• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Screen issues? Please help.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Okay, so... one day a while back, my laptop's screen went all weird. What happened was, gray lines started to appear randomly all over the screen, and the colors got all distorted... Since then, the same thing has happened at random times. I have no idea what it is... initially I thought it was just because I touched the border of the screen, but now it happens with no real cause...

I really need some help here. :/ My computer's a Compaq... Presario CQ56, is what I see. Please help, it freaks me out whenever it does this.

John2k4

The End of an Era
How long is it powered on before this happens? Could be an issue with the backlight heating the screen up too much, therefore distorting it..

Patinator

Smash Champion
Well... I'm in the habit of not letting it get too hot. I rarely run it for more than an hour at a time. The odd thing is, it almost always happen right after I bring it out of sleep mode, and... far as I can tell, that's only when it happens.

Top Bottom