• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secondaries as a Ganon Main

InAmberClad

Smash Rookie
So now that 3.6 is the de facto build, I'm curious who a good second for Ganon is. I really need to pick up a second character. In my eyes, a good main/second pair cover each others bad stages and have a similar move speed/fall speed/and or weight.

Who fits Ganon best under those criteria? I'm thinking about Shiek or R.O.B. atm.

POOB

Smash Journeyman
First, list all your favorite non-Ganon characters REGARDLESS of how good you think they are as a ganon secondary, as well as the matchups you struggle with the most as Ganon, then I can give you a good response. Cause tbh, the most important thing is that you love playing as a character. Only if you truly have no realistic way of using one of your other favorite characters as a secondary( i.e. they suck v.s. the same chars ganon does) is when you should resort to picking up a secondary for specific hard-counter matchups you struggle with. Otherwise, it depends really. Like, Ganon-DK works for me because I actually love playing v.s. spacies as Ganon but I know many people who hate it.

InAmberClad

Smash Rookie
I've been trying out Mario all day. He's like a mini-ganon in a lot of ways, with his fair and uair, plus down throw shenanigans. He feels really good and probably deals with projectiles and zoning better than ganon does.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
honestly, pick just about any high tier character and they'll cover your matchup spread pretty well. as long as they don't have major issues with projectiles (mk kinda does, there's probably a few high tier characters that have some issues) it should work out well, since ganon's major problems lie in dash dance baiting and projectiles just being annoying in general.

a character's not going to be high tier if they have trouble with dd baiting, so all that's left is the above, and you're pretty good. i wouldn't worry about physics or anything else matching up, just find someone you enjoy playing as well. maybe even someone with a different playstyle and game plan, so you can force the opponent to try and adapt to that, as well.

POOB

Smash Journeyman
I've been trying out Mario all day. He's like a mini-ganon in a lot of ways, with his fair and uair, plus down throw shenanigans. He feels really good and probably deals with projectiles and zoning better than ganon does.
Yeah def, good choice! He also does great v.s. most of the chars that Ganon struggles with. Mario is a solo-mainable character so he's a great secondary

Top Bottom