• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
hey, could you link me/tell me how to go about playing a hack of melee? can it be done with a wii?

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
I got to play this last week. It is the business.

I got some footage I should sift through perhaps.

ss118

Smash Master
I would be interested in testing this out for you guys.

If you need a resume or whatever I could attempt to provide one lol. I'm ss118 here, but at tournaments I am "articanus." I have a lot of extensive knowledge of low tier characters and can pretty much execute them flawlessly... except some shield abuse **** with Yoshi LOL. I think I can do more than just a decent job.

Milun

Smash Ace
(I played this at a friends house) Heeeeeeeey... someones finally using my stages. Thanks!

If you guys ever need a custom stage done, just give a holler. If there's one thing I support, it's a hack to make low-tiers better.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
thank you for the stages Milun. and thank you for the support.

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman
1. I absolutely love Project: M, I don't see it as Melee replacement, it's basically a sequel, heh heh.

2. That being said, this looks so cool because we get to use better versions of characters that didn't make it to Brawl, thus not being in Project M.

3. High-tier Roy? Mind=blown

4. I'm going to main Roy when I eventually get this because I want to.

5. I'm super excited for this.

6. What's this about GC ISO-hacking being illegal? That makes me a little nervous.

7. My Wii is currently hack-free. Does it take an extensive amount of hacking to play this and is there a chance that doing it wrong could damage my Wii?

Dude, I love BalloonShop. Olan Rogers is a super nice guy.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
1. I absolutely love Project: M, I don't see it as Melee replacement, it's basically a sequel, heh heh.

2. That being said, this looks so cool because we get to use better versions of characters that didn't make it to Brawl, thus not being in Project M.

3. High-tier Roy? Mind=blown

4. I'm going to main Roy when I eventually get this because I want to.

5. I'm super excited for this.

6. What's this about GC ISO-hacking being illegal? That makes me a little nervous.

7. My Wii is currently hack-free. Does it take an extensive amount of hacking to play this and is there a chance that doing it wrong could damage my Wii?

Dude, I love BalloonShop. Olan Rogers is a super nice guy.
GC ISO hacking isn't remotely illegal as long as you're not distributing full ISO's. Not sure how you "extensively" hack your Wii but modern day Wii softmods are easy, removeable, and risk-free so as long as your following the tutorials you're reading right nothing's going to happen to your Wii.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
So I read a comment on a video of SD remix that you guys can't change animations. Im not even remotely familiar with melee hacking- What are the relevant things you guys CAN do? I'm guessing they include changing hitbox properties/locations/knockbacks etc. I would guess you guys can add hitboxes. Can you guys speed up moves, like with an FSM as in brawl?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Uhh yeah, we can speed up/slow down existing animations, change hitbox properties of all sorts for characters and articles [projectiles], but we're limited on adding new commands of any sort because Melee character files are sorta lame.

We also have [limited] editing capabilities of specials (reflection, ledge grabbing, etc.). Oh, and we can edit Attributes of course.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Wow, this certainly looks interesting. I would like to apply ( i am a G&W main, i have a lot of free time, spend almost all the day on the internet, i have a hacked wii and i have a capture card, so i could provide good quality videos).

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
So are you guys going to be as tight lipped as possible about the editing process and stages of development characters are going through before the full release kinda like the PMBR does, or are you willing to provide details to help with community hype? I'm actually considering learning how to softmod my wii just for this, but I would love to know ahead of time that it'll be worth it. I've always wanted to main MewTwo, and I've even started playing around with him more just to get used to his physics (which are like... completely backwards from Falco), but in order for that to be realistic I'll need to know if this can become a big thing with the melee community.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
we're not so much tight-lipped as we are resource deprived. we have 0 PR/hype people who are good with smashing keyboards professionally nor editing footage for a slick combo video or whatever.

Do note that we still currently don't have any qualifiers for playtesting (I am wording this in a manner to imply there will, at some point, be applications you need to fill out), so it's pretty easy to grab a build and get things running once you've been added into the SDRBR.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
we're not so much tight-lipped as we are resource deprived. we have 0 PR/hype people who are good with smashing keyboards professionally nor editing footage for a slick combo video or whatever.

Do note that we still currently don't have any qualifiers for playtesting (I am wording this in a manner to imply there will, at some point, be applications you need to fill out), so it's pretty easy to grab a build and get things running once you've been added into the SDRBR.
Well, if you need help with video editing i think i can be useful for that too lol.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlZ-zqNXSdU

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Wow, this certainly looks interesting. I would like to apply ( i am a G&W main, i have a lot of free time, spend almost all the day on the internet, i have a hacked wii and i have a capture card, so i could provide good quality videos).
Don't accept this guy. He has been proven to be untrustworthy and has leaked/distributed copies of unfinished builds in the past.

If you know what's best for the SDRBR, keep this guy away.

edit: welp, too late.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Don't accept this guy. He has been proven to be untrustworthy and has leaked/distributed copies of unfinished builds in the past.

If you know what's best for the SDRBR, keep this guy away.

edit: welp, too late.
You are extremely ********. that was over 2 years ago (i was kiddo back then). Also, i was never a P:M tester, i just happened to have a link. People dont forget huh?

Danny_SsB

Smash Apprentice
I would be interested to be tester using Mario and Kirby for this project, i like SSB64 and
Melee and i do SSB64 hacks :B

Morin0

Smash Lord
You are extremely ********. that was over 2 years ago (i was kiddo back then). Also, i was never a P:M tester, i just happened to have a link. People dont forget huh?
No, you didn't happen to have a link, you actively searched for it and distributed it for a bit and you even uploaded videos on Youtube before the PM people scolded you. Also, he didn't say anything about you being a PM tester or not; that's irrelevant.

Anyways, this probably won't change anything, but I just thought I would clear this up a bit.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
For anyone interested in becoming a playtester and has not already become one, the first post now has the steps outlined.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
No, you didn't happen to have a link, you actively searched for it and distributed it for a bit and you even uploaded videos on Youtube before the PM people scolded you. Also, he didn't say anything about you being a PM tester or not; that's irrelevant.

Anyways, this probably won't change anything, but I just thought I would clear this up a bit.
Wut, really? Actively searching is just being online just when a guy decided to post the link on the topic??

also

>2 years ago

Grew up, became a developer of a game too (SSB Crusade). Get over it, i changed.

Sorry for the offtopic, but i hate when people speak **** about me.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Wut, really? Actively searching is just being online just when a guy decided to post the link on the topic??

also

>2 years ago

Grew up, became a developer of a game too (SSB Crusade). Get over it, i changed.

Sorry for the offtopic, but i hate when people speak **** about me.
I don't think the link to the leak was posted on Smashboards. It was posted on another forum. I think someone has to actively search for a leak of some sort to find it. Anyways, it is what it is. I only made it more clear. I'm not here to "speak **** about you" or say you're a terrible person for doing that. :starman:

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Just to finish the offtopic, yes, the link was posted here by a guy with the nick "SPREADTHETRUTH" (or something like that). it was posted multiple times on the P:M topic (Do you remember when the topic got closed?? it was because that)

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I'd love to make sdr combo vids but Im having hard time finding people willing to play this :/ Im really biased because I expect everyone to love this project as I do

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Well, the only reason I would hack it would be if you guys were definitely going to let me playtest it. But you guys can hardly guarantee me a DL if I don't have a hacked wii. lol
Also I don't know how to hack a wii or long it takes and whether or not I can do it without messing it up

Top Bottom