• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Searching some fighting games to play

Naptec

Smash Cadet
I love fighting games in general but I don't find any non-Smash fighting games to play. Do you have some fighting games I can play ?

KatKit

Smash Lord
Under Night In-birth Exe Late[st]. Do not be confused or intimidated by the title: UNIST is solid, accessible, and filled with a cast of unique characters that are all really fun to use. It's scene is steadily growing, too. Exposure from BBxTag help put UNIST on the map; fans who wouldn't have tried it otherwise ended up loving it. UNIST is going to be at EVO; that also helped with its popularity.

If a Street Fighter-esque game is more of your style, I'd recommend something underrated as all heck that is relatively cheap. It's not popular at all, so not a lot of people play online, but it's great for what it is, to say the least. Said game is Koihime Enbu RyoLaiLai. Did I mention that a couple of the songs in the game are surprisingly really good? At the very least, check this out:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vMw6xxD12OM

Other games worth checking out (if you already haven't): Arcana Heart 3, Skullgirls 2nd Encore, Injustice 2, Dragonball Fighterz, Soul Calibur 6, MK11, Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines: Infinite Dual, Tekken 7, Power Rangers Battle for the Grid (seriously), Blazblue Central Fiction, Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2, and Dead or Alive 6 (there's a free-to-play version of this one).

List of games to look out for: Kill la Kill and the upcoming Granblue Fantasy game. Arcsys tends to deliver (although the former game is only published by them, IIRC). There's also a rumored P5Arena on the horizon.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
King of Fighters 2002 UM and XIII.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Play Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2. It has a balanced roster of 25 rad anime weirdos. Although it’s more on the technical side, you’ll get used to it quickly thanks to the awesome tutorial. You can check out a neat guide for it at the Dustloop Wiki.

The KOF games are pretty solid as well. If you’re looking to get into them, start out with KOF 98 or 2002, which have the most balanced rosters. You can get the enhanced UM editions or play the original arcade version thru Mame and online thru Fightcade. Shoryuken Wiki is your best friend.

Sometimes I find myself going back to the trainwreck that is SFV (it’s fun and easy, but the netcode sucks). It’s cross-platform between PS4 and PC, so the game is very active. Even if you’re interested, there’s a free trial happening right now that lets you play as DLC characters Akuma, Blanka, Menat, and Juri for free. A neat guide you can use is Gief’s Gym.

Other games I haven’t played but are highly praised are UNIST, Fighting EX Layer, and Tekken 7.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
I tend to enjoy 3d fighters like Dead or Alive and Virtua Fighter. Power Stone is pretty unique and also really fun. Arc System Works makes some pretty good 2d fighters as well.

Naptec

Smash Cadet
Woah, that's a lot of damage fighting games to look at. Thanks ! (I'm currently checking Heritage For The Future)

Play Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2.
Actually, I have Rev. 1, but I can't get Rev. 2
. _.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Woah, that's a lot of damage fighting games to look at. Thanks ! (I'm currently checking Heritage For The Future)
Nice choice (although the game’s busted...in a good way xD). Stand Crash Wiki has information if you ever need it.

Actually, I have Rev. 1, but I can't get Rev. 2
. _.
Once you have Rev 1, you can just purchase the Rev 2 upgrade. It’s on sale for Golden Week at the moment, I believe.

KatKit

Smash Lord
And since we're naming older(ish) games, Capcom vs. SNK 2, Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, Chaos Code, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, DoA 5: Last Round, Darkstalkers Resurrection, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Ultra Street Fighter 4: AE, Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core, and Melty Blood Actress Again: Another Code are all worth checking out, too.

Most of the aforementioned games are available on PSN and/or accessible on last gen (PS3) consoles and PC.

Honorable mention goes to Dark Awake (AKA Chaos Breaker). Nobody knows about that game because it's exclusive to Japan, but it's very fun. It's like Soul Calibur (medieval setting) meets Samurai Showdown (2D weapon fighter) meets Marvel vs. Capcom (3v3 battles) meets Skullgirls (teams consist of 1-3 fighters and the game is balanced around the size of your team).

EDIT: Also, a lot of fighting games are on sale due to Golden Week like UNIST, Soul Calibu 6, and DBFZ, to name a few. Fighting games also tend to go on sale around EVO as well; they also have free trials during that time.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Dragon Ball FighterZ is fun if you don't mind seeing a whole lot of Goku. :-P

Top Bottom