• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sealed Grounds: Directory / Q & A

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Yep, I do this stuff a lot xD

The weird thing is that when you're first trying to learn Love Jump, you think that you immediately need to jump + Nayru's Love right after you get hit or thrown. But you don't... you can delay your jump a little, but still have to have good timing.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
@ZeldaMaster_1: just a general question, what region do you live in? I kinda want to see matches with your Zelda because I never hear of any tourney results. Sheer curiosity lol.

HylianSmash

Smash Rookie
I think I remember doing this love wave-bounce on accident when practicing. (sorry I'm not being much of help with this.)

:phone:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
@ZeldaMaster_1: just a general question, what region do you live in? I kinda want to see matches with your Zelda because I never hear of any tourney results. Sheer curiosity lol.
Sent PM but disregarding it ATM. Northeastern MD and it's very possible that you past by the area depending on which way you went when you went to PA around Halloween.

I've only been in two tourneys but they were at my school and it was during 2010. Most of the players weren't really good. The four players that were in the semi-finals the first time were in the semi-finals the second time including me.
besides me 2 Ike mains and another Zelda main...

Don't really work so I don't have the money to go to tourneys and I have no access to WiFi due to my area (most likely won't get it for about 3-5 years, but they sent a letter last year when they aren't going to get to my street until about 4-6 years ..........)

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Sent PM but disregarding it ATM. Northeastern MD and it's very possible that you past by the area depending on which way you went when you went to PA around Halloween.

I've only been in two tourneys but they were at my school and it was during 2010. Most of the players weren't really good. The four players that were in the semi-finals the first time were in the semi-finals the second time including me.
besides me 2 Ike mains and another Zelda main...

Don't really work so I don't have the money to go to tourneys and I have no access to WiFi due to my area (most likely won't get it for about 3-5 years, but they sent a letter last year when they aren't going to get to my street until about 4-6 years ..........)
Damn, so many more details that you didn't mention in the pm.

That's really lame that they won't be able to get to your street for so long. That just doesn't sound right.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Yeah it's BS. the person said that they don't know what they are going to do next or when they are going to get to my street. yet Armstrong sends a letter anyway... :confused:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
They were awesome, indeed xD

Yeah my video recorder doesn't work on my Mac, so I'll either have to buy one that does, or try to get Diska to upload them for me through his computer. That 'lalalalala' song on RC always cracks me up when I see that match btw

EOE

Smash Apprentice
I can record if you'd like to send them to me.

I'd love to see them. o=

EOE

Smash Apprentice
Mediafire is fine. You can just post the link here or PM it to me. o=

ASDL

Smash Rookie
Can Nayru's Love be used as a counter in anyway? I know it has invincibility frames but I don't know how quick they come out or how long they last for.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I suppose Nayru's can be a good counter to incoming projectiles. Some Zeldas like Fuujin like to use it to cover landings but it shouldn't be overused.

Nayru's hitboxes start coming out Frame 13, and Zelda is invincible from 5 to 12. The reflection begins at 5 as well.

Nintendo 64

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this is the best place to ask this question, but what Smash has the best Zelda, Brawl or Melee?

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
I have a question. Which comes out first, f-air or turnaround b-air? I want to know which one would be a better option for when d-tilt starts to pop up my opponents, should it catch them off-guard.

Thanks.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Scary can you give me some tips when fighting :fox: and :falco:. there is this one person that can nearly three stock my zelda with these two.
he also uses :marth: but he doesn't give me as much trouble...

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I've tried the Ftilt lock i just can't get in the final hit that well
and i use wii mote and nunchuck so i can't use Dacus
and i just want to go as :zelda:

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
In the case of fox, hitting down B is a free win because of the Ftilt lock. Just keep practicing (saw your edit). Relatively the same for Falco but its harder to finish and the MU is tougher.

Sticking to Zelda for fox, stay in a range where he can't harass you with lasers. At that point, watch when he takes to the air because all his aerials are good. Take note if he uses his DJ because it'll help you figure out how to proceed since he can still shine stall. Around the mid 50s to early 60s is when you wanna lock him up with Dtilt. One other important thing is when you have a lead, stay aggressive or at least passively aggro because he can camp his way back in with lasers. Don't allow him to do that. Stay mobile because if you try and wall him, he can run circles around us.

Falco is kinda hard because he has such a strong camp as well as jab to stuff any close range. It's really a cat and mouse game, corner him and make reads. He'll get way and reset camp or you'll catch him and do some damage and then he'll camp more. Take what you can get and don't over commit because that'll get you hurt.

Lemme know if you have further questions about them. I just need a quick nap lol.

C.J.

Smash Master
What I read:

Be 3 times as smart as the other guy vs Falco. Two times as smart vs Fox.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I felt comfortable at the beginning but then i lost it (match vs fox). I plan on learning Fox during the break and see if i can get better at the mu.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
80% onwards don't be predictable and don't commit to anything. Hold down shield because throw damage > up smash. Watch out for his dair because it can string into up smash.

:phone:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
assuming you are referring to Fsmash and Usmash only
Fsmash iirc it's up
Usmash only certain characters can escape Lucas, ness lucario, marth, Ice Climber(single), Pit, Diddy Kong, Samus direction is up

edit added names according to those who can more easily escape according to fuujins chart

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Even if you do escape F-smash, you will get sent behind Zelda, in which she can quickly Dash attack or Dash grab, F-smash again, or something else. So you'll have to be prepared to escape both the F-smash, and the punish right after if you do SDI it. xD

As for Upsmash, I think more characters than that can escape it. I've seen Pikachu be able to do it too.

TheHolyVee

Smash Rookie
What do i do when my enemy finally approaches me?

After i spam that red stuff and my enemy is finally by my side, what do i do?

Spam smashes?

Top Bottom