• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sealed Grounds: Directory / Q & A

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Directory / Q&As

(Art by leilanee)

Guides
Casual
Formal
Research
Resources
Archive_

FAQs

Are your questions already answered?

[collapse=Click and find out:]

1. How do you SDI Zelda's Fsmash?
- Push up and away with both sticks. You cant punish Zelda after SDIing. Occasionally you pop over and behind her, setting you up for another move.

2. How do you SDI Zelda's Usmash?
- Quarter-circle SDI straight up with both sticks. Only Marth, Lucario, Pit, Ice Climbers, Ness, Lucas and Samus can reliably SDI out of Usmash. If you are caught at the tip, you can SDI to fall out on the side - works especially well if your character is small. A staled Usmash becomes harder to SDI out of.

3. How do you SDI Zelda's Nair?
- The hits of Nair stun and drag you back in. Zelda has semi-control over your character's SDI based on its trajectory. SDI in the route you think is quickest to get out. You cannot SDI if it hits you when grounded and it's being autocancelled.

4. How do you SDI Zelda's Dtilt lock?
- SDI sharply away from her with both sticks. You may trip in the process!

5. Does transforming refresh Zelda and Sheik's moveset?
- Yes!

6. When does Dtilt start to become most effective?
- 40-50+% for lighties. 50-60+% for middle weights. 60+% for the heavies.

7. HELP! I'm being projectile camped! What do I do?
- Powershield! Patiently weave in. Nayru's and Din's are your anti-camping mixups - use them sparely.

8. HELP! I can't land Lightning Kicks! Any tips?
- Kick where you think they'll be! Kick OoS against characters of reasonable height. Double kick from a SH and mixup crossovers.

9. OMGZZZZ Zelda SUCKZZZ I hate her so much! DinZZZ is useless what do I do?!1!!
-
Pick someone good.

[/collapse]​

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
If you think a thread needs mentioning here, please post a link to it.

This will continue to be updated as time goes on.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I love this new shiny thread. Gj Kat :)

Help! I'm being projectile camped by Falco and can't powershield very well/do anything without having lasers spammed in my face. What do?

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I like how this looks Kat, and I like the title too (:

Approach with aerial canceling. Air dodge mix ins help too. If you predict he'll side b by the time you get close to him, then go till about halfway across the stage and shield for side b/attempt to punish. His recovery is predictable. When you learn the spacing and timing of his recovery, there are a number of things you can do to punish: any of her smashes and up tilt are good attempts.

Don't bother reflecting lasers, though it's not bad every now and then, it can mess up his zoning. Love Jumping is useful in this if he's shooting lasers at you while you're trying to recover, however if you're not comfortable with it, I wouldn't use it, otherwise it'll put you in a bad recovery position.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
Should i try dair when enemy is offstage?

moar feet on zelda pictures pl0x

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Depends on the opponent, your percentage, and situation. Like if I was at low percents and my opponent was at high percents, I wouldn't risk it if a simple smash/up tilt/lightning kick could do the job. If you feel like your down air WILL hit, and you've picked on a predictable pattern of how your opponent gets back to the stage, go for it. I myself need to use this move more. Just don't ALWAYS go for the down air either, because you can be punished :/

Something some of my opponents don't expect me to do sometimes is to forward throw them near the edge at early percents and follow up with a down air. Course, you don't want to get predictable with this, but it's a mix-up.

Down air can also hurt some characters with bad vertical recoveries, even sour spotted. Characters like Bowser, Donkey Kong, Peach, Link, and some others can be affected by this

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I imagine forward throw to down air to be the slowest and most predictable rubbish ever. lol

:phone:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
At 0 - very early percent your opponents don't expect this at all (especially cause they expect Zeldas to down throw at early percents). And if you can get it to work you can kill them very early. Course they can air dodge or DI away. I only said it was a mix up, not a guaranteed set up.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Haha, lawl.

Okay, maybe.

I guess I'm just salty from decent players just attacking me out of any follow up from fthrow, and MK players shuttle looping me and killing me at 0%.

:phone:

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
I wanna practice my Ledge warping but I can't find where the thread with all the pics with all the warp locations on each stage.

So um...help?

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
This was the closest I could find to what you're asking for (scroll down a bit and you'll see the pictures of the stages with the warping points) Hope it helps!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=155351

There is actually a way to test this so that you can get a precise warping point in case you're not sure. Here's what you do:

1) Be as close to the ledge as possible, but facing away, with your back to the ledge.
2) Up b at the maximum distance, right or left, depending on the direction you're facing.
3) Turn around (make sure you don't turn around sharply cause if you move too abruptly you'll mess it up)
4) Up b back in the direction you came from.
5) You have Up b canceled.

If this sounds confusing, I'd be happy to show you this online.

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
This was the closest I could find to what you're asking for (scroll down a bit and you'll see the pictures of the stages with the warping points) Hope it helps!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=155351

There is actually a way to test this so that you can get a precise warping point in case you're not sure. Here's what you do:

1) Be as close to the ledge as possible, but facing away, with your back to the ledge.
2) Up b at the maximum distance, right or left, depending on the direction you're facing.
3) Turn around (make sure you don't turn around sharply cause if you move too abruptly you'll mess it up)
4) Up b back in the direction you came from.
5) You have Up b canceled.

If this sounds confusing, I'd be happy to show you this online.
I think you might be talking about this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=232978

edit: if ever there's a thread that anyone feels should go in the OP, just post a link to it here and I'll include it.
Mocha's link has some of the warp points and Kataefi's the others lol. But yea, I was looking for these pics. Thanks you two. I'm just too lazy to find the points in game. But some of the stages are missing points so I'll have to find 'em myself.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
We should make a comprehensive list of where all the points are. You can even ledgewarp on the moving platform in smashville.

Mocha we should test things at some point.

Also I'm well behind the times but I just realised there's light and heavy versions of the same direction she can teleport in.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I agree, and I'll be happy to test this stuff out. I test stuff out all the time xD My only problem is I lack a video recording device, because the one I have doesn't work for the Mac. Yes, it is possible to Up B to the moving platform on SV and be able to cancel. I have done this by accident many times, and it always catches me off guard lol

I also saved a couple of replays regarding Love Boost off the platform/edge, and platform canceling on Battlefield with Nayru's Love, just need to find a way for it to get recorded.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
No one says you have to do it lol. It's just good to know that she has the option to do that. I've known she could Up B cancel for years, but I rarely do it. When I do, it's more of as a surprise factor.

Well. I don't have to post anything if you guys don't want me to then.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I could say the same about Farore's Wind against an aerial opponent. But we don't Up B Cancel into our opponents simply to hit them with Up B - we do it to follow-up with the move we want them to get hit by. Or for mindgames.

You can't Nayru's Love cancel off of edges, but you can from Battlefield's top platform to the ones on either side of it. I'm sure there are other stages and situations where this can be done as well. Another thing about it is that if you mess it up, you don't usually get killed instantly compared to messing up an Up B cancel. The only possible mistake you could do really is using another special (Transform, Din's, Farore's) by accident.

In the end, it's a situational tactic, but still doesn't hurt to know. Zelda's metagame is limited enough as it is, and she needs all the mix-ups she can.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
But the thing is Nayru's won't even hit them for more than like 2 damage, then the biggest difference between Farore's Canceling and Nayru's Love off the ledge is that Farore's ending lag get's completely nullified, Nayru's on the other hand doesn't so your'e just left there in the air for like 30 frames completely open.

Unless I'm thinking of something completely different, like you actually found a way to cancel out the ending lag.

