• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scoring question?

Crossofdevil

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I am wondering what makes your GSP higher. In classic mode for example or all star. How do you get a higher score? And does using Custom items affect the score you get at the end? For example if I do Mario on 9.0 w/o customs and then I do it with Mario at 9.0 again with customs will that affect my score?

Its really not clear at all. If someone can give a detailed answer that would be really awesome!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In Classic and All-Star, your score can be affected by how much damage you deal to fighters, along with how quickly you complete each stage.

For Home-Run Contest, it's based on how far you send Sandbag.

For Target Blast, it's based on how many points you score.

For Multi-Man Smash, it's based on how quickly you clear the match in the 10-Man and 100-Man Smash game modes, while it's based on your KO total (final score in Rival Smash) for the other modes.

Obviously, a higher score, or a faster best time, will give you a higher GSP rating.

Crossofdevil

Smash Rookie
Great so the Classic and All star is based on damage and time. Haha the Home run contest I am sure that was self explanatory! Anyways so does using custom items on your fighters lower the score then on Classic and All star? Or If I did the exact same run for example one using customs and one not using customs will the custom one score less? That is my final question.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Using customs or not won't affect your score, but there are some challenges that require you to NOT use any customizations.

Crossofdevil

Smash Rookie
Using customs or not won't affect your score, but there are some challenges that require you to NOT use any customizations.
Honestly that is really dumb. I think this is the worst smash brothers game of all. I am really not impressed with it. Anyways thank you for the response I could not find that information ANYWHERE!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Honestly that is really dumb. I think this is the worst smash brothers game of all. I am really not impressed with it. Anyways thank you for the response I could not find that information ANYWHERE!
If you hate what I told you there, then you'll be even more outraged with the amount of hard challenges that this game has.

Crossofdevil

Smash Rookie
If you hate what I told you there, then you'll be even more outraged with the amount of hard challenges that this game has.
I only have like 2 more challenges to go. I did the Metroid one because I got realllyyyyyyyyyyyy lucky, but the only hard one I find is with Marth on 9.0.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I only have like 2 more challenges to go. I did the Metroid one because I got realllyyyyyyyyyyyy lucky, but the only hard one I find is with Marth on 9.0.
That probably is worth Golden Hammering, assuming that you still have some Golden Hammers left. But that's just me.

Crossofdevil

Smash Rookie
That probably is worth Golden Hammering, assuming that you still have some Golden Hammers left. But that's just me.
Nope I am going to do it! I can beat Master fortress on 8.5 without losing a life and no customs. So its only a matter of time before I do get that one. Anyways off topic, when I asked my question yesterday I also wanted to know if Equipment can affect the score as well? Or Customs and Equipment wont make a difference?

And since I am already here would you buy chance know the answer to these questions since you seem very knowledgeable on Smash bros!

- Do you know what is the Trophy Cap? Max amount of having a certain trophy?
-The max cap of Crazy order Passes? Someone told me 99 but they were not sure.
-If I get Perfect on the credits for every character, will I unlock something special?

I hope someone knows! :)

Oh and final thing is is there a website which has a list of all the smash bros characters with a list of equipped equipment for each character? Would there be a thread somewhere here on this website?

David Wonn

Smash Ace
^

I'll answer what I know:

You might as well use equipment. It does not count for or against you for purposes of points.

It is unknown at this time the number of duplicates you can have of each trophy, assuming that is what you are asking. Having duplicates of any given trophy serves no special purpose, since trophies cannot be sold.

As for Crazy Order passes, I've held well over 100 of them. Again, the limit is unknown. The number 99 is the limit to the number of Crazy Orders turns that the game keeps track of. So if you happen to play a 100th turn and beat the boss battle, the game will record your score as 99 at the end.

Getting a perfect 100% of the credits beaten simply accumulates your total in your Vault Records (and of course completes the challenge the first successful attempt only.) An interesting fact is that 99.99% also counts, though 99.98% does not. Doing so with each character does nothing special in particular.

As for equipment, I'll probably make some post about equipment management in the near future especially since you cannot hold more than 2991 pieces in your inventory at the same time. Some resources exist online which tell which characters can use each type of equipment and general stat ranges, but none of them detail very specific things like +85/-42 being the absolute best stats possible on one piece of equipment without bonus effects, etc. More to come on that in another thread...

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Does getting damaged negatively impact your score? Does doing damage/KOing multiple characters at once affect your score as well? I'm referring to Classic or All Star regular score and not GSP.

Top Bottom