• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

Gea

Smash Master
Alright, I understand the thought process a little better. The thing with taking, say, space animals as the litmus is that they have some tools no other characters will ever have, and thus will always have an edge in some ways to the rest of the cast. I'm talking about shine, of course. I mean, imagine if they did not exist and Peach was top, top tier. Trying to balance everyone with her as a focal point would be difficult, she too has unique tools that maybe centering buffs around would not ever really "resolve" some issues of character.

The tricky thing, of course, is that many of these characters that need buffs have strong playstyles that while you may want to keep in tact, there is no good way to do so easily without changing the dynamic of the character. I totally understand that. I just feel like some of the current changes towards characters were maybe too focused on strange buffs and some movement changes instead of overall character packages. To that end I think I can say a bit more about a few characters.

Also, before I continue I want to say I actually really appreciate your post and how in depth it was, even if you felt as if it was rambling in nature. I was kind of vague in my previous post about said characters (minus Doc I guess, I have a pretty clear vision of what he needs, the rest is just slight icing on said cake) because I wasn't sure the approach taken by the staff. I feel that ironing out "useless" moves would do nothing but enhance gameplay, but these changes are very backseat compared to "fixing" characters. I'll go on to list a couple more characters that "feel right." Samus, DK, and Mario all feel like themselves. Mario is a bit on crack, though. He feels very very easy to chain moves with. Kind of funny that in some ways he actually reminds me of falcon now.

I guess I'll talk a bit more about Luigi. Cyclone is actually fine as is, it was always better than the other Marios' versions, and while you have to mash something fierce and "charge" it, it was never the limiting factor of his recovery. Green missle's ending lag is really what borks him the most. Upping the misfire rate is actually hurting his recovery in the long run imo, because you either bank on chance to recover safely or you have the increased risk of overshooting the stage entirely. Similarly, all characters should have a more or less "bread and butter" recovery method, hopefully one that does not depend on luck. I think it was fine at original chances, but that ending lag totally makes the move so easy to stuff it hurts. I was surprised by your changes to Luigi because they seemed to buff his KO potential which I always saw as actually fairly good as is. Fair was always a solid move, I'm actually alittle unsure what he gains by it being faster. His floatiness is actually what holds him back the most, since it is such a large investment for him to jump. I think KK said it best in the tier list thread recently, something along the lines of that Luigi probably has untapped potential and is roughly even with Doc, it's just his faults lead to players hinging on unsafe gimmicks that work because they are odd (double aerials on shield) moreso than safe. So I look at the changes of his fireball and fair with a sort of puzzled expression on my face. I feel as if these changes are novelties, not exactly fixes.

And to that end we come to the question, well how does one "fix" Luigi. Ideally I think it would be to retain his contrast of high ground mobility and slower aerial mobility, however he needs proper tools of aggression. He basically needs a way to make people scared to shield. I'm not sure I entirely have an answer for you, either. I also have to admit that overall I find some of the changes in outright movement speed a little overboard at times (example: GW), and I feel as if any high traction lower-tiered character got upped. I'm kinda wondering if that was due to movement alone or that they got shined blind, so to speak.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Sorry about that, the world wasn't ready to see [mostly] grammatically correct rambling then.

But that was then.

Now is now.

obv :012:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I played this at Novis place. I really like it so far. You have my full support. Keep it up guys!

VietGeek

Smash Hero
[Feat. Pikachad] Salty Spittoon SDR Exhibition Tournament Matches

We had a SDR exhibition tournament last weekend and Pikachad and some other out-of-state players decided to join us. Why not right?

Unfortunately the recording set-up decided to be...inconsistent, so there were both big video screw-ups and sound desyncs. I salvaged as much of it as I could.

"Grand" finals

WeeabooMaster (Mewtwo/Kirby) vs Pikachad (Mario/Link)

Other matches:

Fear (Pichu) vs Pikachad (Link)
WeeabooMaster (Mewtwo) vs Flow (Pichu/Bowser)
Carson (Mewtwo) vs Archaic (Ganondorf/Roy)
Flow (Bowser) vs Chinesah (GameWatch)
Flow (Bowser) vs Fear (Pichu)
Fear (Pichu) vs s0ft (Ganondorf)

RESULTS:

1: Pikachad (Link/Mario)
2: WeeabooMaster_Uzumaki9001 (Mewtwo/Kirby)
3: BushidoBrown (GameWatch)
4: Flow (Bowser/Pichu)
5: Fear (Pichu)
5: Carson (Mewtwo)
7: Soft (Ganondorf)
7: Mark (Ganondorf)
9: Vernon (Link?)

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
when should you texture hack your iso if you want to
do i build the sd remix iso first and then make texture changes or do i do it before?
Add the SDR files first, then apply the texture hacks. It probably won't matter in the way you do it in this case since SDR has no texture hacks, but this direction is a guarantee.

:phone:

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I think Pichus side b should be heavily nerfed, it's out of place and looks unprofessional. Pichu doesn't need recovery buffs and the move is quite good for KOing as well.

Led-Zeppelin

Smash Apprentice
I think Pichus side b should be heavily nerfed, it's out of place and looks unprofessional. Pichu doesn't need recovery buffs and the move is quite good for KOing as well.
I agree with this, it really does look out of place.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Pichu shouldn't even be a character.he should a complete joke

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
I love the patch so far, butttt some things just seem off or well unnecesary, Ganons upB, does it really need that much grab range? I think it's a little to much, pichus forward-b needs a serious nerf, it seems like he has 100% misfire rate or something, plus it looks really off.

