• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seibrik Does It Again: New DDD Specific AT!

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
FIRST PAGE UPDATED WITH WORKING VID

Enjoy guys, happy thanksgiving.

Consider this my resignation.

The faster people find out about this, the faster the smarter DDD's can use it as an actual mindgame from inhale to inhale instead of guessing who knows how to get out with what half the time.

It IS escapable, but nearly everything that can be done to escape it is punishble sometimes based off predictions, sometimes based of reactions.

GO!

tekkie

Smash Master
i dont see an obvious explanation, and i'd like to think it's more complex than twirl around and utilt when they bust out.

clowsui

Smash Legend
i play falco as you can see from my user =P i also play marth

in order to escape i don't mash, right? but how do i input the command that comes immediately after i release? e.g. falco bair marth counter or something..

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Wow this is amazing <3 I need to start practicing it, I want to watch a tournament video where someone has this AT down to see how effective it is in an actual match

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Please for the love of God, DO NOT spread this to other places, just **** people in tourney with it and spread it that way.

I actually play DDD and am running a tourney in 1.5 weeks, ill have to master this before then.

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
if they don't mash out they'll get automatically spit out, not released, but not mashing out, as seibrik said, runs the risk of getting dddcided

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
if people mash chances are u can get a utilt, so spin around and hold shield normally air chase, but if u notice they're mashers, then the next time spin around and utilt instead

mixxxxx up

and i would perfer if people knew all they're options (why i made the video) so the smarter player can win, and the person doing the inhale release is still at an advantagous position, so i'd rather KNOW my opponent knows his options so i can better mind game him, then hope he does or doesnt know about it

GreenFox

Smash Ace
From the video this looks like it will help the snake matchup definitely which I always pick dedede against snakes so Im happy :)

bmaster77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bobatapioca
what if your oppenent doesn't mash? then they will get spitout automatically after a certain amount of time

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Mother****ing wiimote nunchuck version or GTFO!!! :mad:

Seriously, all you GCN users are killing me here...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Unless you are at an abnormally high %, you can hold off on mashing and when you see him go to the edge or even once he is over the edge, mash and get out safely. If the Dedede has the same stock count as me, I doubt he would suicide or attempt to suicide on purpose. Maybe if the other guy had a 70%+ lead or something, but worst case scenario is that the match becomes even when you both die. Also, you actually can mash while he is on stage, but you have to stop before you would "break" free from it. If you mash for, half a second or so and then stop, it shortens the time you are stuck in his stomach while also not making you vulnerable to the mash release. This effectively kills the threat of Dedede walking off, combined with good mashing if/when he does walk offstage.

If Dedede is down in stocks, he definitely isn't gonna walk off anytime soon. If he is up, then you would actually have to slightly worry about that scenario.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Unless you are at an abnormally high %, you can hold off on mashing and when you see him go to the edge or even once he is over the edge, mash and get out safely. If the Dedede has the same stock count as me, I doubt he would suicide or attempt to suicide on purpose. Maybe if the other guy had a 70%+ lead or something, but worst case scenario is that the match becomes even when you both die. Also, you actually can mash while he is on stage, but you have to stop before you would "break" free from it. If you mash for, half a second or so and then stop, it shortens the time you are stuck in his stomach while also not making you vulnerable to the mash release. This effectively kills the threat of Dedede walking off, combined with good mashing if/when he does walk offstage.

If Dedede is down in stocks, he definitely isn't gonna walk off anytime soon. If he is up, then you would actually have to slightly worry about that scenario.
You've never played me :colorful:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I thought it takes longer to mash out at a higher % if Dedede is falling with you? IDK I remember hearing or seeing something like that awhile back. That's interesting to know though.

If you thought I crushed this "dream", you should see have of Saviors Legacy's Threads.

Top Bottom