• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secondaries for Mario

Does Mario need a secondary?

• Yes

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

Kulty

Smash Ace
Hi guys,

Any ideas of a good secondary for Mario? I most likely prefer characters in this list::sonic::warioc::ganondorf::pit::marth::roypm:, but you can suggest me other characters that I`ve not mentioned.

AssTAStic_ACA

Smash Apprentice
marth and roy cover mario bad MUs the best. marth and roy have an easier time with spacies, and peach, GnW etc.

personally I second ness. though I love the character, objectively speaking he does not cover marios weaknesses. Dont be me, be better lol.

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
while marth is a good secondary a better question is why do you need a secondary? what match-ups do you dislike with Mario?

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
i play roy and mario best but i feel neither are great against ike - is ike a bad match up for these guys?

AnEnemyMongoose

Smash Cadet
Ike is pretty tough for Mario. He can easily out range M in neutral with disjointed aerials and run circles with side-b, in addition to having pretty good tools for edge guarding in that massive f-air, n-air, and d-air. Although M can gimp Ike just as easily, I'd say.

Roy is probably more even since he's got some range and can combo Ike pretty hard when he gets going, but Ike's got a longer sword and more KB/dmg consistency at range as a result.

Marth is probably a better choice overall.

Last edited:
Top Bottom