That's it for now

JacopeX

Smash Apprentice
I seriously hope no one makes a tier list for this game. The match ups in this game should remain up to the player. It feels like day 1 melee, 2001 all over again. :)

We have a pretty good Pichu player in our group (Been playing Pichu since vanilla) and I have to agree that the Side-B is a little OP and gives him an unnecessary recovery boost. As Samus, Mewtwo, and G&W, I can easily gimp Pichu out of it when recovering while i'm on the stage anticipating it, but it just looks so pointless anyways. His side b in Vanilla gave Pichu enough boost and the only way for Pichu to die was by gimping him or just taking his stock.

List of characters we're able to give feedback on (Aka our mains):

Mario
Samus
Pichu
Roy
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Falco
Captain Falcon
Sheik
Zelda

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Thanks for the feedback guys. We take your suggestions and feedback seriously, so don't be afraid to voice your concerns.

Dragmire

Smash Lord
I seem to be having Trouble getting this something to work. the moment i hit the "gcreex -x" command my computer fails to get the transfer going, and i dont know what im doing wrong for sure

the only things i can think of are that my "ssbm" file is a .wad and it might need to be changed if not then it might be that im running windows 7 but idk what that would have to do with it. if i could get and answer that'd be greatly appreciated as i'd love to give this a go it sounds super fun

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
I seem to be having Trouble getting this something to work. the moment i hit the "gcreex -x" command my computer fails to get the transfer going, and i dont know what im doing wrong for sure

the only things i can think of are that my "ssbm" file is a .wad and it might need to be changed if not then it might be that im running windows 7 but idk what that would have to do with it. if i could get and answer that'd be greatly appreciated as i'd love to give this a go it sounds super fun

Well you can always make the ISO, and load it off of Swiss .3
as an alternative method for the time being.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778

Alright, this is what you will do:

0.5. Put the GCRe folder on your Local Disk (C:\)

1. Open CMD

2. Type "cd c:\GCRe", then press Enter

3. Then, write "GCReEx.exe -x"

4. Drag and drop the .ISO of the game

5. Press Enter

6. After it finishes, type "exit" and press Enter

7. Go to the GCRe Folder

8. Copy the folder "GALE01" to a "Games" Folder in your SD Card (or USB if using one)

9. Extract the Melee: SD Remix .rar into the "GALE01" Folder

10. ????

11. PROFIT!

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Print screen an image of your CMD.exe window before you entered exit so I can see the process.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
...getting stunned... In your shield? C'mon even if you aren't experienced with smash it shouldn't be that hard to figure out lol

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe that this isn't being talked about more. I woulda thought people would be flipping out over hacked melee. Seriously.

Anyway. This is super badass. Like, really.

And Ness is just waaaayyyyyyyy too fun. I can imagine all the setups and stuff already.

Please don't change Ness in future updates. He is fine the way he is.

Goddamn SD Remix is like the best thing ever. I was hyped for the new BlazBlue and Guilty Gear and Fursona sorta but now that I have SD Remix I really could care less.

Keep up the good stuff, Dogs and Doggesses.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I can't believe that this isn't being talked about more. I woulda thought people would be flipping out over hacked melee. Seriously.

Anyway. This is super badass. Like, really.

And Ness is just waaaayyyyyyyy too fun. I can imagine all the setups and stuff already.

Please don't change Ness in future updates. He is fine the way he is.

Goddamn SD Remix is like the best thing ever. I was hyped for the new BlazBlue and Guilty Gear and Fursona sorta but now that I have SD Remix I really could care less.

Keep up the good stuff, Dogs and Doggesses.
You get this excited over a balance patch for melee, how excited did you get for Project:M? because surely you know about this and have tried it.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
IMO, SD Remix has more potential than PM.

Thank you guys for making this. I just set Demo 1 up on Dolphin rather easily and I'm really excited about it. Until I get some controller adapters, you can expect to see some SD Remix TAS videos from me.

Will you be able to change the banner image? That would be really cool. As is, it's hard to distinguish the SD Remix ISO from the 1.0 ISO from the Dolphin main screen. Can I hex edit the game's "Note" somewhere?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I don't know if we can change the banner but I know dolphin just reads them alphabetically. I just have 2 ISOs also

SDR.iso
vmelee.iso

sdr is always on top

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
IMO, SD Remix has more potential than PM.
That's demonstrably false. Brawl is MUCH more hackable than Melee, has more available space for characters/stages/songs, and by being a new game, P:M has more meta left to develop. All that gives more potential. Not saying SD:R is bad, even by comparison, but the very goal of SD appears to be to change as little as possible while still balancing everyone who needs it, while Project:M is ~half melee and ~half new.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
To me, more hackable != more potential. SD Remix has more potential to be a good game.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
To me, more hackable != more potential. SD Remix has more potential to be a good game.
I don't know what you mean by !=, but it seems like you were disagreeing... But my post still applies. That's just outright wrong. Project:M is Melee with more characters, more stages, more customizability, and more balance, while SD:R is just Melee with more balance. Whether or not you like one more than the other is irrelevant, and whether or not that above post is your opinion or not is irrelevant. Because neither changes the fact the Project:M has strictly more potential. If you can't see this then I don't think you even understand what the word potential means.

Top Bottom