• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix News And Updates

_Snover_

Frost Tree Pokémon
I'd love to play SD remix, but I'm afraid playing this would affect how I play on regular Melee, or even Project M.

Any players have experience and know if transitioning between games is stable?
I play Ness in Melee and SDR. It's pretty easy for me to slip in and out of each one, except when I play SDR Ness after a while of Melee Ness I'm like "Oh... he feels so good!"

◥θ┴θ◤ | JJ

Smash Journeyman
On the Midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
NNID
ThatGamerGuy52
3DS FC
5370-0522-3919
Brawl+ is more like it
Actually, it's more akin to Balanced Brawl comparatively. Brawl+ changed certain mechanics to be more similar to their Melee counterparts (lengthy dash-dancing, no auto ledge sweet-spots, less hitlag, faster gameplay in general) while still retaining the positive elements of Brawl that separated it from Melee. Balanced Brawl, on the other hand, changed very little mechanically and was almost entirely just a rebalancing of the roster with some stage alterations.

The only real difference (comparatively, of course) is that SD Remix rebalances characters only through buffs, meaning the S-tiers aren't changed in any way. Balanced Brawl dished out nerfs where it was deemed appropriate (as has every other Brawl mod out there).

Last edited:

NoodleBoy

Smash Rookie
There has been a lot of news and updates taking place for the Melee mod SD Remix. For those who do not know what SD Remix is all about here's a description from the official website:

SD Remix is a Super Smash Bros. Melee hack, based off of the v1.0 version of the game, designed to better balance the game through only character buffs. SD Remix intends to improve to the weaker characters to viable levels by:
– Addressing their crippling weaknesses
– Providing them stronger offensive and defensive options in line with the stronger cast members
– Maintaining each character’s archetype and niche

Recently SD Remix Lite Universal NTSC Universal was released which came with some upgrades. From its official announcement:

---​

We’re happy to announce that the universal version of SD Remix 3.2 Lite is released! The previous version only worked on v1.02 of the NTSC version of Smash, which is the latest version of SSBM to be released in North America. However, with this release, all versions of SSBM released in the NTSC regions (which include USA, Canada, and Japan) are supported, so you don’t have to worry about compatibility anymore!

You can download it from the SD Remix Lite Downloads page.

We’ve also revamped our instructions on how to use SD Remix Lite, and they cover a lot more options and are much more comprehensive. Check them out at our SD Remix Lite Instructions page.

Have fun, and happy smashing!

---​

Now the fun won't just be limited to those with an NTSC copy of Melee! The SD Remix crew have put in hard work and have decided to release a Public Alpha for SD Remix 3.2.1 PAL. Hopefully this will allow fans of Melee across the globe to try SD Remix and see what it is all about.

For more information on this mod be sure to check out its official Smashboards thread, the official SD Remix website, and the official Youtube channel for SD Remix. An installation guide for the mod is also available here. Until next time catch this SD Remix Character showcase!

SmashCapps applauds the efforts of the SD Remix team and hopes Melee fans will give it a go. Be sure to go follow him on Twitter and let him know how it's being enjoyed.
Gonna be honest, PM did the whole redesigning stages thing a whole lot better, because these look very unnatural.

Top Bottom