• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secondaries

crifer

Smash Lord
Fox as secondary, yeah...
I have problems agains a really good somehow spaming zelda,
any tips? maybe he´s just better...idk

daisho

Smash Lord
DDD and kirby will get all bad matchups if you use those two guys.

Wario is also EXTREMELY fun... but going from wario to ddd is so confusing... (arial control)

So now i play DK ddd wario and kirby in that order...

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
I go DK, DDD/Bowser, and Pikachu now. I should use more Pikachu to cover up some bad match-ups though.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
@ OP: It is possible to be bad with G+W. I'm quite bad with him.

This is quite possibly one of the best posts I've seen on this website in a long time. This, and the one you responded to. :p
suck less emmy

DDD and kirby will get all bad matchups if you use those two guys.

Wario is also EXTREMELY fun... but going from wario to ddd is so confusing... (arial control)

So now i play DK ddd wario and kirby in that order...
been picking up wario to extend my fatass collection, he seems to actually cover some of my bad matchups though, which is a good thing (snake, bowser and ganon not so much) gonna pick up ddd soon

Gea

Smash Master
Falco with Peach isn't that bad. One slip up and he can get like 50%. As long as you avoid getting hardcore camped and work on the matchup... The only Falco that has ever consistently beaten me from Texas was Sethlon, and every match I lost was last stock high %. I beat him a few times in friendlies (a LONG time ago). But now he doesn't play falco so...

I main Peach and am picking up DK for her bad matchups. She can handle all of his, even if they aren't advantageous enough to not require alot of matchup knowledge and investment of time.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
rob has basically become my main now.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
rob is so boring. How could you?
ROB isn't boring. I find that fighting ROB is more entertaining than fighting, say, Falco, or DDD, or MK, or Marth...

Using him myself is also more entertaining than using the above characters, except maybe MK.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I think that MK is pretty fun to play. After meeting m2k in person and playing him and watching him play I'm thinking about picking up MK as a secondary.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
I use Mario and(moreso) Weegee. Infinite is generally banned where I live, so D3s rely on CG which is still ridiculous at racking up damage. They can't do anything like that on weegee with the infinite banned. Ouija is also pretty good against D3 in general, combos and kills easily. The good part about weegee is he deals with my other most hated matchup, Wario, and another bad matchup(in my experience), Diddy. I just use DK against everyone else. I also believe weegee is a 50-50 for DK and you don't need a counter for him.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
For the record, ZSS doesn't have any more than a slight advantage over Wario if the match-up isn't neutral. Hell, DMG would have you believe it's Wario's favor. Either way, it's definitely not rap.

I think that MK is pretty fun to play. After meeting m2k in person and playing him and watching him play I'm thinking about picking up MK as a secondary.
That's a slippery slope, bro.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
So my secondary for sure is Pikachu.

Finally went back to the little rat since the release of Brawl.

I hope to do big things with my Big Man little man combo.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
So my secondary for sure is Pikachu.

Finally went back to the little rat since the release of Brawl.

I hope to do big things with my Big Man little man combo.
Same here.

Pikachu has been one of my secondaries for quite some time now. Not only does he cover DK's bad matchups nicely, but he's just plain fun to play as well imo.

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
im having trouble balancing my time out between marth, game and watch. Zelda i know pretty well she used to be my main before DK its just marth and game and watch im having trouble on who to work with.

Zip.

Smash Lord
This is a nice little chart, been looking for a secondary for a little while now..

~NeK~

Smash Cadet
Hm my secondaries are Lucas,Diddy and GaW
Do you think this are good Secondaries?
for a DKMain?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
secondaries are for wusses. but I am starting to pick up pit now.

so now I can use all the heavies very well and pit

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
pit is for wusses

doesn't do that great against ddd either
that's what I've got ROB for.

I actually won't use my secondaries in tournament unless I play lain(ROB) or overswarm (bowser)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
rob for ddd? really? most robs have problems with him

I've been using oli for ddd, bowser for dittos and dk for everything else and it seems to work well
I did use DK against ddd and no one really thought that was weird. probably because I'm crazy with match ups. I love playing my ike against oli's. <3 DK vs. D3. <3 fox vs. ZSS

yeah I'm weird

SlyNinja

Smash Rookie
Falco is my main and DK is my secondary. I didn't do it for match-ups, I just did it because I liked the feel of DK, but I'm thinking of making DK my main soon since it feels like I'm getting better as DK where my abilities as Falco are at a standstill.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I started to pick up Kirby and he won a set for me vs a ROB I've never won a tourney set against. I hate the ROB vs DK matchup.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Putting Diddy before Very Hard is ********. Diddy is in the top 5 "Hardest characters to learn".

Anyway, I would say that DDD would be the best secondary for him.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
DDD vs DDD is quite possibly the worst thing that can ever happen. There is no way DDD is the best secondary for DK.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
That's why you pick up a third guy.:laugh:

DDD handles matchups well. DK does the same but his bad matchups seem really bad. Having a character like DDD is smart to keep balance. Also one character doesn't change this. I used to do this duo before I used Diddy and it worked out pretty well for me.

minford10

Smash Cadet
i mostly play friendlies against a falco and a marth...who is a secondary that can handle both of those matchups well...i don't really go to tournaments (yet) so im not looking to cover anyone else but these two...i dont really want to play with mk or d3 or ditto and i have a couple other friends that use peach, pika, and g&w so i wouldnt use them...any suggestions?

also does anyone know what marth's worst matchup is...or if there are a couple that are really bad for marth? not a question for this board i guess but i thought someone might know

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Use DK for marth. And come to the tournament in chapel hill on the 6th. I'll probably be there.

minford10

Smash Cadet
I main DK and I win with DK against this marth...but when you're just doing friendlies its fun to mix it up sometimes...and i think i will try to make it out on the 6th!

jpl315

Smash Apprentice
g&w is fine against ddd and wario, and he is by far the easiest to learn...

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I find it funny that i picked up Pikachu as a secondary for DDD's and Falco's although now i never play them in tournament. :(

Top Bottom