. Beyond college is just sustaining a reasonable amount of living. Chair, desk, bed, fridge, closet, etc; it's a boring list. I don't really have a dream job and I can't see the reason for wanting a family. Despite that, I'm living the life--though my grades need to get better or else I risk getting kicked out lol.
  1. Favorite food?
  2. How many times have you rode in a taxi?
  3. On a scale of 1 to 100, how "bolderous" are you?
  1. Favorite food? Slap me with some of that Mac n Cheese, boy!
  2. Uh... Took one to homecoming and then used Uber to get to places not in walking distance. At most, I'd say, 20-30 times.
  3. The correct answer is always 69.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
1. Who is your favorite DQ character?
2. If you could change one thing in Smash, what would it be?
3. What is your favorite Smash stage?

D

Deleted member

Okay
  1. a man is framed in killing his mother in a horrific car accident. before he is sent to jail, the imposter visits him and tells him not to do it. out of anger, he kills him and searches him to find a time machine. he decides to use it to save his mother and clear his name, all with a little help from the man who ruined his life. when he is in jail, he considers the man's words and thinks what he does may disrupt the time space continuum. he changes his mind, but suddenly, something horrible occurs. on a scale of ten to yes, how much does baboom win?
  2. i have nothing else to ask.
  1. Here's how I see it. The man should go back in time. If he does not, our future will have Baboom win. Do you understand the implications of this? Here's what's going to happen. Baboom will be heavily marketed by Gamefreak in the coming Generation 8 titles. Using his social media clout, Baboom will spread all across the internet through memes and fanart. Through seemingly benign internet videos, Baboom's war drums will be heard by various apes around the world. This is not a simple charming song. This is a call to action. A call to war against humanity. If Baboom reaches the global ape market, thousands of simians around the world will mobilize their forces. They will learn basic human communication and advanced USSR Spetnaz military training. Following this, they'll use their influence on the black market to hoard all of the illegal firearms before issuing a global tet offensive. They'll start with the U.S. because that's the strongest military. From there, they will launch nukes across the globe to weaken other civilizations. While other countries could retaliate with their own nuclear weapons, it'll be too late. The apes have already infiltrated their government and assumed total control. Do you want this Panda? Do you want Planet of the Apes!? The man has to go back in time to avert this future by destroying Grookey as a concept.
  2. Your second question is disappointing.
  1. Who?
  2. What?
  3. When?
  4. Where?
  5. Why?
  6. How?
  1. Who? More like BOOOOOOOO. This question sucks.
  2. What? More like what the hell kinda question is that?
  3. When? More like when are you going to ask some real questions?
  4. Where? More like where the hell do you get off asking this ****?
  5. Why? More like die.
  6. How? More like how did you even get past second grade?

Also thanks for responding, TPC! Love you bb xoxo

1. Who is your favorite DQ character?
2. If you could change one thing in Smash, what would it be?
3. What is your favorite Smash stage?
  1. That's a good question. You know, I really dig Alena from Dragon Quest 4. She's everything you did not imagine her to be.
  2. *Claps* Add *claps* Pac *claps* Maze!
  3. Favorite stage is probably Midgar. I don't really know much about FF 7, but it's a stage where the hazards are predictable and aren't too intrusive, and visually it looks exciting. My cousins and I both love it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
1. Usual "Ever play Quest 64?"
2. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
3. Fire or Water?

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
1. What's with the pencil sticking out on the right side of your head? It looks like you need to see A&E Dude.

D

Deleted member

Clsssic one, whats game/franchise that you wanna try but haven't played yet?
The King of England has come to invade your backyard, what do you do?
If you were a DQ hero or companion, who would you be?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
1. What is the circumference of a moose?

2. What name would you choose for yourself if you were a rapper, and what would you even rap about?

3. What is the best way to train people to see the gradients in the world around them instead of just a simplistic “this is good, that is wrong” view of the world?

D

Deleted member

1. Usual "Ever play Quest 64?"
2. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
3. Fire or Water?
  1. I've heard about it, but something doesn't appeal to me. Being an early N64 RPG will do that, and god bless the N64--but it takes a lot for me to play those games these days.
  2. As much as she sells seashells by the seashore.
  3. Given how we need to stay hydrated on a daily basis, I gotta stand by water. Specifically, clear Aquafina water. Never go a day without it.
1. What's with the pencil sticking out on the right side of your head? It looks like you need to see A&E Dude.
  1. I'm the sort who always keeps a pencil in his ear. Many people keep their pencils in their pockets or backpacks, or even just leave them on the table. I say, "That's how you misplace your pencils." If you want a constant place to keep your pencil--a place that will always have a pencil when you need it, it'll always be between the ear.

D

Deleted member

God I need a break from writing this paper. Let me write here instead.

Clsssic one, whats game/franchise that you wanna try but haven't played yet?
The King of England has come to invade your backyard, what do you do?
If you were a DQ hero or companion, who would you be?
  1. So after Dragon Quest, I plan on diving into Final Fantasy. It's another RPG series with a huge legacy and it's not overly punishing or complicated. Plus a chunk of them are available on mobile so why not? My plan is to do FF 1-7, 9, and 15. I also plan to do Resident Evil, but that's if I lose a bet.
  2. Call the cops. You're in America, boy. Play by our rules.
  3. I'd say Dragon Quest 8's hero is probably the character I resonate with most. He's no destined chosen one or adventurer looking to slay monsters out of boredom. He's just a dude who wants to help his friend, and I respect that completely. Also haven't beaten DQ 5 yet, so maybe that'll change later.
1. What is the circumference of a moose?

2. What name would you choose for yourself if you were a rapper, and what would you even rap about?

3. What is the best way to train people to see the gradients in the world around them instead of just a simplistic “this is good, that is wrong” view of the world?
  1. I usually have a witty response for every random question that's thrown my way, but not today. Congrats Tito, you win. GG. Thread canceled.
  2. If I was a rapper, I'd choose the name MC Bold and I'd rap about how much I don't want to rap. Unfortunately, I don't think my debut album would sell well.
  3. Patience. Bigotry is established by habits, and you can't change habits overnight. It requires daily effort, not just for the person, but for you--the mentor--as well. If you can't be consistent, firm, and level-headed, what basis should anybody else follow? It's not easy and it sure as hell wont feel productive when you don't see immediate results, but it's the right way to handle these relationships that nobody wants to admit. It might make you into a Knight in Sour Armor one day, but I'd say that makes you ahead of the rest.
Another question: what is your favorite cheese?
Depends on what it's in. I love American cheese in my Mac n' cheese and grilled cheese sandwiches. I love Velveeta in the gourmet mac n' cheese. Those are the top two for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom