• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

seems like (almost) everybody first hated R.O.B. but now everybody love him

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think it was mostly just the fact that people related R.O.B. being in the game to the 35 "Roster from Hell" being true...

homerunhomer

Smash Rookie
I am trying to like him, I really am, but he's still gonna be my new punching bag, (jigglypuff was it for smash64, and then pichu for melee.)

Finn Macool

Smash Apprentice
posers, i was liking ROB before it was cool...
he looks like a good char with a unique moveset im sure a lot of people were converted watching him play

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I don't think he's the most stylish looking character, but he certainly does his best to look cool, and he succeeds in many places.

It's his base that annoys me most about his character, but aside from that he's kinda cool.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Good News: The first time I'd ever heard of R.O.B. was from a biography.

Bad News: It was X-Play's biography... :urg:

Still, since seeing him in Mario Kart DS, I have been steadfast in my idea that R.O.B. + Brawl = God's Ketchup.

Seems like R.O.B. is the new Petey Pihrana, eh?

Weldar

Smash Cadet
I always liked him, but I'm a fan of the huge WTF characters

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
rob is actually quite good. i don't think i liked the idea of him at first but his moves are great and pretty fast. very sweet recovery and is quite powerful. Nice projectile and b moves. Really not much to complain about him. I can see him becoming a popular character choice once people give him a shot

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Nope, still don't like him.

rob is actually quite good. i don't think i liked the idea of him at first but his moves are great and pretty fast. very sweet recovery and is quite powerful. Nice projectile and b moves. Really not much to complain about him. I can see him becoming a popular character choice once people give him a shot
I can see why people might like him because of his move set, but I personally don't favor characters just because their good. Brawl is probably going to be pretty balanced anyways.

I'll get used to him though.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
ROB is still a hunk of junk. The people you see jumping bandwagons are the people who like to play with GOOD characters and see a potentially devastating collection of moves which will allow them to win. Thank Sakurai for that. He could add in Big Bird and everyone would be like BIG BIRD SUCKS and then because Sakurai thinks hes the best character since sliced bread (SSB4 I guarantee it) gives him a horribly unbalanced set of moves and Big Bird becomes top tier and everyone loves their Big Bird and cries when he's nerfed next time around. For the rest of us who hate ROB, we still just see an NES peripheral with no character other than what the "story" of SSE gives him who devoured a character spot.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I always thought he would be the BEST WTF character and said "as long as he looked more detailed than the SSE ROBs" I would probly like him. He looks interesting and I know it's going to piss off my friend if I can kick his ** with ROB so yeah, I like him lol.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
It's because of the tier list, son.

Since R.O.B. LOOKS like he's top tier, of course more people would love him.

Gotta the shallowness of tier lovers, eh OP? :D

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Strangely enough as a ROB "hater", I'm going to be looking for reasons to make a "I've been ROB'd of my virginity!!1" joke thread when I get the game. No one steal that.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
It's because of the tier list, son.

Since R.O.B. LOOKS like he's top tier, of course more people would love him.

Gotta the shallowness of tier lovers, eh OP? :D
I'm (for the most part) a non competitive player, though I may give it a shot if one's in the area or if one is online. But, I never hated ROB, I like ROB, and I don't give a crap what the tier list says. I mean I'm glad he's got a good moveset and all, but I loved Mewtwo's moves as well and they weren't exactly winning material.

G-X

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I originally hated ROB too. To me, he was a symbol of the 35char "roster from hell."

Wolf is the real WTF character.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I'm (for the most part) a non competitive player, though I may give it a shot if one's in the area or if one is online. But, I never hated ROB, I like ROB, and I don't give a crap what the tier list says. I mean I'm glad he's got a good moveset and all, but I loved Mewtwo's moves as well and they weren't exactly winning material.
I agree. Really, I think the tier list is just crap and like who ever fits me best. I really can't find one character I think out right sucks to the point of being Low Tier (other than DK) so I don't see why anyone should be soo worried about it.

Every char forum has a "Is {insert char} going to be top tier?" thread and I find it silly that people look at vids and the impressions of a hand full of folks and take it as a idea of the characters tier placement before playing the game themselves. Chill out pros and wanna be pros, we will play soon enuff. . .

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
And we all know that playing a character only because he's top tier is totally not scrubish and shallow. >_>

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot they all on me

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord

oh god lol...

it's ROB's theme song XD

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
Nope, I still don't like him, and I think he doesn't fit in this game.
Even Mr. Game & Watch and Snake fit better than this... thing. :dizzy:

And yes I've seen him play, didn't change my mind.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nope, I still don't like him, and I think he doesn't fit in this game.
Even Mr. Game & Watch and Snake fit better than this... thing. :dizzy:

And yes I've seen him play, didn't change my mind.
...Too bad...

I laugh at the haters because everything they say is empty, meaningless...

They loose even if they think up the best reason R.O.B. shouldn't be in...

No matter how much they don't like him

It doesn't matter...

He's in...so ha!...

It's so funny

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
...Too bad...

I laugh at the haters because everything they say is empty, meaningless...

They loose even if they think up the best reason R.O.B. shouldn't be in...

No matter how much they don't like him

It doesn't matter...

He's in...so ha!...

It's so funny
QFT. ROB is sweet.

I can picture endless nights of playing rob and shouting "NUMBER JOHNNY FIVE!!!" at my television screen XD

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Thats because everyone thought he was a foolish addition but then they seen him in action and as it turns out he\'s a monster.

Top Bottom