• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scorpion vs Ryu

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
So I THINK I know how this is gona go lol, but I wanted to put it out there to see how the community feels.

Does anyone have any wish for Scorpion from mk to be in smash? I've always wanted to be able to face storpion off against Ryu in a smash like game, but I was always kinda like eh that can't happen. But ever since Ryu got in I'm like holy s*** this is almost posible. These two are like the biggest fighting game rivals of all time. Front men of their respective games. I really doubt it would happen, but I also realy wish Scorpion could get into smash.

I know right away people are gona say he's too bloody etc. But I see no reason nintendo can't add him while removing all blood effects. His spear, teleport punch and fire attacks are iconic enough.

Plus I mean just watch this and telme you don't want it at your finger tips:

Flame away lol

Mgl

Smash Apprentice
I would like sub-zero in just to see everyone lose there **** but im not that attached to the character.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Honestly, I'd be a fan of the idea IF:

- His design is based on MK1-3, and not the overly elaborate and increasingly demonic-looking incarnations since.
- His final smash is a fatality. It doesn't actually have to be gory or visibly fatal (more like Marth's one-hit-fly-off-screen thing) but if you can't get "FATALITY" or "FINISH HIM" to show up on the screen during the match, what's the point?
- He has alternate costume colors for Sub Zero, Reptile, Smoke, Noob Saibot, Rain and old-school Ermac.

Oddball

Smash Lord

- His design is based on MK1-3, and not the overly elaborate and increasingly demonic-looking incarnations since.
- His final smash is a fatality. It doesn't actually have to be gory or visibly fatal (more like Marth's one-hit-fly-off-screen thing) but if you can't get "FATALITY" or "FINISH HIM" to show up on the screen during the match, what's the point?
- He has alternate costume colors for Sub Zero, Reptile, Smoke, Noob Saibot, Rain and old-school Ermac.
I fully agree with all of that.

However, I really don't have a preference between Sub-Zero and Scorpion. Either could work. Also, while I ahve no problems with the character showing up, he wouldn't be anywhere near my top 100 wishlist.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord

This is exactly what I was thinking. I'm slowly working on a brawl mod of him that is basically this.

Mgl

Smash Apprentice
This is exactly what I was thinking. I'm slowly working on a brawl mod of him that is basically this.
I like his MK10 look the best, It does the best job at revamping his old look without making him look too demonic like mk9

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I like his MK10 look the best, It does the best job at revamping his old look without making him look too demonic like mk9
I think that would be a nice alternate costume. But his moveset and animations should be strongly based on mk 1-3, more specifically 3

Oh actually, there are a few additions I'd like to see so Scorpion fits better in smash. His spear I'd like to see have an upward angle version. I'd make it his side b or up b rather than his grab. (I'm making it side b in my mod). Also, he'd need to be able to use his spear in air in this case. And his fire breath is a good attack too have as well. If you watch the video above, that's basically what imgoing for.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
To be clear, I actually overwhelmingly like the MKX cast redesigns. I just think that, in order to fit into Smash, he should resemble his nostalgic SNES look. It would be jarring to have this incredibly detailed, demonic-looking MK fighter on the same roster as Yoshi, Baby Bowser and Rosalina/Luma.

Plus, it makes pallet swaps so much easier to rep your favorite MK character, even if the moves are distinctly Scorpion.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
To be clear, I actually overwhelmingly like the MKX cast redesigns. I just think that, in order to fit into Smash, he should resemble his nostalgic SNES look. It would be jarring to have this incredibly detailed, demonic-looking MK fighter on the same roster as Yoshi, Baby Bowser and Rosalina/Luma.

Plus, it makes pallet swaps so much easier to rep your favorite MK character, even if the moves are distinctly Scorpion.
Personally, my favorite is the MK9 design and that'd be how I would like for him to look in Smash, but I certainly can see your point. I don't think a modern Scorpion would be more over-detailed or out of place than the version of Simon included, so it could work.

Scorpion is easily on my top 15 most wanted characters. Pitting him against Ryu is as much a 90's kid's dream as Mario vs Sonic.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord

latest.gif

Only alt he needs

Top Bottom