• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Yo honestly, I love DBZ. It was a big part of my childhood, but rewatching it again just makes me see how much I hate it. There is just way to much fluff and filler, and most of the action sequences are too short in comparison to the bull**** they throw in there to fill up time.
you just mad cuz yo ass is old
first thing you do is just pick up the phone
lethal interjection livin next to yo home
@#$#$@# grandpa
old nigga, it's on

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I comboed vanz's jiggs several times yesterday, I feel like I accomplished something. Of course, he beat me most of the matches, but still, 60% combo on jiggs involving only bairs and reverse uairs is nothing to sneer at. He said he thinks I read jigg's DI better than Hax. Hoorrrayyyy I did something right!

Also hax just won the tourney I hosted yesterday, beating out eggm and chu, thankfully he didn't play plank this time.

dairspike

Smash Cadet
I have had the pleasure of teaming with Axe often. Pika is awesome at gimping spacies and saving you offstage. Pika's usmash is **** for combo set-ups too.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Yeah I think I got a combo going...it's going to be Falcon 1 grab, Falcon 2 dair then jab reset because we're obviously combo'ing a spacie, Falcon 1 knee, Falcon 2 run after and dair and jab reset again, the stupid spacie just gets up in neutral position while Falcon 2 runs behind him and hits him back towards Falcon 1 with a bair, Falcon 1 does a low uair while Falcon 2 is on a platform because you know we're playing on Dreamland, rounding up a Falcon Punch which connects, and then Falcon 1 taunts while Falcon 2 utilts and pauses right when his leg is pointing straight up and zooms in and out repeatedly.

D

Deleted member

sup

didn't really **** *****es lol

best i played so far in my melee days

i am happy with the way me and oscar played teams

satisfied in singles

D

Deleted member

im drinking too mucuh

but theres a aaa aaaaaaaaaaaa biweekly every wek in norcal everfy 2 weeks

and champs also running biweeklys but dontat norcals ccoming often so might be a little bit boringa

viuds will be **** for norcal man better watch em, i think brandem will upgupoapga aupload them within a week

experience the reapewrape

edit:

edit2

\8

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
johnny, who won teams? The stream went out during GF? Also, who won Singles?
hugs + lucky won teams

CGC: SFSU XVI Singles Tournament Results
1: DaShizWiz
2: Falcomist
3: SS
4: Shroomed
5: Lucky
5: Hugs
7: Scar
7: Lovage
9: Brandon
9: Phil
9: Pink Shinobi
9: Lucien
13: The Iceman
13: Smoke2Jointz
13: Replicate
13: Bob$
17: The___Cheese
17: Berserker
17: SFAT
17: Zelgadis
17: Mr. G
17: Dark Mike
17: Anson
17: Sheridan
25: Isai
25: Zoap
25: Alan
25: Ky
25: L
25: TJ
25: Hostility
25: PockyD

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Drunk posting ftw lolz

So how about that double Falcon team going to SMYM AKA Legion and I? We got something planned that is sure to bring the lol's, rofl's, and lmao's.

legion598

Smash Ace
@gooey SO MANY SHOUT OUTS!!!!!!

we probably need to do some practicing and falcon dittos never hurt
we also need to get our secret low tier team up to snuff

@ iamthemicrowave I technically took a match off of kels in tourney but he was using shiek :p

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Dude our low tier team is LEGIT. I just wish I could jump out of shield and not be dead if I get hit out of my second jump ;_;

And omg, Falco's up close shield pressure is the most annoying **** ever. I roll, he's already there hitting me with something. Wavedash OoS? Well I only do it with the R button so that may be a problem but I get hit when releasing shield and already wavedashing. I don't really think the R only thing is an issue =P. Spot dodge? more like spot- 60% -> potential gimp. Full hop out of shield? He's a bird so he obviously is already up there dair'ing me to the floor. Not hating, but asian Falcos are a pain in the arse to beat >_<

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
When Canada has a national on the East Coast, I will come!

Until then, you've gotta get the non-broke smashers. I know Steffon (knee of justice... he has a new name "Vicious" now >_>) is back into melee.... get at that kid. He loves canada.

just keep NY informed about big canada events. During the summer i'll likely make it to anything big in Montreal for sure, or anything in Quebec province. I really have to rejuvenate my french knowledge, it's been many years since I have truly been immersed in French culture and I've definitely lost a lot of it D::

DunSkies

Smash Journeyman
The Grand Finals for the tourney is lost

too bad since it was an epic set where Falcomist lost both 2-3 barely and had some of the funniest commentary in the world

-s2j
\

watch my teams matches tho =D

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I finally found something useful...Worked alot with pivots today. I gave myself a problem to solve.

Problem: Knee>Jab shield pressure is good...after the first knee>jab that is. The opponent usually has little problem rolling away, spotdodging, or using some type of aerial out of shield.

Solution: Knee>jab>dash behind shield>pivot dsmash. This looks amazing and covers all above options.

Falcons tend to roll backwards after the Kneejab. The dsmash pops him right out of that BS because the second kick is behind him after pivoting. If he stays in his shield then he catches some shield pressure and i guess probably punishes you. Oh well, if the Falcon is staying in his shield, then just keep doing knee jab till his shield breaks =P

Spacies (in addition to rolling) like to spotdodge (i guess expecting grab, and this catches them. They also like to aerial out of shield. They will jump out, and catch the strap from the first kick every time. They will also probably be DI'ing directly away and down if they are going for the fastfall = death at like 50.

I hope this technique has some merit.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Peef, I'm assuming we're Falcon ditto'ing to "avenge" Reneblade at SMYM? You said Falcon or Falco and I was like...eh? You were going to avenge him so why would you use Falco lolz xP But it's whatever =P

At first I looked at that and was like wtf, you can't cc Falcon's dsmash and fsmash for a bit of dashing, but then I used my brain and realized you just slightly dash forward and let go. Seems pretty legit but I tend to try and gentleman -> buffer roll or end up getting shield grabbed or something stupid xP

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Peef, I'm assuming we're Falcon ditto'ing to "avenge" Reneblade at SMYM? You said Falcon or Falco and I was like...eh? You were going to avenge him so why would you use Falco lolz xP But it's whatever =P

At first I looked at that and was like wtf, you can't cc Falcon's dsmash and fsmash for a bit of dashing, but then I used my brain and realized you just slightly dash forward and let go. Seems pretty legit but I tend to try and gentleman -> buffer roll or end up getting shield grabbed or something stupid xP
Yeah its pivoting. You dash then dash the other way and theres that like 1 frame opening to imput anything.

The whole set works with knee>gentleman too so you should try it. In fact it works even better. Gentleman>pivot Gentleman is AMAZING. It's like you're teleporting all over the place. I've never seen anyone do it in match and I swear if I'm the first I will call it the PEEF.

Falcon v. Falcon is fine. I note your fear.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Meh, I just like to know what I'm MM'ing before I make it to the tourney so that's why I questioned that. I've gotten a poop ton better at the Falco matchup anyways thanks to Anthony(although his Falco still annoys me >_<)

And eh, I don't shield pressure, I just knee them >=P

EDIT: Btw, does upB OoS or usmash OoS have any merit towards Falco? I just learned how to do them super consistently and hope that they have some use, even if it's very sparse =P

Top Bottom