• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
amsah needs to learn to abuse dthrow gayness (that **** works in pal to, those who have played armadas sheik as much as i now that) and edgeguard better.
then hell win
his spacing and defense strategies vs falcon are backwards and don't work.

you don't jump vs a character like falcon with a character like sheik. it sucks because then you compete moves or vs. his dash dance and neither of those work very favourably for sheik.

his combo decisions are also meh and he can do a lot more with the openings he gets and probably just death combo hax esp. on fd but he doesn't do that either.

Walt

Smash Ace
Also as I noticed Bob$ said in the comments for that match amsah didn't CC any gentlemens or nairs into grab. Which is huge, I'm actually conditioned to not gentlemen sheik on the ground because of punch punch get grabbed is stupid annoying.

Walt

Smash Ace
man you, bobby, and brandon thought him how to fight doc for like a day and a half straight at GSG2. shouldn't have done that man!

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
his spacing and defense strategies vs falcon are backwards and don't work.

you don't jump vs a character like falcon with a character like sheik. it sucks because then you compete moves or vs. his dash dance and neither of those work very favourably for sheik.

his combo decisions are also meh and he can do a lot more with the openings he gets and probably just death combo hax esp. on fd but he doesn't do that either.
yhea i agree. armada and android (armadas younger brother) who i have played and been talking to alot about this matchup agree with that.
whenever android jumps i just nair/uair him out of it :p so now he stays on the ground and ftilts when i jump.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
If Hax is 16 then jesus I'm jealous. I'm 16 and I'm not that good yet :(
anyone know if that 8 year old that entered pools what actually GOOD
or was he just one of those guys who spams Smash attacks.

0Room

Smash Lord
It's not your age imo it's how long you've been playing.
I also think there's some natural talent.

Some people just get it, and others have to really work at it.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
whenever android jumps i just nair/uair him out of it :p so now he stays on the ground and ftilts when i jump.
i think because of falcon's movement **** it's extremely unsafe to lob out f-tilt because dd grab is gay as balls

but otherwise, yeah, it's pretty good

sheik falcon is a lot of doing nothing but moving around and keeping in certain spacings, it's really boring but oh well, fighting a good falcon is boring at high level unless one of you gets a clean hit then it becomes really funny for about 30 seconds

D

Deleted member

i enjoy it

mostly cuz i like getting *****

and also i love spacing battles

my punish is terrible though

Scar

#HarveyDent
Congrats to Hax and s2j for putting in work at P5 brackets.

Scar, what happened? :(
i got a job :(

there are so many naturally good players now that actually play the game

i can't tell whether everyone is just better or if i just don't practice enough

i think it's the latter but we'll see

tournies like p5 def reignite that spark though, so much fun

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Scar is more awesome than you think he is. I <3 Bobby.

and s2j is incredibly good. most people haven't seen him play vs anyone outside of the WC but he is LEGITTTT and a cool guy. you know a guy who gets 6 point banned all the time must be a funny dude, but he is that way IRL too!!!

why are falcon mains the best people???

D

Deleted member

im gunna make a post on the falcon boards about my pound experience in the coming week

but i'd just like to say, nice meeting you all, especially my falcon homies, finally great to see you guys in person

0Room

Smash Lord
Well you need to learn what's safe in any particular match, what the sheik player's habits are, etc
Lots of little things.

Jake13

Smash Lord
scar: nice meeting you/your cool/good friendly falcon teams w mojo n hax

s2j: you're a sloppy drunk lol. and good **** on beating hbox in your mm

Scar

#HarveyDent
I **** as a TO!!

Hey so...

Let's talk about CF's nair. It's really good but when is the right time to use it?

We talked about it vs Knee / Dair when approaching vs Falco. I had a little discussion about it on these boards with Johnny and BigD, and we talked about Nair as being generally good, but since opportunities are so limited vs Falco, why not go for the gusto and knee him instead?

Do you think that's legitimate logic, and if so does it apply elsewhere? If not, what do you think about Nair in general?

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I **** as a TO!!

Hey so...

Let's talk about CF's nair. It's really good but when is the right time to use it?

We talked about it vs Knee / Dair when approaching vs Falco. I had a little discussion about it on these boards with Johnny and BigD, and we talked about Nair as being generally good, but since opportunities are so limited vs Falco, why not go for the gusto and knee him instead?

Do you think that's legitimate logic, and if so does it apply elsewhere? If not, what do you think about Nair in general?
That's what I do vs a spammy y.link I play. (he played it way before armada, :D) He's really good at keeping the hole in his defenses small and constantly moving, so when I see the chance I just knee. I also know it will hit him, but I guess knee on shield isn't that bad anyway.

Idk about vs falco, I never really get anything going vs good ones to begin with.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
nair is really good vs fox. It beats his nair very consistently. fox can bair through it if he hits in between the first and second nair hitbox, or fox can cc it. fox can also usmash through it but that's not really a legitimate threat. if a fox is approaching you with/throwing out usmashes like that it shouldn't be a tough match for you lol
people should nair more often in general during combos. people almost always DI it in at high percents and it's always a uair, usually a knee afterwards
if you're doing retreating nairs/pivot nairs vs fox he has a lot of trouble getting in
fox can fullhop over you and bair your head (which you shouldn't allow to happen if you're spacing yourself right. this won't happen if you're near the ledge [where most people start to spam nairs to get their bearings back])
fox could opt to laser you and wait (nobody really does this but jman and a few others)
or if the fox has godly timing he can shffl nair you in between your first and second nair hitbox
I THINK nair beats fox's utilt, too, as long as you're spacing it so that you're hitting him with your feet
nes noob vs kels at jab2 shows a lot of nair utility
I think people should nair to dash dance as a counter for cc spammers. they don't really cc and watch what you do, they cc and attack immidiately because every falcon in the world nairs to grab at low percents

i'd talk about falco but I'm a fox player not a falco player

Top Bottom