• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seattle Melee Smashers

Àrçhádìas

Smash Rookie
I am a new player in the community and new to the Melee scene. I'm not a complete noob, I can shffl pretty well with Falco and Marth. I am posting this because I am looking for a practice partner or people who are interested in starting a weekly/monthly ssbm event. I currently live in Federal Way but I am willing to travel for some smash. If you live nearby and want to help me start an event or just need a practice buddy let me know.

Sidenote, I am also looking for someone to hook up my memory card with 20xx.

I am a new player in the community and new to the Melee scene. I'm not a complete noob, I can shffl pretty well with Falco and Marth. I am posting this because I am looking for a practice partner or people who are interested in starting a weekly/monthly ssbm event. I currently live in Federal Way but I am willing to travel for some smash. If you live nearby and want to help me start an event or just need a practice buddy let me know.

Sidenote, I am also looking for someone to hook up my memory card with 20xx.
http://smashboards.com/threads/facebook-groups-links.325058

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
I don't have Facebook and I don't want one. That's why I made this post.
You might have to adapt
Basically what EPsilon said. That's just how it works these days; all local communication takes place over facebook. Smashboards and Reddit are usually for just meta discussion; nobody goes on here for local updates, be it fests or events.

Even if you don't make a Facebook, I would encourage you to at least find the 1-3 Facebook group pages that are applicable to you, bookmark them, and treat them as if it's a news/updates page like the front page of Smashboards/Reddit. At least that way, you'll here about upcoming events, as the news often doesn't make it to any other site.

I know one local player who's pretty good at PM and plays some Melee who lives in Fed. I'll see if he's interested.

Get homebrew for your Wii. There's quick 20min video tutorials that you can follow along as you watch (5min process without explanations in-between). Get Nintendont (just a download). Make a 20XX ISO (takes 20min, bit more with instructions). Done.

Àrçhádìas

Smash Rookie
Basically what EPsilon said. That's just how it works these days; all local communication takes place over facebook. Smashboards and Reddit are usually for just meta discussion; nobody goes on here for local updates, be it fests or events.

Even if you don't make a Facebook, I would encourage you to at least find the 1-3 Facebook group pages that are applicable to you, bookmark them, and treat them as if it's a news/updates page like the front page of Smashboards/Reddit. At least that way, you'll here about upcoming events, as the news often doesn't make it to any other site.

I know one local player who's pretty good at PM and plays some Melee who lives in Fed. I'll see if he's interested.

Get homebrew for your Wii. There's quick 20min video tutorials that you can follow along as you watch (5min process without explanations in-between). Get Nintendont (just a download). Make a 20XX ISO (takes 20min, bit more with instructions). Done.
I understand Facebook would sort of help what I'm trying to accomplish. But I felt posting on here I would have a better chance of finding a practice buddy. As far as the event thing goes, Facebook is helpful for looking for events, but I'm looking for people to start an event with me. Once I get some people involved Facebook would be a good tool to get more people to the event, but I'm not at that point yet. That's why I posted on smashboards. Thank you for the helpful reply. Let me know about the fed way guy. The main thing I'm looking for is a practice buddy. I wanna get better at Melee and I can't do that without another person. As far as the 20xx thing, I don't have a wii. I play on GameCube. I also don't have a computer. I'm pretty poor lol. But thank you for the info.

TM87_

Smash Rookie
Hey, I also live in Federal Way! I'm only home on holiday breaks though since I go to school up at UW. I'm mainly a Project M player, but I also play a Melee Sheik. I'd be down to practice sometime; what part of Federal Way do you live in?

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
I understand Facebook would sort of help what I'm trying to accomplish. But I felt posting on here I would have a better chance of finding a practice buddy. As far as the event thing goes, Facebook is helpful for looking for events, but I'm looking for people to start an event with me. Once I get some people involved Facebook would be a good tool to get more people to the event, but I'm not at that point yet. That's why I posted on smashboards. Thank you for the helpful reply. Let me know about the fed way guy. The main thing I'm looking for is a practice buddy. I wanna get better at Melee and I can't do that without another person. As far as the 20xx thing, I don't have a wii. I play on GameCube. I also don't have a computer. I'm pretty poor lol. But thank you for the info.
Hey, I also live in Federal Way! I'm only home on holiday breaks though since I go to school up at UW. I'm mainly a Project M player, but I also play a Melee Sheik. I'd be down to practice sometime; what part of Federal Way do you live in?
^This is the guy to avoid further confusion, I'm out lol. Good luck on that event work!

Àrçhádìas

Smash Rookie
I currently live right off of 272nd and pac. I'm also willing to travel to uw to play.

Top Bottom