• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

School Project

ZeusExMachina

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
So for my 9th-grade teen living class, my teacher is making us teach the class about something we're passionate about. After giving the class a brief history of the topic, and describing our personal connection to it, we're supposed to have an interactive activity about the topic. My teacher is being ridiculous, since she hates video games, she's being a ***** and saying that my activity cant be playing the game. I've been trying for two weeks to come up with an activity, any thoughts??

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Draft a complaint to the school's board of directors.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Are you literally dispassionate about everything except video games? It's OK if you are but when you think of it like that... Like if video games suddenly disappeared and you were forced to concentrate on something else what would it be? Cooking? Reading? Music? Sports? Politics? Religion? There's no end to the possibilities really just gotta think a bit. I have no specific suggestions due to lack of knowing you personally but I'm sure there must be something? And if not then yeah you should make an attempt to illustrate that you literally care about nothing else in life except video games (they won't believe you).

ZeusExMachina

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
Are you literally dispassionate about everything except video games? It's OK if you are but when you think of it like that... Like if video games suddenly disappeared and you were forced to concentrate on something else what would it be? Cooking? Reading? Music? Sports? Politics? Religion? There's no end to the possibilities really just gotta think a bit. I have no specific suggestions due to lack of knowing you personally but I'm sure there must be something? And if not then yeah you should make an attempt to illustrate that you literally care about nothing else in life except video games (they won't believe you).
Sorry, I probably should have explained this better, my presentation is coming up, which I've been working on for the last month, meaning it's too late to switch now, also, we each had to pick something different, so the other things I was passionate about were already taken.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Ohhhhhh I gotcha. You can do video games just the class activity can't be playing one. That's fair.

Let's see, well, it really depends on how much work you want to do. I haven't been in school for like twenty five years so prolly lots has changed but had it been me I'd have done something along the lines of having the class make a game!

Back then the programming languages were BASIC, Pascal, and C++

But these days shoot you got Flash, Java, and even WYSIWYG editors like Gamemaker. There was a nifty 8bit zelda creator a few years back, all open source.

Another thing you could do is pretend your class is a game designing firm. Assign classmates into groups so one for story boards one for maps one for sprites etc. You wouldn't necessarily have to have a finished product per se, rather you could have the concept fleshed out at each level, and present it as "this is what it takes to make a game" kinda thing.

ZeusExMachina

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
Ohhhhhh I gotcha. You can do video games just the class activity can't be playing one. That's fair.

Let's see, well, it really depends on how much work you want to do. I haven't been in school for like twenty five years so prolly lots has changed but had it been me I'd have done something along the lines of having the class make a game!

Back then the programming languages were BASIC, Pascal, and C++

But these days shoot you got Flash, Java, and even WYSIWYG editors like Gamemaker. There was a nifty 8bit zelda creator a few years back, all open source.

Another thing you could do is pretend your class is a game designing firm. Assign classmates into groups so one for story boards one for maps one for sprites etc. You wouldn't necessarily have to have a finished product per se, rather you could have the concept fleshed out at each level, and present it as "this is what it takes to make a game" kinda thing.
Thanks, that was actually really helpful, I think the game designing firm is a great idea, I'll probably end up doing that, thanks for the help.

Top Bottom