• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Security

Kanto Emblem

Smash Rookie
Hello, smash boards. I have a question for any TO's on here, how do you handle security at your events, I've been wanting to get into competitive smash for a very long time but I'm very concerned about the safety of these events (especially after the Jacksonville shooting from August of last year) so if there's anyone who could tell me what security measures are taken (typically) at smash events it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
That dude had severe psychosis and the event that transpired that day was a total first for the eSports community as a whole. Not a common thing to happen at all. You're more likely to get something stolen or taken inadvertently if you bring a setup with you. Even then, mark it with something that makes it obviously yours and keep an eye on it.

In terms of real security, large events will usually have security onsite with bag checks at the event hall entrance. Smaller events or locals, it's usually going to be at your own discretion.

Top Bottom