• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ScrewAttack Declares Project M 5th Best Wii Game In Top 10

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
Wow, putting Netflix on that is just insulting... -__-
could they really not find another game to replace it, I mean the other 9 aren't all of the good games the Wii had.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
What!? What about No More Heros? What about Marumasa: The Demon Blade? What about the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princes (>>>>>>>>>>> Skyward Sword)

DAT NETFLIX DOE!?

D

Deleted member

Netflix at #8? TBH, I prefer Photo Channel, it had better gameplay and graphics.

Sonic94

Smash Apprentice
Why does everyone hate brawl here? I have always considered it to be one of the better smash games, and my personal favorite.

Last edited:

Sonic94

Smash Apprentice
And this list sucks by the way I don't even recognize most of the games on it oh and Netflix and a mod on a top ten video games list. I honestly think this was a troll post ment to start flame wars.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Because it's what new people are told when they are brainwashed into PM.
And yet people want to be told that Brawl is actually considered good despite the fact that only one character is relevant in Brawl and that there is random tripping that is terrible design for any video game out there. I'd so much prefer Project M, Smash 4, Melee, and Smash 64 than that unbalanced game.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I don't play PM and since I'm a casual player, I don't care about balance changes. I would actually get it since Mewtwo and Roy are playable but there are some things that I don't like:

Some really fun stages were removed or completely changed just for the sake of being competitively viable;
Some items and special smash options were replaced as well;
Most single-player modes are downgraded in some way due to the addition of more characters (Mewtwo and Roy don't appear as opponents/allies in Classic and don't have their own congratulations pictures/trophies, and their sound effects replace the ones for some SSE bosses);
The name itself screams "BRAWL IS TRASH MELEE IS A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER" (even though that's not really a gameplay issue).

In short, it would have been cool if they just added more stuff instead of replacing what's already in the game.

Outside of these issues though, Project M seems perfect. It must have been really hard to make, and it's nice to see it getting some love here. Congrats to the PM Dev Team.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I don't play PM and since I'm a casual player, I don't care about balance changes. I would actually get it since Mewtwo and Roy are playable but there are some things that I don't like:

Some really fun stages were removed or completely changed just for the sake of being competitively viable;
Some items and special smash options were replaced as well;
Most single-player modes are downgraded in some way due to the addition of more characters (Mewtwo and Roy don't appear as opponents/allies in Classic and don't have their own congratulations pictures/trophies, and their sound effects replace the ones for some SSE bosses);
The name itself screams "BRAWL IS TRASH MELEE IS A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER" (even though that's not really a gameplay issue).

In short, it would have been cool if they just added more stuff instead of replacing what's already in the game.

Outside of these issues though, Project M seems perfect. It must have been really hard to make, and it's nice to see it getting some love here. Congrats to the PM Dev Team.
It is possible to change stages by yourself.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
It is possible to change stages by yourself.
So I can just replace all of the new stages with the Brawl ones? Or can I have both the old ones and the new ones? Either one would be cool, but it still leaves 3 flaws. I don't think the last one will ever be changed though.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So I can just replace all of the new stages with the Brawl ones? Or can I have both the old ones and the new ones? Either one would be cool, but it still leaves 3 flaws. I don't think the last one will ever be changed though.
There are a lot of tutorials in the "Customized Content" section of the Project M boards and even modded versions to download. And with the good applications, it can be very easy to change things.

Top Bottom