• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

DrewB008

Smash Lord
matt i think falco's edgeguardability makes it so he dies from 40% on basically any stage anyway, so the maneuverability helps more than the small sides

the teching thing is kind of true but i feel that you hardly even encounter a situation where the small sides actually limit the tech to the point where you dont have to predict as hard. at its most basic form tech chasing is only a prediction between in place and either side, 2 real options, and that doesnt change unless they land right by the edge and tech away i guess, but who does that

Tomacawk

Smash Master
yeah the drawback is hella limited mobililty to get out of shine combos/shield pressure so it can backfire, imo its about personal preference.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
why dont falcons counterpick yoshi's more often? if you get a stomp knee at like 40% or more vs falco he's basically dead...i know it's hard to move and stuff but I would think it'd be worth it...

also the spacie has less teching options due to the stage being so small
Falcon is easy to tech chase as well. Falco does pretty well on that stage if he can use platforms well and with a smaller stage a tech chase forward smash can easily be a stock.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
i think it's common knowledge that sheik is falcon's worst matchup nowadays actually, i've been given the impression that i was on the fringe for thinking that falco is harder. others still say fox.

tec0 whoever you play i'm sure it'll be awesome, and yeah pakman did get way better vs sheik, i'm very proud of him. i just went back and watched pound 3 crews lol toooo good.
Your worst matchup is Falco, Darkrain's least favorite matchup is falco (so I heard), and that is my worst matchup (like i matter but still). There is a pattern to this madness.

Sliq

Smash Master
LOL

enter singles!!! ame didn't even pay for your broke *** @ spoc this time. i haven't played a friendly with you in like 45 years. you'd prob **** me tho TEC HEROOOOO WAS IT THAT HARD SLIQ?!
I have so much rage...

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I havent seen a post from sliq since that guy tried to claim he was taj lol and got banned right away lol.

The ******* who said that sliq was suppose to put ppl to sleep when you sing to grab the ledge[the only purpose is to grab the ledge].

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
falco falcons worst matchup?
poo poo lies

easily sheik

from sheer tech chasing, tilt retardedness

falco dies from a knee at like 40 so idk why your complaning about him

2 tech chases and hes dead

and if not you gimp his stupid recovery

tubes

Smash Ace
I havent seen a post from sliq since that guy tried to claim he was taj lol and got banned right away lol.

The ******* who said that sliq was suppose to put ppl to sleep when you sing to grab the ledge[the only purpose is to grab the ledge].
wait... so they aren't trying to ledge grab cancel the sing so it can actually be ****ing usable and not have the dude wake up and punish you for using that worthless *** move? I am disappointed.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUtTxvfL4iI&fmt=18
Forward smash at 2:05. How does he do that?

Ryan-K

Smash Master
falco falcons worst matchup?
poo poo lies

easily sheik

from sheer tech chasing, tilt retardedness

falco dies from a knee at like 40 so idk why your complaning about him

2 tech chases and hes dead

and if not you gimp his stupid recovery
i agree with you that sheik is worse than falco but you don't know what you're talking about hahah

falco has so much stupid **** to keep falcon out of his comfort zone its ridiculous. sheik is just worse imo because she can **** falcon at his own game and then gimp him like marth, PLUS use her stupid priority to keep him away.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Thoughts on playing IC? A friend of mine recently took them up and I have to say, it's an uphill battle if I've ever seen one. I used to just approach with a SHFFLed stomp to initiate a combo, but he's gotten wise to my ways and just WDs backwards into a grab. I've been using Nairs effectively with spacing and such, sometimes I get caught with a random WD grab or WD Dsmash... I try to approach with a basic grab>dthrow, but I always get plinked out of my grab by nana. I find the only attack I can land consistently and safely is a raptor boost when Nana is ahead of Popo. Usually both get popped up, or if it's blocked I at least don't get grabbed. Once I get them in the air, it's pretty simple. But I can't find a way to initiate combos.

Suggestions?

