• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secondary Discussion: Falco vs Diddy Kong

TheMike

Smash Lord
Falco and Diddy Kong are regarded as ROB's best secondaries by most ROB players. But who is better? Assuming Meta Knight and King Dedede are our worst matchups, we need a character who covers them.

Falco wins King Dedede 60-40. But loses to Meta Knight 47,5-52,5.
Diddy Kong loses to Meta Knight 45-55. But wins King Dedede 52,5-47,5.

[collapse=Ratios references]Falco Boards
Diddy Kong Boards
Meta Knight Boards
King Dedede Boards

Averages:

Falco

vs Meta Knight: 50 + 45/2 = 47,5
vs King Dedede: 60 + 60/2 = 60

Diddy Kong

vs Meta Knight: 45 + 45/2 = 45
vs King Dedede: 50 +55/2 = 52,5[/collapse]
That said, Falco apparently is better than Diddy Kong as a secondary. Discuss

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I agree with Falco if you don't want to just use MK. I tried playing him awhile back just to cover MK/DDD but I'm terrible with him so I'll just stick to MK/ROB lol

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
I've tried Diddy before, actually a few times, I really just don't like the way he plays. I used to main Falco back when I was beyond scrubby, but I'm actually trying to pick him back up as a secondary. For right now, I use Pikachu for DDD, and well, Pikachu for MK, although it's not the greatest MU, it's better for him rather than ROB or DDD.

Bees!

Smash Ace
I second Diddy as well for DDD and MK. Both MUs are actually fun for me too. MK vs ROB is aggravating. So I am trying to learn those MUs with Diddy instead.

Also agreed with the part about the basics. Diddy's GT feels like ROB's(as far as execution goes)

Afrayail

Smash Ace
I actually mained Diddy previous to fully embracing ROB as my main, so I suppose I'd say he's my secondary (and Olimar is in there around my secondary also o.0) While I think essentially Falco seems like a character I could like/use--the same can be said for other ROBs, I'm sure--I personally have a loathing for the stupid bird. I dislike chain grabs, and I get bored with the constant lasers. I guess he just annoys me.

Diddy is more fun and feels more natural, and I think that working with the two advance my game for each character individually.... but all in all, it's a matter of taste.

Looking at it without [too much] personal bias, I still think Diddy would be better than Falco, in some ways... but I suppose Bo has a point, with Diddy getting CPd. If you have good control over your naners, and are smart/confident off stage, go Diddy.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
That sounds nice, there is one crazy D3 in my area and I got MK for MK :D

Top Bottom