• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seibrik Does It Again: New DDD Specific AT!

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Those pesky MK's got you down?

Can't quite land that finishing blow?

Someone living till 200% for some reason, and you can't seem to land that dam utilt when you want to?

Well have I got news for you.

For now I'm calling it Inhale Releasing.

Essentially, one thing you can do when someone mashes out of ur inhale, is....
UTILT.

There are alot of specifics about this that I need to clear up, and it works on just about EVERY character, including MK, but....

I'm going to leave it at that.

I'll explain how it works, how to do it, how to use it effectively, and its other beneficial mixups later in a video I'm working on.

PLEASE do not post about this in other boards like tactical, or at least do so responsibly. DO NOT hype this up, I don't want another DASC incident.

But I will say it's WAY more useful/probable/LESS situational.

It IS useful.
It WILL get you free hits at low%.
AND KILLS at lowest possible kill %. (100ish)

VIDEO is HEREEEE

Happy thanksgiving everyone. Let's eat penguinerrrr turkey :)

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yfMoegHvcY

any questions or comments can be left in this thread or the video itself, or in messages. i will not hunt down questions about this in other locations, so they will all be ignored.

Discuss? :)

Coney

Smash Master
is it just exactly as it sounds? holding someone in inhale until they mash out and then utilting? or is there a bit of preparation for it?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
sounds cool. i'll be looking out for this.

people will be scared of getting inhaled now. too good

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I'll give a hint to a problem I worked out.

You MUST buffer utilt.

But... how do you buffer a move while someone is inside of you, when any button you press causes you to shoot him?

It must be buffered to connect. You can't react and eyeball the breakout, then utilt.

Coney

Smash Master
no coney dont learn this o_0
whatever man, i'm tired of nearly killing MKs with a throw because they're too fast and avoid all of my killers @_@

i'ma learn this and enjoy it, especially since inhale is one of my staples :3

EDIT - do you buffer with c-stick maybe? i know A releases them, so if you hold up on the analog and slam up on the c-stick, would it still let them go?

forgive me if i'm spoiling anything, i'm just fascinated by the prospect!!

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
going to bed, stop tryin to figure it out. ur efforts are better spent waiting.

i just wanted to get this out there before someone else claims it as theirs :p

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
If what I'm thinking is what you're talking about, then all the opponent has to do is NOTHING, and your AT won't work... Since after a set time period of inhaling someone, DDD automatically spits them out.

Coney

Smash Master
if what you say is true this could effectively change the MK/DDD matchup entirely...

also, i can only imagine the hilarious stalemate that occurs when DDD inhales someone--he can spit them out for 10% or they sit and wait, and then SURPRISE

does DDD really spit them out after a certain amount of time? i assumed that they broke free if we didn't do anything, like a grab release...

if not, it'll be like smash 64, where DK would put someone on his back for an infinite and they just wouldn't struggle and it'd end up in a stalemate.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
If what I'm thinking is what you're talking about, then all the opponent has to do is NOTHING, and your AT won't work... Since after a set time period of inhaling someone, DDD automatically spits them out.
Not everyone will learn this.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
DDDcide that ho

Ehh... so buffer Utilt while they're struggling? Sounds 'effective', though it feels better if I just spit them out and spam Dsmash at 200% lol.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Ack! sounds interesting, can't wait for the vid.

Could Kirby do this as well?

Zip.

Smash Lord
This sounds amazing(if its what i think it is.)
cant wait for the vid x]

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
While this is true and it would avoid the utilt directly, and the utilt will only be possible to do while standing still (me thinks, i just duno if the human fingers would be able to do it while walking on reaction to their breakout as well)

but

Them not struggling will cause a few things to happen:

You can simply spit them out for ur damage, that's not a losing situation, u still got rewarded for inhaling them.

You also get a free mixup of, since ur not struggling, free DDDcide.

