• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
owh :( but i shut down the hate program and booted the love one how does that work?

NIXN

Smash Apprentice
So I am just getting into the Capt. and i figured out how to Flacon punch of the stage and get back, but scar jumping is a pain, I mean I can get three to four uair before i kill myself. I just want to know how to scar jump better because i have been guessing so far. I use the c-stick and stick for DI.

Fever for Cowbell

Smash Cadet
ok...a couple pages back Scar told me how he did it

he releases off the ledge with the c-stick by pressing back on it..then he di's into the stage with the control stick and hten smashes away from it to do the scar jump..scar jump is only that first jump after you release btw.

Scar

#HarveyDent
ok...a couple pages back Scar told me how he did it

he releases off the ledge with the c-stick by pressing back on it..then he di's into the stage with the control stick and hten smashes away from it to do the scar jump..scar jump is only that first jump after you release btw.
Yes, and walljumping over and over on YS is not that useful as anything but a recovery mindgame. I most frequently use it to stall for the cloud, which has almost always been successful.

You can get about 4-5 walljumps before using your double jump, and then 2-3 more on average after that if you really want to.

Omni_Smash

Smash Apprentice
Has the possibility of Scar jumping with characters other than Capt, been looked into? I've been doing it with Mario, linking to Uair and Bair with some suprising results.

Also is it possible to scar jump on Kirby 64?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
you have no idea how gay i am
thought gaynex's cp's where bad?
hahahah
HAHHAHHAHA
onett is not banned where i live
CHOKE ON YOUR INTESTINES AND DIE!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE THE REASON THIS GAME IS BEING RUINED!!!!!!!

Also, Scar where do you tend to take Sheik and why? I saw against Reno you went Pokemon Stadium, but I don't know if he'd banned something obscure or whatever.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Also, Scar where do you tend to take Sheik and why? I saw against Reno you went Pokemon Stadium, but I don't know if he'd banned something obscure or whatever.
I am most comfortable on Stadium of all the stages. The sides are really small so knee kills low, the top is low enough that knee kills off the top vs really good DI and CF rarely ever dies off the top besides vs Fox, and it's very big and great for running around.

The two platforms on either side are perfect IMO, they never mess up dair>knee combos, a problem I have seen too frequently on high middle platforms (think DL64 and Battlefield) vs Fox/Falco at like 100%, land a perfect dair and they tech before you can knee. Pisses me off.

The transformations blow, but other than that I find that it's probably the best neutral stage for Falcon.

That in mind, I also think he does well on all neutrals. FD (combos), YS (small sides, scarjumping lol), Battlefield (big, Jiano's favorite stage), DL64 (huge, great vs Marth), Fountain is awful but apparently G-Reg learned how to play there.

TL;DR: I typically CP pokemon.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Has the possibility of Scar jumping with characters other than Capt, been looked into? I've been doing it with Mario, linking to Uair and Bair with some suprising results.

Also is it possible to scar jump on Kirby 64?
Yeah I posted that it can be done with all characters who have a walljump, though not as fast simply because CF has such amazing horizontal air control, something that most other chars who walljump lack.

Mario's is interesting, it allows for a lot more offstage edgeguarding options b/c of how bad his recovery is and how much having a DJ helps.

Sheik can be very gay with it, but she's gay already so it doesn't change much.

YL's isn't all that useful, albeit fun to SJ bair>dj nair.

Fox's is very flash but not useful IMO, I usually SJ uair people for laughs.

Falco's is really interesting, there are a lot of cool things that can be done because of the incredible height Falco gets on walljumps. I hate Falco.

Samus's is pretty sweet, SJ nair is a pretty ******** edgeguard and she's floaty enough that she can make it back. Low SJ reverse missile>DJ bair is pretty sexy.

Pichu's I haven't tried out but I imagine if uair can tailspike the way Pika's can, it would be nasty.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Yeah I posted that it can be done with all characters who have a walljump, though not as fast simply because CF has such amazing horizontal air control, something that most other chars who walljump lack.

Mario's is interesting, it allows for a lot more offstage edgeguarding options b/c of how bad his recovery is and how much having a DJ helps.

Sheik can be very gay with it, but she's gay already so it doesn't change much.

YL's isn't all that useful, albeit fun to SJ bair>dj nair.

Fox's is very flash but not useful IMO, I usually SJ uair people for laughs.

Falco's is really interesting, there are a lot of cool things that can be done because of the incredible height Falco gets on walljumps. I hate Falco.

Samus's is pretty sweet, SJ nair is a pretty ******** edgeguard and she's floaty enough that she can make it back. Low SJ reverse missile>DJ bair is pretty sexy.

Pichu's I haven't tried out but I imagine if uair can tailspike the way Pika's can, it would be nasty.
Lol, Pichu's Uair just juggles and Scar Jumping with him in general is pointless because his Ledge Hopped Nair will always be a better choice.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Sir Scar, I just got 2 new original GCs and my new orange control does wanders for moon walking left and right one after another. How can I make my moonwalks flashy, how should I dashdance my moonwalks.(any Vids that will help)

Ex:moonwalks right and before moonwalk ends traveling right direction I moonwalk to the left.
Do you think my beautiful OGGCO will still work freaking amazing throughout time if I moonwalk and use it for CAPT. FALCON only?

Thank you Rock anyone here who answers to this.
---------
CLASS OF 2009! also mains FOX

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol I am not that great at moonwalking and in fact never do it out of dashdance, I usually just do it from standing still and also am incapable of linking them together.

If you can do that it sounds awesome but I guess you should ask someone more knowledgeable than I.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Everyone who is interested, here are my vids vs JMan, these are in grand finals of the tourney 5 days ago and all the matches are pretty intense.

Match 1
Match 2
Match 3
Match 4
You seem to be better and you learned how to use grab approaches better. But where are the dash dance bait nair to grab and dash dance to grab tech chases?

Edit: At this rate I won't stand a chance in the MM. =(

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
You seem to be better and you learned how to use grab approaches better. But where are the dash dance bait nair to grab and dash dance to grab tech chases?

Edit: At this rate I won't stand a chance in the MM. =(
They were CC'd to hell. Jman capitalized a ton off CCing Scar's nairs. It seemed like everytime Scar nair'd Jman CC'd and everytime he knee'd or dair'd Jman ran away. Too good.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Jman only CCed two of Scar's nairs during that entire GF set. Once into shine, the other I forget. First was on Kanto I think.

Scar didn't overuse nair though, which was really smart. Scar you should've ***** Jman. You had that but you got careless and lost stocks randomly. Knees off the edge to suicides and sometimes you'd run straight at Jman while he was blatantly camping the edge. You have to be more patient sometimes.

Cia

das kwl
This is not a Melee Falcon Question.

Which matches?? I have a ton of them I think..
it kind of is because some of them are me vs you :D

but if you come across any video that i'm in, can you plz upload it?? (like my rematch against Uscout, and tournament matches against You, Sensei, and Reno)

---------------------------------------------------

on topic. what does falcon hate about sheik?? (LOLOL) srsly

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Edgeguards, needles, and tilts -> fair.

She also gets points for being one of the harder characters to edgeguard.

By the way, I hear you go to NYU. Is that true?

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's not that bad if you can hold the ledge, but if you mess up at all, you'll end up dead yourself. But, yeah, generally, it's nothing too terrible. It just sucks on those occasions when you were trying to edgeguard, but then you're the one who ends up getting edgeguarded, lol.

Top Bottom