• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secondary for Ike?

khariwa

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! This is my first post here yea me lol! But on to the question. I coma in Ike and Falco and I wanted to know how well they balance each other. I don't like using high level characters because I don't care too much about being good but enjoy the challenge and feeling of beating a high tier character. Do you guys think these two cover enough of each other's weakness to get by in local tourneys. I know they both have trouble in recovery but I really would the communities opinion on this.

Rochefortt

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rochefortt264
Hello! As someone who also mains Ike and at one point was very familiar with Falco I would say you have a good team! I'm not crazy experienced with what you do and don't need with local tournaments, but as far as lower-tier characters go Ike and Falco are definitely a team that shouldn't be slept on. Both can really catch any character off guard with more than other's think. I personally main Ike with Lucas as a strong second just because of how insanely different and versatile they are in situations, Ike being strong in footsies and extremely satisfying punishes and using Lucas to overwhelm your opponent in mix-ups and surprises. That's just what I thought though, I think you're good with Falco as your secondary! Hope this helped a bit c:

khariwa

Smash Rookie
Thanks
Hello! As someone who also mains Ike and at one point was very familiar with Falco I would say you have a good team! I'm not crazy experienced with what you do and don't need with local tournaments, but as far as lower-tier characters go Ike and Falco are definitely a team that shouldn't be slept on. Both can really catch any character off guard with more than other's think. I personally main Ike with Lucas as a strong second just because of how insanely different and versatile they are in situations, Ike being strong in footsies and extremely satisfying punishes and using Lucas to overwhelm your opponent in mix-ups and surprises. That's just what I thought though, I think you're good with Falco as your secondary! Hope this helped a bit c:
Thanks bro! Yeah I feel like they are both fun to play which is most important. I might just comain them since I like them both and I don't care too much about my tourney results lol :p

Cyan_Whale

Smash Rookie
Ike is the only charectar that I have never lost as. I wish I could go to tournaments. :(

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I use characters that aren't unviable, but also happen to be my favorites to play as. In this case, Cloud and Mario.

I'd use Link, but it's common knowledge he isn't that great.

NoLoudNoise

Smash Rookie
NNID
NoLoudNoise
I'm actually in the Ike forum because I've been labbing with him and doing good in FG with him as a secondary to my dark pit. Ike I feel struggles against Falcon especially amongst others, who I am able to easily handle with the angels. I haven't ran into many other bad MUs online yet but I assume a half decent ZSS would be absolute hell, in which case the Pits punish her grab whiffs quite well.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I'm starting to think the best thing you can do is pick up an easy character that covers Ike's bad matchups. Maybe even two easy characters if you must. Ike takes enough work as is.

For the record, Ike's worst matchups are Sheik, Diddy, Cloud, and Mario. Find one or two characters who cover them.

Katzwinkel

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gastlis
3DS FC
3952-7305-2401
This is probably a shot in the dark, but...Lucina? I've heard people say that she does fairly well against Sheik, but I have no idea how she fares against Mario, Cloud and Diddy.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I've managed to take down ScAtt's Mega Man with Cloud, 2-1. He's a feasible option, if nothing else. Cloud also beats Mario, but only goes 55-45 against Sheik and Diddy. On the plus side, at least they're winnable.

Also partial towards Mario, since he goes even with both Sheik and Diddy, and also covers Pikachu.

Top Bottom