The thing I'm thinking of is where you run to the ledge and Nayru's and she sort of slides a little bit while doing it, and you can also pivot it.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
The thing I'm thinking of is where you run to the ledge and Nayru's and she sort of slides a little bit while doing it, and you can also pivot it.
She can use an aerial or special right after, if you do it just right. Heck, even Sheik can do this with her needles. I've seen Ed do it too, he'd run off stage and 'needle glides' and he follows up (usually with fair).

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
All the frames I believe.

Here's the thing though... the move has a long duration, but you don't seem to suffer as much cooldown because of the fact that you can perform an aerial right after.

If you simply use Nayru's Love in the air (no Love Jumps or anything), you will suffer ending lag while being in the air. Same for using it on the ground. However if you 'glide' either Zelda or Sheik's b move they will gain a boost forward, like Mario's cape off the sides.

To be fair though, I wouldn't recommend using a lot of Nayru's off edges, because it can put you in a bad position to recover if you mess it up (unless you're very comfy with the timing) or result in you using Din's by accident. On platforms though, it gives you more options to move around and mix it up.

I'm actually interested in the exact frames this trick would work. Does anyone have a frame data testing device/link you recommend to use? I want to test this, as well as many other things.

Conspiracy*

Smash Cadet
Well even if you do pull it off, Nayru's in the air against an aerial opponent has almost no hitboxes.
You kinda sound like a hater right now. Jus sayin.

I know I am new, but even I can see that maybe Mocha is just trying to throw another move into the game. Even if its rarely used it could prove useful, later. Right now just knowing its a legit move might be enough for people to experiment with it.

Anything you can do, comfortably, to keep your opponent guessing is a good thing.

Conspiracy*

Smash Cadet
Honestly I don't know what the move is...
Just saying I can appreciate Mocha trying to switch it up a bit.

Have you ever done aerial Naryus to prevent you from hitting the ground, and had your opponent mistime an attack because of the extra time you were in the air?

Something like that is beneficial, even if barely used, just knowing that is a possibility to switch things up a bit.

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
Conspiracy is onto something.

Just think, Nayru's slows your descent which makes you land after your opponent's attack is over. And as you get land, the grounded Nayru's hitboxes are more prevalent and send your opponent elsewhere. That's much better than AD'ing and the "I hope I don't get hit" mentality. Just sayin'

Unsound_Shinobi

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, sorry for bumping the thread even though it hasn't seen activity in the last few months, I was wondering some of the top Zelda's would recommend against in 2 seperate match ups, one against DK, and one against Ness. With DK I tend to do a lot of dtilt strineasily.gs after perfect shielding something to wrack damage, but I have a hard time getting the kill, where as with Ness it's the opposite, I can never hit the kid unless it's Nayru's hitting him, or reflecting something else into him, but I can get the kill fairly

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Since no one responded to the question I'm going to post it here.

Is it known that Zelda can Diagonal love jump two different ways before i posted it?

Reika Kitami

Smash Cadet
I really want to play as Zelda but I'm having a hard time approaching. Any advice? I like the character but it's frustrating trying to play her.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I really want to play as Zelda but I'm having a hard time approaching. Any advice? I like the character but it's frustrating trying to play her.
The story of the lives of all Zeldas.

Since no one responded to the question I'm going to post it here.

Is it known that Zelda can Diagonal love jump two different ways before i posted it?
Forwards and backwards? :p

Please enlighten us.

Reika Kitami

Smash Cadet
She feels really powerful but she is so slow and so light.
Any videos you can recommend?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
She is very powerful. Check out the vids in our video thread. Riot and Ed vids are always good :)

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Forwards and backwards? :p

Please enlighten us.
the first method is the one we know about wave-bouncing the momentum or enhancing the direction that we are going into.

the second one is using the jump as the horizontal momentum then using Nayru's love (there is a certain amount of time that you can use Nayru's and still get a love jump in). there are multiple directions that you can go with love jumping this way. I have a few replays with some of the directions...

I kind of looked into Nayru's and noticed this (was trying to find out why we can't love slide)

Top Bottom