• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sean "Forward" Benner, former Smasher, needs your help

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
This is taken directly from his facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sdbenner?hc_location=stream

My love story is not uncommon. I fell in love at a New Year’s Eve party and at midnight made a toast with my future wife. We have been happily married for a little more than a year now and we look forward to growing old together. However, we are now facing a threat that could break our family apart and I am here to ask all of my friends and family for help.

As some of you may know my wife and son are from Egypt. We have been saving money to apply for change of status papers. We are on our way to do so but last week the department of homeland security came to our house and arrested Azza and Ziad for staying 540 days past their visitor visa. They were released later that day but we are now awaiting a court date to determine if they will be allowed to stay in the US.

It should be an open and shut case as long as their papers are being processed. The judge should grant them parole until the papers are filed and eligibility for immigrant status determined. If the papers are not being processed though, I’m afraid our family would be split up. Egypt is a dangerous place right now, Ziad can’t read or write in Arabic so school would be very difficult, and our whole lives would change if we went. Going to Egypt is not an option.

We have saved $1300 to apply towards the papers. I’m asking all of you to extend your generosity towards us and help us raise the rest of the money to apply for these papers. Our goal is to collect $2000, which would cover the cost of the papers, court fees, and any consultations with lawyers we may need. Time is of the essence, the court date may come soon and we have to be ready.

Here is the link where you can make donations. We appreciate anything you can do to help and hope that you keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted
Forward's more in the UMvC3 scene now, but he used to be a very prolific Smasher: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Smasher:Forward

Help a brother out!

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Unfortunately I don't have any money to help him out, but I'll definitely spread this thread as much as possible. I hope everything works out for Forward and his family, I used to watch a lot of his Falco videos :)

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
counting up some extra cash right now. i'll see what i can do, it's a bunch of loose change though. ended up at like $225 in loose change for evo. hopefully i can get around that number with this as well

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
donated 20 bucks, egypt is a ****hole

Max?

Smash Champion
I was going to troll this thread, and then m2k came through in the clutch. Much respect

DanKneee's Friend

Smash Rookie
How can mew2king pay for another person's VISA papers when he couldn't even bring more than $200 to japan? Wasn't he stranded there?

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Update:

M2k is awesome. He's going to loan us whatever we need to cover the rest of it. After the donation tournament this month I think we will have reached about half of our goal so we will probably only have to borrow $1000.

A huge weight has been lifted from our shoulders. Now it's time to start taking care of business

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
How can mew2king pay for another person's VISA papers when he couldn't even bring more than $200 to japan? Wasn't he stranded there?
not really, he only had $200 in cash, but was able to get money later

he also wasn't stranded iirc

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I had 350 in cash, a debit visa card with tons of money on it, Toph was coming a few days later with more money, and I never money matched anybody. I also paid nietono back for his futon. The japan story is twisted with lies and bias and bull****.

Forward ended up not needing my money btw, but I was intending to help if needed as much as needed.

Top Bottom