AND if you start walkin to the ledge, the next trick I have will cover the "i gotta mash out now" option. AND will also be a way of protecting yourself against the only thing they can do about the utilt, which is don't DI at all and mash footstool only.

I basically came across three problems when discovering this, and for each one, a very beneficial solution.

Just be patient, all answers will come specifically, in due time.

I just want everyone to know, let's call it the meta game of 2010, everyone is aware of this manuever. They choose to NEVER break out while ur standing still if they're at kill% knowing what can come if they happen to DI even the slightest bit (btw i believe i have a way to manipulate their DI, but that's another story). So they only mash if ur walking now.

Well the trick I have for that option is ALMOST worse than utilt. It's better than utilt at NOT kill%, and can even possibly lead into you getting another inhale depending on character and %.

Just enjoy it when it comes, I sure have.

***EDIT***

I'm going to class right now, can someone test something for me by 11?

Will someone shoot out eventually if your in the middle of walking?

Will someone shoot out eventually if your in the middle of turning? (inhale, spam buffer turns)

If for either of these cases, they release instead of shoot out, please let me know. DOO NOT MASH AT ALL!!!

Jupz

Smash Master
Wait if we don't mash at all then wouldn't they just get shot out anyway?

This sounds so great, can't wait to hear all about it. Amazing discovery seibrik. Sorry I can't test at the moment because I left my other controller at my dads house :(

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Ack! sounds interesting, can't wait for the vid.

Could Kirby do this as well?
Short version:
No.

Long Version:
I tried this with Kirby after seeing how easy it is for Dedede to do it. (and wow is it easy) 2 problems arose. (The first of which I knew all about)

1. Kirby's Inhale releases forward while Dedede's releases upward. (I could stop right here)

2. Kirby can't buffer any attacks out of inhale fast enough. His opponent always has a frame advantage.

I tried the release with Dedede Kirby as well and got...odd results.

As it turns out, Dedede Kirby's inhale release is programed exactly like D3's. And I mean EXACTLY like his.

It releases upward, but, here's the weird part, it releases opponents at the exact point that D3's would.
What I mean by this is that when the opponent escapes, they TELEPORT to the exact height that Dedede's release is at and THEN they rise upward.

Because they release so high, Kirby has absolutely no follow-up to it. /sidetopic

I did notice something about Dedede's release though.

If you continuously force him to jump, you should have about a 30-70 shot at escaping since if he releases you in the air, he has to hit the ground again before he can Up-Tilt and there's a small bit of landing lag so together that should make it escapable.

I say 30-70 because even when being forced to jump, Dedede is still on the ground more than he's in the air.

I gotta say CGs are looking better by minute.

D3 has this shenanigan.
ICs have....certain death.
Falco has his D-Air spike.

All we need now is a guaranteed QAC Lock to Thunder setup for Pikachu and call it a day.

Bwa

Smash Cadet
Can the opponent wait we really jump to the dddcide and then footstool us ? :x

Really want to this the vid. =o

TlocCPU

Smash Apprentice
Just figured out how to do it. It's not guaranteed but it's still very dangerous. Good find I'll wait for seibrik to explain it himself

Master Raven

Smash Master
*Seibrik on Ravens account**

if u wana avoid the bounce animation than do one of two things

walk and hold shield while they're in you

or just keep quick turning

the quick turning here is the trick guys.

while quick turning, im assuming u can do it with kirby to, gona test that right now, but while quick turning u can't shoot, so u can mash A, while holding up, slightly pushing up left or up right to turn, then as soon as they release, u get the utilt if u timed it right.

there's a bit more info i gotta give before u have everything u need to start inhale releasing effectively though. finishing up some character specific testing, recording later tonight

video should be done round.... wednesday?

depending on how much studying (for school) i do.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Dat oterh awesome Seibrik combo?

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
when everyone overhyped dasc to the point where people thought it'd be the wavedash of brawl

TlocCPU

Smash Apprentice
Socal is already going to take the **** from this
I've been practicing it

Top Bottom