• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCSYN3! (MELEE) - Chicago -[AUGUST 21st] $200 pot bonus!

Zjiin

Smash Master
This is true. SCSYN3 is already in motion. We will update you as soon as we can on details. Mark your calendars for August

OP UPDATED

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
oh yeah i usually help TO these and pay venue fee anyway because if i didnt i'd be leaving it up to bigc

Zjiin

Smash Master
I'm only co-hosting this. Vro is being passed the torch now. Of course my awesomeness will still break records and drop panties.

Vro

Smash Lord
unfortunately apex is the first weekend of august and i refuse to host it then. at least one week of rest is required. we are currently looking at the third or 4th weekend of august. damian please read my pm and update the first post with venue information, date, setup stuff, pot bonus, etc.

**** china's firewall...

bigd edit: currently shanghai. going to visit nanjing and tibet.

Vro

Smash Lord
we walked around the expo for three hrs, only on the pudong side. we only entered the brazil pavilion; my cousin knew a volunteer at that site so we skipped the lines. the lines were way too long on all the pavilions, and when we went inside the brazil one (near the end of our walk) we were thoroughly unimpressed. lot of mother****ers and way too hot.

wish i could be there for poe.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
vro you should hang out with wei, he's in shanghai

wow weird darkatma knows wei too

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
unfortunately apex is the first weekend of august and i refuse to host it then. at least one week of rest is required. we are currently looking at the third or 4th weekend of august. damian please read my pm and update the first post with venue information, date, setup stuff, pot bonus, etc.

**** china's firewall...

bigd edit: currently shanghai. going to visit nanjing and tibet.
hahaah, tibetans .... such a lazy people

where would they be without the chinese... **** mongrols

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
a friend of mine did that, then i told him that one of the tibetans i hung out with lit his cigarette by taking a log out of a campfire and holding it up to his face

then he respected them

Vro

Smash Lord
will someone call damian and make him check swf? his last activity was 6/16. what a lazy *******

darkatma

Smash Hero
we walked around the expo for three hrs, only on the pudong side. we only entered the brazil pavilion; my cousin knew a volunteer at that site so we skipped the lines. the lines were way too long on all the pavilions, and when we went inside the brazil one (near the end of our walk) we were thoroughly unimpressed. lot of mother****ers and way too hot.

wish i could be there for poe.
lol i hate china coz of the world expo
so many ppl cutting in line, till the security showed up and taped the gaps in the fences of the germany line.

i checked out about 10ish pavilions, and got in stuff like england only when it was about to close

come to taiwann! you're only 2 hours away from me if you're in shanghai

also i wish i could be at poe as well
oh well livestream

Vro

Smash Lord
Rat help me update this post to be put in the OP.

SCSYN3!
Melee only Mother ****ers.

Date and Venue Information
The event date has been decided and Sakurai 3 will be hosted on August 21st.
Doors will open at 11am and registration is to be completed by 12:30pm. Teams should start no later than 1:15pm and end before 5:00pm. Singles registration and pools should be done and in place by 6:00, letting us finish at 12am.

Grace Community Church
10415 Kedvale Ave
Oak Lawn, IL 60453

There will be a $10 venue fee. Bringing a cube, TV, and a disc will get you a $5 rebate. Bringing power strips or extension cords will get you a $1 rebate, each. I am willing to pay players up to $5 for any additional equipment they bring. I will count recording equipment as a $3 rebate, only if it may be used all tourney.

All players that have shown over 40% attendance to the Vro Zone will receive a $5 discount on venue fee.

Payout
There is an OoS Bonus! The Vro Zone thread has kept track of attendance and pot bonus. I expect the OoS Bonus to be ~ $80 for first place and ~$40 for 2nd place. I am doing a payout of 60/30/10 and giving 4th place their money back.

In addition to the venue fee, bring money for:
$20 per team, doubles
$15 singles

Legal Issues
We will be using the Apex ruleset. This is the Apex Ruleset.

Misc
I have no idea what other information is needed.

More venue info, pics, etc to be added.

Get hyped mother ****ers.

Tink

Smash Hero
just make a new thread cary! it would be better to make a new one. and change it to 10 a person for teams =D.

Tink

Smash Hero
just make a new thread cary! it would be better to make a new one. and change it to 10 a person for teams =D.

Rat

Smash Lord
The Address:
Grace Community Church
10415 Kedvale Ave
Oak Lawn, IL 60453

Pictures will be added tomorrow.

Vro

Smash Lord
damian at least update the mother ****ing title

i'm banking on past people who subbed this thread.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
oh man the church by rats house!

same day as MAS, thats karma for webster

Top Bottom