• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Semi-Weekly AMA: Bakugan2556

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1575289807100.png

Bakugan2556

This AMA's subject is an expert on obscure card games: Bakugan2556!

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Bakugan2556 has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. We'll try to draw two names for two AMAs each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alrighty, @Bakugan2556, all yours

I'll start:

1. What would you say was your most hype Smash reveal?
  2. What are your top 3 favorite movies
  3. What are your top 3 favorite card games?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. How did you get into your favourite animes?
2. Which platform or site you use to check them if it is allowed to be said?
3. Thoughts on Yu-Gi Oh?

D

Deleted member

tumblr_b34b0ce595190a13672dcb493c928130_27e30c7b_500.gif

1. How did you get into your favourite animes?
2. Which platform or site you use to check them ov if it is allowed to be said?
3. Thoughts on Yu-Gi Oh?
1. Well, tis a long story. most of which I don't remember. but to sum it up:
I was watching TV one day in our houses tv room(yes we had a room for that) and then this advert came on:
(I dunno if it was that specific one, but knowing my memory, probably is.)
Anyway, being the 10-year-old that I was, I looked up what it was ON THE TV. obviously, nada nothing.

Again, I dunno when or how, but a few months later, a youtube ad popped up, not of the same video, but it was the launch of Buddyfight.
So I guess you could say I've been a loyal fan of Buddyfight from the start(although I did drop it for a few years, probably because other things at that time piked my interest more)

2 Unless you're talking about Buddyfight, usually it varies a bit. Youtube usually is my jam so I can sort of "demo" animes that might interest me.
Otherwise, it's just Youtube really.

3 I'm gonna go over both the anime and card game, since you didn't specify which.

Anime: for what it tries to do(tell a story, while also being an advert for the cards) it fails miserably at. it's one of the main reasons I tend not to do Yugioh anime ****posts, there just isn't enough interesting or varied content to use.
If anything thou, Buddyfight pretty much kicks their ass, anime-wise. (well, unless we're talking about DDD, which is pretty much the ARC-V to the series as much as Yugioh.)

Card Game: Again, it's fine for what it does, and NGL if I wasn't a big weeaboo a few years back, I wouldn't really be the same(Bought a old Shonen Jump at my Middle School's book fair a few years back, and it had a small demo deck, along with a $50 Signed Dark Magician. I still have it, just a bit beat up from not being in a sleeve for a few months, so basically worth around $20 at best. I'm pretty much saying that Yugioh is the root of my obsession with card games :p)

I'll start:

1. What would you say was your most hype Smash reveal?
  2. What are your top 3 favorite movies
  3. What are your top 3 favorite card games?
1. For me personally, Banjo honestly. Like, it was a safe pick and all, and I've said in the past I didn't really care for him, but just the reactions to his reveal honestly made me think. Alot.
2. dammit this will be a toughie.
Okay, here goes!

1) Detective Pikachu
great movie, one of my best of all time, the CGI definitely was a bit uncanny valley at first, but I came round to it.
2) The Lego Movie
Pretty much defined how a movie based on a toy should be; actually about that product(looking at you, Playmobil Movie)
3) The Lego Batman Movie
See above, but also just expanded on the concept.

3. Honestly, this is a lot tougher than you may think, because you didn't really specific by what metric.
So, lemme do a thing really quick:

By Gameplay:
Buddyfight. Like, i'm not even joking when I say while they do have a banlist, it's literally only about 5-10 cards.
Hell, there's really only been one major loop(Zetta loop involving you calling a bunch of crap over and over to trigger effects during the Final Phase because Gemclone exists) and it got nerfed via one of the few erratas really fast.

By Skill level(aka how high of a skill ceiling does the game have)
Magic the Gathering, by a long shot.
I quite literally only play Commander, so I can't speak of other formats, but the challenge of figuring out the right combination of cards and amount of lands(along with almost always needing a draw engine because 99-card dek) and the challenge of having to build only in your Commander's specific colors?
Really annoying to build, really fun to get that win off in a 1v1(but games take ****ing forever)

By just personal opinion:
Yugioh is honestly pretty fun, but only if it's not a Tier 0 format(shudders in PePe)
My main issue is how the game has pretty much become "search wincon turn one" and not "slowly but surely, bring out your boss monster, but your opponent is doing the same"

Okay, that's all the questions that I can see while I'm typing this, so for now I have to dash(bout to hit a wifi dead zone, so won't be able to answer anymore questions)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

1. Favorite food?
  2. Have you ever thrown a boomerang?
  3. Would you rather be able to control space, or time?
1. Ramen
c86.gif

2. I've held boomerangs before, but never actually thrown one.

3. It that even a question?
1575313333804.png

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
If you could make a new Summon type for Yu-Gi-Oh (like Fusion, Ritual, Synchro, Xyz, etc) what would you make?
You have to get rid of one Smash game from the series, doing this takes away those characters introduced in that game from every future Smash game, which do you choose?
What character from any series would you like to see in Smash, not limited to video games?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
  1. Have you played the Dragonball Super card game? It's my current favorite.
  2. What's your dream car?
  3. When you see a partially filled glass of water, is it half empty or half full?

D

Deleted member

If you could make a new Summon type for Yu-Gi-Oh (like Fusion, Ritual, Synchro, Xyz, etc) what would you make?
You have to get rid of one Smash game from the series, doing this takes away those characters introduced in that game from every future Smash game, which do you choose?
What character from any series would you like to see in Smash, not limited to video games?
I would prefer if you numbered them, but whatevs

1. Dunno about specifics, but something in the extra deck that you can't summon, but instead can be used to negate one attack while also ignoring all of the attacking monster's effects, then is banished face-down. Call it "U-Guard" Monsters.

2. Hmm, that's a toughy. Probably Brawl, just because I'm not a fan of like all of the newcomers(outside of Pit, really)

3. I could name like 50 different characters here, but I'll just stick with one for now:
1575314383731.png

Demon Lord, Batzz!

1. Have you played the Dragonball Super card game? It's my current favorite.
  2. What's your dream car?
  3. When you see a partially filled glass of water, is it half empty or half full?
1. I've heard of it, but no, haven't played it. Chances are, if there's an obscure card game out there, it's a 50/50 that I've played it, and pretty high chance I've at least heard of it.

2. I know next to nothing about cars, so a motorcycle ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

3. I'm not going to fall for this sh-Half empty

D

Deleted member

1. Ever play Quest 64?
2. Old or new Bakugan?
1. I've not heard of it, no.

2. gonna be as unbiased as possible.
For me, it's a pretty hard decision.
Like, I have a little experience with Old Bakugan(never anything comp, thou) but I haven't go my hands on anything from New Bakugan.

I mean, I def prefer the whole "Pit your win engine vs your opponent" gameplay O Bakugan had, but New Bakugan is interesting as a blatant gameplay-thief from MTG(THE WHOLE ENERGY THING IS JUST LANDS from MTG, BUT WITH ONE MINOR DIFFERENCE LMAO)
Using mill(and not just "use cards as damage, once damage = X, you lose" from Vanguard or Bushiroads other TCGS) as the games standard win con... is interesting...to say the least.

NGL, NEW Bakugan definitely has the potential to be super fun, but right now, i'm not seeing it. so, Old Bakugan for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom