• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seibrik Does It Again: New DDD Specific AT!

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Right, so any time you have a lead, or its last stock and ur opponent is at kill %, ur at like 20,

and u get an inhale, ur not gona start walkin to the ledge?

they're not gona start mashing?

ad this point, yes, u can start spining instead of walkin, and go for an utilt, or shield (people with footstool--->combo is defeated by ur shield) and if they went for footstool to combo, on shield, u can now punish with utilt most likely, or at least jump bair.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Which was the next thing I've been working on. Obv any inhale near a ledge is good.

But specifically vs characters u can chaingrab, a good setup is:

chaingrab, instead of doing the last grab or ftilt like i like doing,
then shorthop a bit forward, delay, then inhale if they don't roll behind u right away.
if they roll behind u, dont inhale, fastfall and grab, chaingrab back across the stage.

or u can be a fudging G and outright predict the roll and reverse inhale. lol

so then u start spining so they don't wana mash, waste like 3 spins (which is like 2 seconds or so, take a step or two toward the edge, then the secondu hear mashing, start the turn process again cuz they're gona be comin out fast, and mash utilt. by then that should get them.

worst comes to worst they dont mash out fast enough and they just get shot out, ur still gaining % and some reward for your proper read and initial inhale, the POSSIBILITIES of more is just worth knowing, and worth going for IMO.

and if they footstool ur shield and u just stay on the ground, don't jump up there or anything, the best thing u can prolly do is just take the advantagous position, and air chase them (wait for them to land--> punish)

which again, imo, is better than settling for just shooting them out.

so IF lets say, that's the ONLY thing we end up consistantly get out of this at top levels of play, than it's still worth it, and im glad i did my job in discovering this and everything involved in it.

i'll be working on the video tonight, expect it to be done and out by tomorrow night the latest.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I was under the impression that if a person broke free, that they could move before Dedede could.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Main Entry: im·pres·sion
Pronunciation: \im-ˈpre-shən\
Function: noun
Date: 14th century

1 a : a characteristic, trait, or feature resulting from some influence <the impression on behavior produced by the social milieu> b : an effect of alteration or improvement <the settlement left little impression on the wilderness> c : a telling image impressed on the senses or the mind
2 : the effect produced by impressing: as a : a stamp, form, or figure resulting from physical contact b : an imprint of the teeth and adjacent portions of the jaw for use in dentistry c : an especially marked and often favorable influence or effect on feeling, sense, or mind
3 : the act of impressing: as a : an affecting by stamping or pressing b : a communicating of a mold, trait, or character by an external force or influence
4 a : the amount of pressure with which an inked printing surface deposits its ink on the paper b : one instance of the meeting of a printing surface and the material being printed; also : a single print or copy so made c : all the copies (as of a book) printed in one continuous operation from a single makeready
5 : an often indistinct or imprecise notion or remembrance
6 a : the first coat of color in painting b : a coat of paint for ornament or preservation
7 : an imitation or representation of salient features in an artistic or theatrical medium; especially : an imitation in caricature of a noted personality as a form of theatrical entertainment

For some of these definitions, I can't get under a new impression.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Holy **** DMG is my dad. :O
On another note, I was succesful in my attempts to do this.
However I still await the video, and for seibrik to display all the options this new technique covers.

I also need to outline my avi in purple.
Idk how though D:.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Alby, we are all, or at least I am, keeping an eye on this thread for the vid to be uploaded. I can't let you do this to me in a tourney match. ;)

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
glad to see this has been aiding everyone in some way.

im really sick so bare with me, and have been studyin today and ****.

workin on the vid more tomorrow between school and work(if i can go to work) then again after i study after work.....

tomorrow's gona be a busy day.

like i said, friday the latest.

Jupz

Smash Master
Even if you get them at the edge, they can wait until you're off and then immediately start mashing. Still I've been able to do this consistently and should work once or twice in tourney.

I've also been able to land a Bair out of this, WTF? They released and they got hit bu a Bair all of a sudden I was on the ground in Bair lag.

TlocCPU

Smash Apprentice
Even if you get them at the edge, they can wait until you're off and then immediately start mashing. Still I've been able to do this consistently and should work once or twice in tourney.

I've also been able to land a Bair out of this, WTF? They released and they got hit bu a Bair all of a sudden I was on the ground in Bair lag.
Got this to work as well. If they break out during dedede's little dumb bounce animation and you buffer side A, you will bair or fair depending on which way you are facing. You can also get about 3% of the uair from this

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
this is a fantastic AT, i'm going to use it in the next tourney i go to

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
Those pesky MK's got you down?

Can't quite land that finishing blow?

Someone living till 200% for some reason, and you can't seem to land that dam utilt when you want to?

Well have I got news for you.

For now I'm calling it Inhale Releasing.

Essentially, one thing you can do when someone mashes out of ur inhale, is....
UTILT.

There are alot of specifics about this that I need to clear up, and it works on just about EVERY character, including MK, but....

I'm going to leave it at that.

I'll explain how it works, how to do it, how to use it effectively, and its other beneficial mixups later in a video I'm working on.

PLEASE do not post about this in other boards like tactical, or at least do so responsibly. DO NOT hype this up, I don't want another DASC incident.

But I will say it's WAY more useful/probable/LESS situational.

It IS useful.
It WILL get you free hits at low%.
AND KILLS at lowest possible kill %. (100ish)

I will have a video up with everything by friday the latest, and tuesdayish the earliest. Don't rush it or question it.
Just trust me.
This works.
And it's good....
Ling Ling was doing this like 6 or 7 months ago. We all thought it was known > .> No Joke

Btw, he stopped doing it because it got too predictable. You have to wait (quite) a bit till they get out. At some point the opponent stops mashing or Dairs (depending on the Char) it when they get out.

What he did was, after he used B, he started to walk towards the edge. Every one mashes in that Situation (duh).

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
amazing statement, too bad ive said such things about 8 times.

and he may have been doing the utilt, but theres much more to be shown, ive gone over most of it though.

It's just a matter of king ddd knowing all his options and on reaction to what the opponent is doing after the inhale, reacting with the right, and most lethal one.

And you'd be surprised, there are quite a few people that don't mash fast enough once off the ledge.

if someone doesn't mash right away, and ur at the edge, the mixup can be, "is he gona run strait off or wait?"

if u run STRAIT off, no waiting, and they weren't mashing prior, i think it's pretty hard for most people to get out at that point.

at least vs most characters its still not a safe place to be vs ddd, but that's something u'll decifer as you play different characters.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
wow cant wait for the vid! going to practice now!

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
amazing statement, too bad ive said such things about 8 times.

and he may have been doing the utilt, but theres much more to be shown, ive gone over most of it though.

It's just a matter of king ddd knowing all his options and on reaction to what the opponent is doing after the inhale, reacting with the right, and most lethal one.

And you'd be surprised, there are quite a few people that don't mash fast enough once off the ledge.

if someone doesn't mash right away, and ur at the edge, the mixup can be, "is he gona run strait off or wait?"

if u run STRAIT off, no waiting, and they weren't mashing prior, i think it's pretty hard for most people to get out at that point.

at least vs most characters its still not a safe place to be vs ddd, but that's something u'll decifer as you play different characters.
I'll agree that it can be a good mix up game. You'll almost never predict it 100%.

But if you're observant or at least astute in battle, (in the KO aspect) if you're near the ledge, it would be a stupid decision for the DDD (that has one less stock or Equal stocks with less damage) to try and go for the DDD cyde. It would be obvious that the DDD would be going for it or at least star shoot.

If you have More % than me and we have equal stocks I'll mash anyway and take the Utilt. The only situation I'd find hard to decide would be With Equal Stocks and %'s. But then again, I'd probably wouldn't mash. If I mash and you don't go for the Cyde, you have 1 stock more and would probably get in a few hit's. If not and I don't get out in time, we reset stocks and %'s.

I wouldn't expect it a Low %'s, but at high%? :dizzy:

GreenFox

Smash Ace
I hope this isn't extremely situational cant wait for the video and helps get Kos

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
it's def. less situational than dasc lol

it'll help or at least come into play as a mind game as often as you normally inhale, which from my experiences is quite often

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Man I tried this back in the day but i could never get it to work perfectly =/

I'm glad you took the time to perfect, or at least try to better the technique and let people know about it. The vids gonna be awesome :)

TlocCPU

Smash Apprentice
I'm just going to come right out and say it;
This is a useless tactic and it really shouldn't be taken seriously as a competitive tool.

Toneh

Smash Lord
Anyone know if the difficulty of mashing out is constant or dependent on percent or time spent inside DDD (ie: is it easier to mash out after 3 seconds than it is at 1 second)? I'll test it out if no one else has but it'll be a pain
thats what ive been wonderin, sometimes it feels like its hard to mash out even if u wait 2 or 3 seconds. maybe its %, i duno

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Now i just did : D

Seriously, info is never all that secret.

EDIT: You guys have release time in frame for people out of this? Could be terribly usefull.
I know, but you aren't everybody. I see people get surprised by things everyday at tourneys that I thought was common knowledge. You would be surprised.

∫unk

Smash Master
is anyone getting the constant pivot to 100% accuracy with the buffer u-tilt

i think the bouncing one is easy but constantly pivoting makes me buffer f-tilt or spit them out too much more than u-tilt in any reliable manner. maybe i just need to practice more.

Top Bottom