• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secondaries for a Samus Main

(A)

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gamaro93
Hi all Samus mains! I'm having trouble finding a good secondary for a Samus main. Any ideas?
I have an idea.....
Dont pick a secondary
Or find the reason of why do you want to pick a secondary
For a specific matchup? Then i can help on this :)

_gold_

Smash Master
My secondary is Lucina. I've found, together, they can cover a majority of bad matchups.

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
I have Yoshi as a secondary but honestly I'm pulling him out far less than I used to, to the point where I kinda suck with him now.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
You probably want a character who can compliment Samus in some way so you have another playstyle at your disposal, but honestly, I think that just training with Samus is worth more in the long run unless there's a certain MU you're 100% sure you're never going to win, though I don't think that's ever truly the case...

Also, when choosing a secondary, make sure it's a character you're comfortable with, don't go picking up a character just because you heard they make a good secondary for Samus, I don't think a definitive answer for that kind of thing really exists anyway.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Mario or Cloud are good options imo as they cover a lot of our bad MUs and aren't that difficult to pick up

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
Mario is a solid choice. I play both Mario and Samus and they cover each other's bad MUs pretty well. And since you only want the character as a secondary, Mario isn't hard to pick up.

NamelessHunter

Smash Cadet
I'll second Cloud. He's really easy to pick up and play, a lot of the skills you use as a Samus main translate over nicely, and he has decent match ups vs Mario and Pikachu, my only true problem match ups.

Shuckle_SSB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkFire5136
3DS FC
4124-5307-8608
In all honesty, if you want your Samus to become solid at higher level play you're going to have to solo main her. My secondaries just can't seem to catch up to the caliber of my Samus no matter how hard I try. Could just be a me thing. Personally, I just second characters that I like playing and that have decent MUs against Samus's bad ones. Personally I second Luigi, DK, and Sheik. If anything they're more of pockets than secondaries though.

Top Bottom