• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCSYN5! Feb 15th-16th Oak Lawn, IL - $200 Pot Bonus

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'm having trouble gathering MI interest for this, everyone seems to have Friday johns :( and I won't make the drive solo

Trail, find another teammate, I don't wanna bail on you last-minute if I can't go.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
wtf kind of classes are they taking they can't skip a day in febraury? lol

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
I'm having trouble gathering MI interest for this, everyone seems to have Friday johns :( and I won't make the drive solo

Trail, find another teammate, I don't wanna bail on you last-minute if I can't go.
NAH *** THAT ILL ROLL WIT YOU TIL THE END. if you end up not going its all good i'll just use my day off to do other ****.

Rat

Smash Lord
Sad that jugglerob and metroid are backing out. =(

I've updated the event info with stuff about a Sudden Death round of pool.
Basically this is to give people who cannot come on Friday a chance to enter PM and Melee Singles.
Also it gives an incentive to comeback if you were knocked out on friday. =)

Here's what I added. Let me know if you have questions or if I can explain it better.

Singles Pools - Sudden Death Round

On Saturday Morning/Afternoon there will be an extra round of pools. This is another chance for eliminated players to make it into bracket. And it's an opportunity for those who could not come friday to enter.

Second Chance for Eliminated Players
Of the players eliminated from the tournament on Friday, the player with the best record from each pool will be entered into the Sudden Death round.

Example: Top 4 Advance from Pools*. You barely lost to a jerk-store Peach player and got 5th seed. You will advance into the Sudden Death Round of pools.

*Not the actual amount. The number who advance from pools will be determined at the tournament.

Last Chance Entry
If you could not make it to the tournament on Friday and still want to enter, you can register for the Sudden Death round on Saturday Morning.
Entry Fee will be the same as on Friday.

Note:
There will not be many pools. If you carpool and enter - you'all may be in the same death pool. The TOs will try their best to split you up accordingly.
If you are a super pro and don't feel like entering friday - Players who advance from sudden death pools will get low seeding into the bracket.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Sad that jugglerob and metroid are backing out. =(

I've updated the event info with stuff about a Sudden Death round of pool.
Basically this is to give people who cannot come on Friday a chance to enter PM and Melee Singles.
Also it gives an incentive to comeback if you were knocked out on friday. =)

Here's what I added. Let me know if you have questions or if I can explain it better.

Singles Pools - Sudden Death Round

On Saturday Morning/Afternoon there will be an extra round of pools. This is another chance for eliminated players to make it into bracket. And it's an opportunity for those who could not come friday to enter.

Second Chance for Eliminated Players
Of the players eliminated from the tournament on Friday, the player with the best record from each pool will be entered into the Sudden Death round.

Example: Top 4 Advance from Pools*. You barely lost to a jerk-store Peach player and got 5th seed. You will advance into the Sudden Death Round of pools.

*Not the actual amount. The number who advance from pools will be determined at the tournament.

Last Chance Entry
If you could not make it to the tournament on Friday and still want to enter, you can register for the Sudden Death round on Saturday Morning.
Entry Fee will be the same as on Friday.

Note:
There will not be many pools. If you carpool and enter - you'all may be in the same death pool. The TOs will try their best to split you up accordingly.
If you are a super pro and don't feel like entering friday - Players who advance from sudden death pools will get low seeding into the bracket.
Sorry for backing out Rat, but I'm going through some life stuff right now =/.

Sudden Death round sounds like an awesome idea though, this is a great option for people who can't enter on Friday.

Rat

Smash Lord
Sorry for backing out Rat, but I'm going through some life stuff right now =/.

Sudden Death round sounds like an awesome idea though, this is a great option for people who can't enter on Friday.
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things work out for you.

Also SUDDEN DEATH round! I hope dart makes it out for that.

Tink

Smash Hero
u got Tink....u dont need anymore big names =D.....and all of chicago's looking to take names.

Rat

Smash Lord
Biggest Names coming to this:
BigC and BigD (maybe... on the Drew)

But naw no super pro's are coming (afaik.)

States attending:
Texas, MO, WI, and MN should be comin.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sorry to hear you can't go metroid, was looking forward to playing you.

Tink

Smash Hero
im 20 mins from the border, and havnt been to a chicago tournament in over 5 months 0_0.....thats about as, NOT chicago, as it gets 0_o.

Tink

Smash Hero
rightttttt!? i mean like, i do suck. shouldnt even be a problem....cept in PM =DD....then u gotta watch out.....rats still having nightmares from what happend =).

Tink

Smash Hero
LOLLL...yooo, that was my FIRST look at a bowser, EVER lollll...it was quiteee a sight to behold. but ill be ready next time...u gotta understand that, by the end of the tournament, ppl were MADDD drained....it was crazy heh. i think trail ended up using, literally, 2 moves...that was it heh.

Tink

Smash Hero
i aint worried =D....i learned alot from my matches with trail that will be used for others...like the fact that marth D-air will give chicago bowsers nightmares =D.

ORLY

Smash Master
lol personally i think marth is bowser's worst MU

but that was before i used bowsey against ZSS

EFF THAT SHIZ

ORLY

Smash Master
aggro fox is too fun

i may be betraying my falcon roots when it comes to PM

but god damn

john!

Smash Hero

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
john are we still teamin for this? tbh i'd rather not enter melee dubs at all but if you still want to i'll do it since i said i would already

Top Bottom