Mokumo

Smash Ace
^ whenever i play kyupuff during friendlies at tournaments i find the best strategy is to knee him, and knee, and knee and knee. If you can bait the grab (ICs always want the grab because all they ever practice is stupid IC grab combos) you can get a free hit/grab. KEEP MOVING... just take your time man lol

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
^ whenever i play kyupuff during friendlies at tournaments i find the best strategy is to knee him, and knee, and knee and knee. If you can bait the grab (ICs always want the grab because all they ever practice is stupid IC grab combos) you can get a free hit/grab. KEEP MOVING... just take your time man lol
Hm... Just bait an attack/grab and knee them if they whiff... Sounds like my strat against every other character haha. I'll give it a try, thanks.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
:-P yeah i shouldn't be giving advice... ICs are easy to combo, but the most advice i get around here is to not get grabbed and that sheik is gay. so there you go until someone who's amazing at falcon can tell you something :laugh:

metashinryu

Smash Ace
anyone else uses z to nair? for some reason i cant chain/use nairs fine with A button,and my nairs autocancel when i ledgehop always XD(tho i cancel them anyways to make sure)

i also use z for those *killing* knees after a throw,it just looks like hes hoping from the ground with the knee istead of jumping to it,i found this out practicing jc grabs(failing of course)one day.

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol angelobangelooooo where did you come from

vs ICs you just have to camp their balls off, camp them on platforms, camp a ton of bairs, and space aerials. drive by dairs that hit the back of their shield is good, and spacing knees in their face is awesome, even if it hits their shield knee has a ton of shieldstun so you'll prob be okay

i find that the best way to beat non-chudat ICs is to separate them and then **** nana, CF vs popo is stupid

also if you grab then dthrow immediately, popo usually hits nana away

DrewB008

Smash Lord
that works vs chu too, anytime ive played him

trails popo is basically as good as his icies together so you gotta play a little different vs him

forward b

angelobangelo i did not know you still played this game

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
that works vs chu too, anytime ive played him

trails popo is basically as good as his icies together so you gotta play a little different vs him

forward b

angelobangelo i did not know you still played this game
Oh yeah, Chris still plays too. Actually we've all gotten a lot better around here (All 3 of us). I mainly just lurk and beat off to Scar videos. <3

I spend most of my time prepping for bodybuilding competitions now, but I still get a few games in every week. I'm always up for some games if you ever want to invite Chris (The Luigi player) and myself over. Or you can come here. There will be **** either way.

Edit: thanks to both for the suggestions. As for you Marth1... Hm. Thanks for the idea. You get a gold star for trying, or at least for making me lulz.

skyheart

Smash Lord
lol angelobangelooooo where did you come from

vs ICs you just have to camp their balls off, camp them on platforms, camp a ton of bairs, and space aerials. drive by dairs that hit the back of their shield is good, and spacing knees in their face is awesome, even if it hits their shield knee has a ton of shieldstun so you'll prob be okay

i find that the best way to beat non-chudat ICs is to separate them and then **** nana, CF vs popo is stupid

also if you grab then dthrow immediately, popo usually hits nana away
THANK YOU so MUCH

Sliq

Smash Master

Uhhhhh...what? I think you may have fallen and struck your head, because I don't remember any of the **** your talking about and also have no idea what tone you are trying to convey.

Scar

#HarveyDent
i know, i feel bad i moved his thread b/c i figured he'd never be back but then lolz here he is

yo angelo idk if you remember but about 3 years ago when i first started playing this game i came onto the boards and asked you for advice, true story

if you go to my profile and click view threads started by scar, go to help a captain falcon's power level become over 9000

yeah that was a long time ago

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
scar you joined the boards 2 years and 3 months ago
He obviously made the thread inside of a hyperbolic time chamber, so his story makes sense. This also explains how he could've climbed the Melee ranks so quickly. I need to grab one of those as well.

People who ARE NOT DBZ nerds do not have to understand the comedy that is this post. Thank you.

Edit: I just searched your posted threads. You have lied to me, Scar. The punishment is death by moonwalked reverse knee.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
i remember that scar... and i remember i im'd angelo asking if he was the one in his video stomping the fox on the floor that kept popping up...

i used to have your video on my ipod to watch how i wanted to play lol

good times

skyheart

Smash Lord
He obviously made the thread inside of a hyperbolic time chamber, so his story makes sense. This also explains how he could've climbed the Melee ranks so quickly. I need to grab one of those as well.

People who ARE NOT DBZ nerds do not have to understand the comedy that is this post. Thank you.

Edit: I just searched your posted threads. You have lied to me, Scar. The punishment is death by moonwalked reverse knee.
So what if he lied?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Uhhhhh...what? I think you may have fallen and struck your head, because I don't remember any of the **** your talking about and also have no idea what tone you are trying to convey.
LOL. ALL I said was the last time I saw you post.[last post of yours that I saw].

Some idiot was talking hella **** to u saying u were doing the sing ledge grab thing wrong. And then he pretended to be taj.

It just reminded me of that Krule making a fool of himself

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=102047

Top Bottom