• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secondary?

Sanguine1

Smash Rookie
I'm thinking about maining Ridley, but I know he's not the greatest and I want to know what a good secondary would be.

DougEfresh

Smash Journeyman
I don't know exactly what match ups Ridley struggles in most, but I think almost any high or top tier character would be a good secondary for anyone. Also depends on how much time you want to dedicate to a secondary character, too. If I had to guess, I think zoners, rushdowns and maybe swords give Ridley a pretty hard time, so maybe picking up a sword character to keep up with the range and/or fast pace of the match with their buttons (but who can also go in vs zoners and wall out rushdown characters well) like Lucina or Roy (depending on whether you're more aggressive or slightly gravitate toward a more defensive playstyle) would work well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom