• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

School > Brawl Scarborough, Ontario October 24th

Gichan

Smash Champion
Just For Kicks
445 Midwest road
Unit 34
Scarborough
Saturday, October 24th, 2009

Schedule: (will be updated)
11am-9pm

11am: doors open
11-11:30: set up and friendlies
11:30: Singles and Doubles registration, BlazBlue registration
1:00pm: Brawl singles pools begins

Prices:
Brawl

Venue fee: $5
Singles: $10
Doubles: $20 ($10 per person) (if enough interest)

Brawl +

Singles: $2

BlazBlue & SF IV

Singles: $2

Food:
There is a Tim Hortons that is right across the street and a Subway that is about a 5 minute walk away.

Also the owner wants to do a BBQ with hamburgers, hot dogs and cans of pop. The hamburgers and hot dogs would be $2 each and pop would be $1.

Directions from TTC transit:

1)From the TTC subway ( on Bloor-Danforth line, green) take the train to Midland station.

or

2) From the Yonge- University line (yellow) transfer to the Danforth line either on Spadina, St. George, or Bloor-Yonge and follow directions above (Bloor-Danforth)

3) Once you reach Midland station, take the 57 to ellesmere road. 5 minute walk to venue.

There are other ways to reach the venue, choose your preference.

For driving:
google maps people, google maps
update on parking soon.

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl

SBR Certified

General rules:
-3 Stock
-8 minute timer
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
-You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Infinite Grabs: Gentlemen's rule (we don't like it, but if you need to do it to win, go right ahead).

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage Lists

Starter:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks:

Castle Siege
Delfino
Distant Planet
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

Banned:

Everything else.

Additional Rules for Double's Play:
Life Stealing is allowed
Set team attack to ON

Optional Rules:

-Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overttime or the sudden death will be played out. The TO needs to decide which of these will be used before the tournament. Bowser's suicide klaw is exempt from this rule.

-Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or

-Sonic and Lucario can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

-Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

General Rules:
-no illegal substances, no alcohol, no green.
-don't smell, please shower
-Tournament matches have priority over friendlies. MMs have priority over friendlies
-Keep trash talking casual, no need for us to witness someone getting a punch in the face

Staff:
Gi
Mikey
Silverdoc
5ive

Wii + Brawl:
Gi x1
F1ZZ x1 (Brawl +)
5ive x1 (Brawl +)
Painted Ghost x1 (Brawl +)
JustNoOne x1 (brawl)
Jack x1
Rikana x1
Doc x1
Decoy x1

T.V.s:
F1ZZ x1
5ive x1
Painted Ghost x1
Mikey x1
owner of Venue (proooo) x1
Niagara x4 (mother****ing beasts!)
Decoy x1

Extension Cords:
Mikey x3

Power Bars:
Niko X ?

Recording Stations:
5ive x1

Attendance:
1. Gi
2. 5ive
3. F1ZZ
4. Painted Ghost
5. Distructo
6. Mikey
7. Silverdoc
8. Illiad
9. Niko
10. Fool
11. Jack
12. Dimmy
13. Nickcam
14. Violent-nin (maybe)
15. Idea
16. Jasuke (maybe)
17. Izzo
18. Erix (worldjem)
19. Pause
20. AvariceX
21. Eugene
22. SkylerSilver
23. Cruxis
24. Dinner
25. JustNoOne
26. i1337 (from AiB)
27, Ray Kalm
28. Inle~Orichas
29. Looftwaffles
30. SaiyanMaster (from AiB)
31. Raidos
32. Kuenzel
33. Lawlbot
34. KC
35. Culex (maybe)
36. KingAce
37. Hollow Corex
38. Vincenzo
39. Patches
40. Tippr
41. PK-Ow
42. Decoy
43. Rikana(maybe)
44. Uber Noob
45. Akatsuki-Knight
46. Zetsu
47. Decoy+4
52. Ray Kalm's +2

Dud's bringing the rest of her shirts. Meta Knight, Peach and Snake shirts are only $10 now and there are only a few Falcon shirts left!

Everyone please bring equipment, we can make this tourney pro with the more **** we got.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Reserved for Space and notices.

Can someone get me the ruleset for SF IV and/or BB?

Both games will be played!

Iliad

Smash Lord
I'm pretty much confirmed.

Also.

I'm happy for you SF4/BB, and I'ma let you finish. But Steet Fighter 2 is one of the best side tournament choices of all time. OF ALL TIME.

5ive

Smash Champion
omg GET MONTREAL HERE.

SFIV. I'll bring Melee too, if anyone wants to play. Stos said he'll come if there are Melee friendlies available.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Blazblue, because most melee people play that over SF4

Iliad - can you bring an xbox with hdr? I only have xbox stick, we can play if you bring it lol....and please don't be bad at this game lol, I don't want to waste time beating up noobz : P

edit: rofl at bigm, what a smart dude >_>

idea

Smash Master
If there's a melee setup, I'll go.
same.

i'd enter brawl+ though. if we're picking two like you said, then my vote goes to brawl+, and...i guess vBrawl. i already know some of its community and that'd probably give brawl+ a better attendance than any of the other games. SF4 would be cool too, though.

5ive

Smash Champion
same.

i'd enter brawl+ though. if we're picking two like you said, then my vote goes to brawl+, and...i guess vBrawl. i already know some of its community and that'd probably give brawl+ a better attendance than any of the other games. SF4 would be cool too, though.
I think we're supposed to pick from BlazBlue and SF4.

Brawl+ and vBrawl are happening for sure.
Double vote for SF4.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
dayum, maybe anthony is right, brawl is dying to street fighter and blazblue :(, well My attendance depends on BISB, so if I go there, I wont be coming here, and I'm trying as hard as a mofo to get there. sry Gi, may miss another one of your tournaments.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
confirm me!....if b+ entry stays the same ill enter that also,if not then sorry

also iliad knows wassup with sf2 :)

Jasuke

Smash Cadet
Blazblue, because most melee people play that over SF4

Iliad - can you bring an xbox with hdr? I only have xbox stick, we can play if you bring it lol....and please don't be bad at this game lol, I don't want to waste time beating up noobz : P

edit: rofl at bigm, what a smart dude >_>
If i can make it to this then ill bring my xbox with BB and SF4 and my vote is for BB cause i have to play Mikey in a bracket match LOL

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
+1 SFIV

Although this is the same day as Pownz' SFIV tourney for the big TV so you probably won't get much SFIV turnout.

Also +1 Melee :)

JvaN_

Smash Apprentice
If i can make it to this then ill bring my xbox with BB and SF4 and my vote is for BB cause i have to play Mikey in a bracket match LOL
Facing Mikey in BB is like having a bye LOL.. I suck and I wreck him.

I don't play any of the listed games anymore (school > games rofl), but I got back into playing 64, so I might end up bringing that lol

Oh and I pick BB cause I have only played SF4 like 5 times

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Facing Mikey in BB is like having a bye LOL.. I suck and I wreck him.

I don't play any of the listed games anymore (school > games rofl), but I got back into playing 64, so I might end up bringing that lol

Oh and I pick BB cause I have only played SF4 like 5 times
Grr Tager -_-

idea

Smash Master
+1 SFIV

Although this is the same day as Pownz' SFIV tourney for the big TV so you probably won't get much SFIV turnout.

Also +1 Melee :)
in that case, i change to blazblue, unless...

Can there be a Melee event?
this is an option.

although, having a melee event isn't very fun if it winds up being a free tourney to get more attendance. anyone who'd be willing to enter melee for $10 (it'd probably be $10 =P), please post here to show how many people are interested.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Okay, to settle some things

1) No Melee tourney, sorry guys. but like last time, you are definitely welcomed to bring a melee set-up (or two if you guys can bring a tv, or set of them) for friendlies.

2) the vote is between BlazBlue and SF IV. Although Avarice brought up a good point about Pownz having their tourney on the same **** day. Hmm....nvm, the poll is still up. I'll make the final count at the end of page 5.

3) I want the Brawl + entry to go up to $5 to bring Mtl here cause they think they're better than us at B+ (and I wanna see how good Zaf is at it). BUT, I don't want to increase the price to $5 and then nobody enters. only people I'd see entering for sure is 5ive, PG, F1ZZ, myself, Holy, ThatGuy, Zaf, Distructo, and maybe Eugene. not fun at all. So people, who is interested in a legit B + tourney to get Mtl here, or who wants to keep it at $2? Please post if you would join for $2 or $5

I am putting focus more on our scene to have fun. Having a Brawl only tourney is fail since a lot of people stopped playing and many have started playing other games. So I'm not looking for SF IV, or BB, only people to come to the tourney, I am providing variety for a ****load of fun. I do not want like a million people to show up, as the cap is still 50.

oh yeah, and just in case I didn't point it out, MK is NOT banned.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
straight up do SF4...pownz can go **** themselves for pretending to be committed to our scene then moving on months later

idea

Smash Master
i don't even know if they'd go for as little as $5 =P

and yeah, in that case, blazblue. assuming i still want to go by that day, i'll bring a wii + brawl+. maybe a cube too, i dunno.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
You can confirm my brother, Pause, for this and he is also going to join B and B+.

Cant wait for this tourney.

Top Bottom